[PERMANENTLY CLOSED] A question for those who.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The truth sir that there is life after death and that just denying that God has any involvement in this existence let alone just to simply choose to have faith in His Son your soul (the thing that makes you, you) is dead and has no chance of immortality.whether or not you choose to believe in nothing. And I don't have to demonstrate God He will demonstrate Himself through the Holy Spirit. Make the choice to accept Jesus and ask Him into your life and He will present Himself to you and it will be undeniable.

In other words, you can't demonstrate this truth, you simply say, this is what you believe?

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2015
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In other words, you can't demonstrate this truth, you simply say, this is what you believe?
It is not my purpose to demonstrate what His truth does by performing a mirical for you (though I do pray that that would be the case) but by telling you that power you are seeking to see can only be seen through the power of the Holy Spirit. This is the case.What you want to see can only be done if you ask for it.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is not my purpose to demonstrate what His truth does by performing a mirical for you (though I do pray that that would be the case) but by telling you that power you are seeking to see can only be seen through the power of the Holy Spirit. This is the case.What you want to see can only be done if you ask for it.

Yea, I have heard that before and I was in fact a Christian for most of my life, until I discovered that it was highly likely, that I was wrong.

Of course, this has no impact on you personally and you are free to worship the God of your choosing.

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2015
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If your view is true, the priest did nothing objectively wrong when he engaged in whatever act it was that changed your life.

You, like he, are simply a species existing on this planet not unlike a cockroach or a flea. You exist to reproduce and pass on your genes. That is it. You may think you are significant in the whole scheme of things but the reality is that your feelings, your dreams, your aspirations amount to nothing. Nature, to whom you owe your existence (somehow) could care less.
No the protest do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING right in that situation. IN fact he sacrificed his position in heaven because of his fleshy desires and not only that but it would have been better for him to tie a stone to his neck and drown himself for by his sinful action he did not glorify God and has put a stumbling block in your life and caused you to choose your flesh over eternal life. That priest will be judged just as I will be and God's wrath will be shown.

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2015
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No the protest do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING right in that situation. IN fact he sacrificed his position in heaven because of his fleshy desires and not only that but it would have been better for him to tie a stone to his neck and drown himself for by his sinful action he did not glorify God and has put a stumbling block in your life and caused you to choose your flesh over eternal life. That priest will be judged just as I will be and God's wrath will be shown.
*The priest did*

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2015
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yea, I have heard that before and I was in fact a Christian for most of my life, until I discovered that it was highly likely, that I was wrong.

Of course, this has no impact on you personally and you are free to worship the God of your choosing.
I worship God. I Am. Lord of Lords. King of KINGS. There is no other God but Him. All glory and honor and power is His.He is the Author of our souls. Alone will he have vengeance against him who has oppressed us with His evil and deceit. This flesh and sinful desires will no longer keep me from glorifying God. Because of His love. No He is love we will see true peace.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I worship God. I Am. Lord of Lords. King of KINGS. There is no other God but Him. All glory and honor and power is His.He is the Author of our souls. Alone will he have vengeance against him who has oppressed us with His evil and deceit. This flesh and sinful desires will no longer keep me from glorifying God. Because of His love. No He is love we will see true peace.

Whatever works for you.

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2015
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whatever works for you.

He is the way, the truth ( He is the truth) ,and the life. No man can come to the Father except through Him. As an atheist you have no faith therefore this does not apply to you. Faith is believing without seeing. And through faith we will see. This does not apply to you. You have no faith so your human spirit can only seek truth by what it sees. His truth is pure. Also to the other guy that said can you stop molesting children as a Christain. That priest i can not judge but I can say he does not have the Holy Spirit. Being a Believer does not mean you will not sin. We sin and will continue to until this flesh dies. Having a personal relationship with Him He will convict you of what is right and because of free will we sure do have the choice to do whatever we want just as the priest did but it did not glorify God which is the NUMBER 1 goal in the true believers life. I am a believer and I DEFINITELY sin everyday. I have no shame for my sin anymore because Christ has covered me with His blood but that DOES NOT ( big emphasis) mean i should continue to sin. A true believer will look to the cross and ask for deliverance for that sin and ask Christ for the power to overcome so that I may bring Him glory by obeying Him and saying no to death (sin)

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He is the way, the truth ( He is the truth) ,and the life. No man can come to the Father except through Him. As an atheist you have no faith therefore this does not apply to you. Faith is believing without seeing. And through faith we will see. This does not apply to you. You have no faith so your human spirit can only seek truth by what it sees. His truth is pure. Also to the other guy that said can you stop molesting children as a Christain. That priest i can not judge but I can say he does not have the Holy Spirit. Being a Believer does not mean you will not sin. We sin and will continue to until this flesh dies. Having a personal relationship with Him He will convict you of what is right and because of free will we sure do have the choice to do whatever we want just as the priest did but it did not glorify God which is the NUMBER 1 goal in the true believers life. I am a believer and I DEFINITELY sin everyday. I have no shame for my sin anymore because Christ has covered me with His blood but that DOES NOT ( big emphasis) mean i should continue to sin. A true believer will look to the cross and ask for deliverance for that sin and ask Christ for the power to overcome so that I may bring Him glory by obeying Him and saying no to death (sin)

Cool story, you should be a preacher.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 21, 2015
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cool story, you should be a preacher.
I really dont want to be. I just really like to pray. It is comforting to know because I choose to have faith I can have the Almighty to talk to and have a relationship with. See, all I say to you is what the Spirit has taught me. I dont want to change your mind I dont want you to see it how I see it I dont want you to believe because I believe. You have free will to do what you want but please ask yourself for your own sake. "IF" there truly is God and judgement after death and "assuming there is an eternal death. And "assuming" there is a choice of eternal life. Are you truly willing to stand before God on the day of judgement "assuming" it comes and tell Him you have chosen death?

Upvote 0

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
Here :)
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ON!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a note to let you know that a few posts were removed in a small thread clean up of the last 2 pages.

Also, please remember the Flaming/Goading rules when posting:

Flaming and Goading
Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
Do not attack another member's character or actions in any way, address only the content of their post and not the member personally.
NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, or smileys clearly meant to goad.
Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
Only the person to whom the post is addressed may report the other. Anyone may report generalized flames or goads which are addressed to a group of members.
Moderators have the right to report egregious violations of flaming or goading.
Clear violations of the flaming rule will result in bans.

Remember you are to address the content of the post NOT the poster personally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT OFF!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
God gives each person a measure of light. If they go toward that light He gives them more. If they turn from it He is not obligated to give them any more light. In turning from the light they make their decision. Each person therefore is responsible for either rejecting or following that drawing light.
That's not implied by what you originally said. The implication of what you originally said was that God is responsible for the damnation of souls by not drawing them to himself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paulm50

Feb 5, 2014
✟2,061.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
This is the basis of all religions. Hence the need in the early days to provide "proof". A local flood, eruption, disease, plagues, drought, wind, sun, rain, are the gods powers. In a modern world we know that's not true. So their truth is left with things that can't prove.

Jesus made it very clear about the power of prayer, never comes true. Some believe they can talk to god. God never tells them something they didn't already know.

"I just really like to pray. It is comforting to know because I choose to have faith I can have the Almighty to talk to and have a relationship with." Can you prove you're not just talking it over with yourself? Talking things over with myself is good for me, and it did help me rationalise what a bastard that priest was. Now I've discovered his church is full of similar bastards and the hierarchy did their bast to hide them. By moving them to parishes to offend again. How does prayer settle that fact in my head, better then suing the church into poverty?

As I grew up and watched more on the actions of organised religions, I affirmed my belief that the concept was flawed from the start. Because it was men writing what men wanted. Now the evidence is clear that's true.

The question of if there is or isn't a god is irrelevant. The question is, is it the god that ordered donations of money, campaigning, murder, rape, execution, war, etc. Or the one that wouldn't ever do those things?

Try finding an organised church that didn't sit aside a despotic leader telling the people god's will, was also the will of the leader.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's not implied by what you originally said. The implication of what you originally said was that God is responsible for the damnation of souls by not drawing them to himself.

God is responsible for sending people to hell the same way a judge is responsible for sending a criminal to jail.

Upvote 0

paulm50

Feb 5, 2014
✟2,061.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Of course.
You can always prove the truth. It's not hard. Reliable eyewitness accounts, would prove aliens.

Eyewitness accounts written in a book, would prove Islam, Hindu, Judaism, Mormons, Scientologists, dragons, flying saucers, and Benny Hinn can heal the sick.

Definition of the truth is the problem. One man's truth is another man's lie. So we have to have concrete evidence to prove truth. What I suggest is you have your version of the truth, based on evidence given to you, and that's it.

I read the bible and was taught bible study. My truth is Jesus preached to save the Jews from the priests who had taken the original Judaic message and corrupted it. He was prophesized as a Jewish Messiah, fulfilled the prophecies on his birth and failed to fulfill them by his death. He was put in front of Pilate by those corrupt priests. Paul and Peter are more responsible for taking the message, changing it to fit a wider audience, and eventually took it to Rome. Where it grew.

I can prove that with the bible, you can pull parts out to justify your side. Whois right?

Do you see how truth is like a coin with two sides. Can you see my side?

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
God is responsible for sending people to hell the same way a judge is responsible for sending a criminal to jail.
That analogy doesn't hold given what you said earlier. You said:
No one can come to Jesus as Lord and Savior unless the Father draw them. No one can be drawn by God unless God choose to draw them.

From beginning to end, salvation is a work of God to which we contribute nothing save the sins that necessitate our salvation.
What happens to those that God does not draw to himself? They are damned.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.