Akron
✟72,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Pelosi is very controversial. The disrespect between her and Trump seems to be mutual. But the one thing I think of is that attack on her husband and the fact that he got hit in the head with a hammer because he would not cooperate with the person who broke into his house. I can not believe they did not do more to protect themselves. Patio doors are the most vulnerable part of a house to break into. I keep my house secure enough that they can not use a pry bar to get in. The theory is they will go onto the next house where they can pop a window with a pry bar. I have seen the marks of people trying to break in but failing to accomplish their objective.

This is why I wonder about the attack on Pelosi's husband. This was a failure to protect themselves on many levels. Not having a secure home. Not having weapons if someone did break into the home. I think about that when I see a lone country home off by itself. You would think the bad guys would be tempted to break in because there are no neighbors around keeping an eye on each other's property. Although they tell me that people who live like that keep weapons around.

Reactions: RileyG

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Pelosi needs to retire completely, keep her home secure, and enjoy the years she has left IMO. It's time for her to move on from public life.

I remember a story my brother told me about an old, retired doctor in the Appalachian Mountains. He was sick and could not get out of bed, but they would still bring his patents in to see him. He would give them a shot of Penicillin like he always did. If anyone should retire, it should be Bidden. About all he wants to do is take a nap..

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Pelosi is very controversial. The disrespect between her and Trump seems to be mutual. But the one thing I think of is that attack on her husband and the fact that he got hit in the head with a hammer because he would not cooperate with the person who broke into his house. I can not believe they did not do more to protect themselves. Patio doors are the most vulnerable part of a house to break into. I keep my house secure enough that they can not use a pry bar to get in. The theory is they will go onto the next house where they can pop a window with a pry bar. I have seen the marks of people trying to break in but failing to accomplish their objective.

This is why I wonder about the attack on Pelosi's husband. This was a failure to protect themselves on many levels. Not having a secure home. Not having weapons if someone did break into the home. I think about that when I see a lone country home off by itself. You would think the bad guys would be tempted to break in because there are no neighbors around keeping an eye on each other's property. Although they tell me that people who live like that keep weapons around.
So Pelosi's husband deserved to be attacked, to have a man break into their home and hit him with a hammer. Perhaps he should have slept with a gun in his hand?

That is a disgusting and non-Christian view, imho.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So Pelosi's husband deserved to be attacked, to have a man break into their home and hit him with a hammer. Perhaps he should have slept with a gun in his hand?
Maybe he should have carried a gun when he was in his own home. I never said he deserved anything. I only said he was stupid. As forest Gump would say: "Stupid is as stupid does." That pretty much says it all. Or as Ben Franklin said: An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

The saying "It's better to avoid trouble than to get out of trouble" is a common adage that emphasizes the importance of preventing problems or difficult situations in the first place, as it can be easier and more beneficial than having to deal with the consequences or find solutions later.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe he should have carried a gun when he was in his own home. I never said he deserved anything. I only said he was stupid. As forest Gump would say: "Stupid is as stupid does." That pretty much says it all. Or as Ben Franklin said: An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

The saying "It's better to avoid trouble than to get out of trouble" is a common adage that emphasizes the importance of preventing problems or difficult situations in the first place, as it can be easier and more beneficial than having to deal with the consequences or find solutions later.
Why should a person have to carry around a gun in their own home?

The doors were locked. There were video cameras and a security cameras and perhaps Paul Pelosi thought that the Capitol police would be monitoring them. The break in was caught on those cameras when the Capitol police reviewed it. Paul may have forgotten that they only watched closely when Nancy was there.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Pelosi needs to retire completely, keep her home secure, and enjoy the years she has left IMO. It's time for her to move on from public life.
Retirement is a big adjustment. It is very common for people to die within a year of their retirement. My dad was 86 and he did not want to retire but my brother forced him to retire. He died within a year of that. He worked 12 hours a day, six days a week for 50 years. He did not like vacations, or holidays, he would have rather been working.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why should a person have to carry around a gun in their own home?

The doors were locked. There were video cameras and a security cameras and perhaps Paul Pelosi thought that the Capitol police would be monitoring them. The break in was caught on those cameras when the Capitol police reviewed it. Paul may have forgotten that they only watched closely when Nancy was there.
I think your comments answer your question.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think your comments answer your question.
It doesn't, though I think the Pelosis would be wise to have a better alarm system and a local video monitoring company that is 24/7.
A gun is not the best answer. It is amazing my parents lived into their 90's at home without a gun.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't, though I think the Pelosis would be wise to have a better alarm system and a local video monitoring company that is 24/7.
Agreed - but what about all the people who cannot afford security and/or live in gang infested neighborhoods with their children ...... and the cops did show up, but a lot of damage can be done before they do.
A gun is not the best answer.
Agreed - most people would not take on the responsibility or training required to be safe let alone be proficient, however, sometimes it is. If someone breaks into my house with a hammer, I would rather have a firearm than a hammer.
It is amazing my parents lived into their 90's at home without a gun.
It is sad the way things are for sure, my parents as well. I am betting the Pelosis are protected by armed security now, guys with guns.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Agreed - but what about all the people who cannot afford security and/or live in gang infested neighborhoods with their children ...... and the cops did show up, but a lot of damage can be done before they do.
[/QUOTE]
I was speaking about Pelosi

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It is amazing my parents lived into their 90's at home without a gun.
Actually, guns do more harm. There is a good chance that someone in the family will get shot. My friend across the street got shot in the head with his dad's gun when his mom and dad were having an argument.

I do not keep any ammo in the house. There is to big of a risk of the children getting hurt. The guns themselves are fairly harmless.

• Informative
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0