Panic at the Disco

tp65

Mar 19, 2006
✟17,404.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I need help ASAP!! My son has been invited to a concert by the above named band. The boy that invited him gets to invite a few kids and they are taking a limo (don't know if this is a birthday gift or what). Anyway, they really need our answer and I know nothing about this band. I have looked up their webpage and still haven't really learned anything. Help appreciated (fast...........)

PenelopePitstop2

Sep 15, 2006
✟16,428.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi tp65
I would want to find out more, but its up to you to decide what you think is appropriate depending on the age of your son and where the venue is, who would he be going with etc.

Here are their web sites so you can check it out for yourself.

www.myspace.com/panicatthedisco

Or
www.panicatthedisco.com

Upvote 0

tp65

Mar 19, 2006
✟17,404.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thanks to you both...I have checked the website and the myspace but couldn't really learn anything. My daughter told me last night that she wouldn't go to one of their concerts...she said one song is just all cursing. They just looked weird to me but I couldn't find the song with the cursing...I had gone through their lyrics already. Anyway, my son and I talked this morning and decided that he wouldn't go...it is hard bc I don't want the other parents to feel that I am judging what they allow their son to do but I have to stand my ground. We are just going to tell them that it would be a difficult time for him to go (which is true bc it is Thanksgiving weekend). My son doesn't listen to them anyway so I don't think it is that big of a deal...he was more looking forward to the limo ride. Thanks again for the suggestions. T

Upvote 0

tp65

Mar 19, 2006
✟17,404.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Ladies, I just wanted to tell you that had I checked the mail yesterday I would have found my answer. The "plugged in" magazine from Focus on the Family arrived and it has an article on this group. Glad we decided he wasn't going. It gave me just the info I needed. One song is a rant about a boy who's ex is having sex in a car with another guy. That song uses a very offensive word twice. Other songs also have expletives. One song talks about visiting a strip club...there is more but don't want to take all your time. They call the cd dark, angry and cynical. Sreno7, hope that helps you with your daughter.

Upvote 0