Axis Salley

May 12, 2010
Wolf's Lair
✟208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And that has what bearing on this situation?

We didn't except occupation why should the Palestinians? The kid is a Patriot fighting for his right to exist. The media labels Palestinians terrorist when they're getting their homes bulldozed. Judging by some of the comments here that a child got what he deserved for throwing rocks the media lie is working.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
We didn't except occupation why should the Palestinians?

Who is "we"? I live in the United States. You live in Iran.

The kid is a Patriot fighting for his right to exist.

Wrong tense. He "fought" stupidly, and now he is dead, and fights no more.

The media labels Palestinians terrorist when they're getting their homes bulldozed. Judging by some of the comments here that a child got what he deserved for throwing rocks the media lie is working.

He didn't deserve it, per se, but I'm not particularly shocked by what happened.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The rebirth of Israel as an independent nation in 1948 is one of the most significant events in world history, IMO. It was prophesied in Ezekiel 37:11-13. God brought His scattered people out from among the nations and it became a nation in one day, as prophesied in Isaiah 66:8-9. It was also prophesied in Zechariah 12:2-3 that Israel would be the object of scorn.
You ever heard of the concept of self fulfilling prophecy?

Upvote 0

Axis Salley

May 12, 2010
Wolf's Lair
✟208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The rebirth of Israel as an independent nation in 1948 is one of the most significant events in world history, IMO. It was prophesied in Ezekiel 37:11-13. God brought His scattered people out from among the nations and it became a nation in one day, as prophesied in Isaiah 66:8-9. It was also prophesied in Zechariah 12:2-3 that Israel would be the object of scorn.

Jeremiah 23:3-6 Also states none will be missing.
Diaspora is either over and they need to go home or They're disobeying God by being there? Which is it?

Upvote 0

plindboe

Feb 29, 2004
In my pants
✟10,498.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The boy is an idiot, going into a hot spot throwing stones at people he knows had a good chance of being armed. When they say throwing stones, from my research I found that they mean good half-pound stones that can do serious damage, not tiny pebbles. The boy got what was coming to him.

Now, this does not justify killing a kid for throwing stones at your car (if he was throwing stones at you, that is a whole other story), and the person responsible should be arrested and tried to the full extent of the law, but my sympathy for the boy is quite small.

Growing up in an occupied territory, one will tend to fight, even when faced with overwhelming power. I'm sure you'd feel differently, if you had been raised in a similar environment. Also, we're talking about a kid. Kids do stupid things. Saying a kid deserves to die for being reckless, is a rather sociopathic attitude.

That said, I don't get the coldness people tend to express on this issue. It's curious how otherwise civilized people tend to shrug their shoulders over a kid getting shot when they judge an event through a political/religious bias.

Peter

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
Unbelievable!!

You know there was a country years back who was under foreign rule and couldn't fight back with traditional warfare. They formed groups and fought anyway they could. We called them Patriots and Militants others who do it we call terrorist.

Arguing for taking up arms to fight is one thing, throwing rocks at cars owned by armed peoples is another.

One is a genuine morally acceptable course of action, the other is plain stupidity.

Upvote 0

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
Growing up in an occupied territory, one will tend to fight, even when faced with overwhelming power. I'm sure you'd feel differently, if you had been raised in a similar environment. Also, we're talking about a kid. Kids do stupid things. Saying a kid deserves to die for being reckless, is a rather sociopathic attitude.

That said, I don't get the coldness people tend to express on this issue. It's curious how otherwise civilized people tend to shrug their shoulders over a kid getting shot when they judge an event through a political/religious bias.

Peter

My political and religious ideals have absolutly no bearing on this case. If you must know, my political position is sided moreso on the side of the child in question, not on his shooter*, yet it in no way makes this former child any less stupid.

I should also point out that you do not know the environment in which I was brought up, so don't just assume that there was no death due to political strife around my area of upbringing, there was.

The point remains, this person chose to throw rocks to hurt the property of his enemies, and faced the consequences of his actions. Since so many of you like comparing this to the American revolution, were a young American-to-be to come up to a group of British soldiers during the war, and start throwing eggs at them, and end up getting shot, I would call him just a big an idiot, and have as little sympathy, as I do here.

*I don't take a one sided stance, I feel the entire situation is a mess and that almost everyone is in the wrong.

Upvote 0

The Penitent Man

the penitent man shall pass
Nov 11, 2009
Clarkson, Ontario
✟16,654.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums