✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Preaching the Good News

Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all those engaged in selling and buying there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves.~Matthew 21:12

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
jean-leon-gerome-harem-women-feeding-pigeons-in-a-courtyard_i-G-14-1422-4Y5R000Z.jpg

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
One more from Will Wilson's Critical Indigenous Photographic Exchange (CIPX)

more information here http://willwilson.photoshelter.com/about

John Gritts, citizen of the Cherokee Nation, with image of his Great Great Grandmother, Dockie Livers, survivor of the Trail of Tears. CIPX_DAM_2013

905567_10151401338613099_1967456273_o.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My favorite Native American artist, other than Henri Peter, is JD Challenger. I think his artwork is beautiful and I think he is very talented. My favorite paintings of his are called Nation of Ancestors and Seeking the Vision. I will not post his paintings because of copyright but you can see his artwork online here - Official JD Challenger Website.

Last edited:
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In Lakota the buffalo is called Tatanka.

As featured in Dances with Wolves. ;) I'm tempted to call my mother and say "See, I did learn something from all that television you tried to prevent me from watching as a child after all". ;)

I feel I should apologize in advance for liking Dances with Wolves, because I'm sure it's not the most accurate film in the world, but it's one of my favorite movies and I can't quit it. ;) And they were right about what the Lakota called the buffalo, at least...

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As featured in Dances with Wolves. ;) I'm tempted to call my mother and say "See, I did learn something from all that television you tried to prevent me from watching as a child after all". ;)

I feel I should apologize in advance for liking Dances with Wolves, because I'm sure it's not the most accurate film in the world, but it's one of my favorite movies and I can't quit it. ;) And they were right about what the Lakota called the buffalo, at least...

Thank you for your comment, Fish. I think it depends on the Native American you ask if they like the movie or think it is historically accurate. I know some who do like it and some who do not. I have Native American friends who are friends with some of the Native Americans actors who were in the film, such as Graham Greene and Wes Studi.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Although the definition of sculpture to me is 'something you trip over when you step back to look at a good painting', I do love this sculpture of St. Francis created for The Church of The Holy Faith in Santa Fe, New Mexico by my friend Buck McCain.

18096_1597109x1200.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.