Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
btw awitch are you SURE your graven image of the naked singularity was inappropriate contentographic?

Because where I'm sitting it would have to be a graven image of a NEKKID singularity to qualify as inappropriate content.

Just sayin'!

Hm..well I guess I could inappropriate content it up a little if I can remember where I left it.

Reactions: GigageiTsula
Upvote 0

Booko

Poultry in Motion
Aug 14, 2006
Georgia
✟19,470.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Your god just spoke to me, he would like me to relay a message to you, he wants you to stop typing in big, blue letters, the day of the Smurf has not yet dawned.

smurf_wars.jpg

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You wanna borrow my reading glasses? Maybe you could spot it better that way.

I don't know, my regular glasses use the prototype lenses for the Hubble Space Telescope already.

(I should probably stop using that joke after learning that the Hubble uses mirrors instead of lenses)

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
13 post later. Do your gods and idols speak to you?

What is you obsession with other people's gods speaking to them?

I hear often enough from the Christian God. We never discuss the creation of the Universe. There always seems to be something else that's more important to say. :)

It seems though that most Christians don't have much in the way of direct communication with God. I mean, they pray a lot, but think it's really weird when they hear God talking back to them.

Pagans are similar. Except perhaps that in Western society there are an exceptional amount of pagans who have converted because they have had experiences with pagan gods. I think there is a limited portion of the population that is capable of perceiving spiritual experiences with deities, and out of those who are able there are many who deny these experiences in an effort to fit in with everybody else. Or they hide what's happening so that they don't sound like they are crazy! Considering spiritual experience is one of a handful of reasons to convert to a new religion, there are probably more pagans proportionally that can hear from their gods than there are Christians who can do the same thing.

I have heard from a number of pagan gods, but choose not to become a pagan. God is my Father, and I need no other. But when I first heard from the goddess Hekate she offered to answer any question I asked. Being interested in science I considered asking the question about the origin of the universe; but ended up asking something different instead. :cool:

So once again, what is so fantastically important about the answer to the origins of the universe, that you feel the story in Genesis or the big bang theory doesn't cover?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rahul_sharma

Hindu dominated India - Largest Democracy on Earth
Sep 11, 2004
New Delhi
✟3,888.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
One who asked, weather your God's idol speak with you should first ask this question to themselve when they see the picture of the dear one or Jesus or Kabba.Can you spit on the picture of your father or mother....ohh come on, its just a piece of paper made in some factory. Go, tear it, throw away...its just a paper after all...!!! Do you love that piece of paper or your mother through that image? Does your feelings multiply for that dear one after seeing his pic? :)

I think you will get the answer, Idol is not God but a symbol of God that increace innocent love and concentration of a devotee many times. Its not necessary in hinduism but it is not even forbidden. Let the child attempt in every possible way to love his parents. Parents always love the innocent love and innocent attempts of child and not dogmatic rules and regulations enforced on his love.

Also, if God is everywhere...it is both inside and outside the Idol.
:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
It is perfectly reasonable to conclude that a people under contract with God, forbidden from serving any other gods and this condition enforced by God; would encounter some unique difficulties when trying to worship idols. Idols built to other gods in Israel would get noticed by their God, and He might very well have driven off the actual deity the people were trying to worship, and left the idol to remain empty. Or maybe even allowed an evil spirit to come and impersonate the god, wrecking even more havoc upon those who broke their covenant with God to worship other gods.

I do not equate the nature of pagan gods from other countries with the nature of those worshiped illegally in Palestine.

In fact, had Gabriel or Michael shown up in Greece or India on a mission from God, they could very well have been incorporated into the pantheons there. That doesn't make them evil spirits or change their status as angels of God!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GeminiMoon

Oct 23, 2011
✟500.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Even though it is quite obvious that the OP is trying to troll, I will nevertheless give my brief opinion on this matter.

There are some, who by use of their gifts, i.e mediumship, clairvoyance, Clairsentience, Clairaudience and empathy etc, have professed to actually have conversations with their God and/or Goddess. An example would be a popular YouTube vlogger known as BallerinaBoy (Corey), who openly admits to hearing the voice of Isis, regularly speaks out loud to her and has an amazing relationship with her.
I however find that the God and Goddess (Mainly the Goddess) talk to me through a series of feelings, emotions and extraordinary and out of the blue experiences that happen subtly in every day to day life. Sort of like a Eureka moment or when I get an overwhelming emotion. I remember once in ritual I burst into tears because it was as if I could feel the hands of the Goddess on my shoulders, comforting me as it was a low point in my life. I have yet to discover which God and/or Goddess is my Matron and Patron, but I know they are always with me, even when I am having a spiritual dry spell.

Love and Light to you all!
:hug::groupray::angel:

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Which of the Pagan gods created by human imagination and hands created this world? And which one has foretold the future and have it come to pass? Let them take council and discuss it among themselves.^_^

Your post is disrespectful. I'm ignoring you. :wave:

Reactions: elephunky
Upvote 0