Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I admit that I engage in overeating and I want to stop. Will I end up in hell for gluttony? Is overeating the same thing as gluttony? If so, as a fat person, will I end up in Hell if I don't repent for gluttony?

Some advice would to be stop eating after you're not hungry instead of when you are full. Instead of setting goals like losing so many pounds in so much time, create systems that will encourage the formation of healthy habits. For instance, commit to doing something easy like going on a walk once week after you get home from church, and you will be healthier because of the formation of the habit. Or commit making small changes in your diet that involve eating a little bit more fruit or vegetables and less things with high fructose corn syrup. I recall seeing a study where two people had identical diets except for one drank pop with high fructose corn syrup and the other drank pop without it and the difference was pretty noticeable after a year, so that's really stuff you want to avoid as much as possible. The key is forming habits and once something becomes a habit, then it takes less will power to force yourself to do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0