Outside the Camp

May 12, 2009
✟15,395.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've browsed the website and I agree with their confession of faith. I admit that I was scared to post at first for fear that some might think I'm "oustide the camp". I find it hard to believe that all those listed in the herodoxy hall of shame are outside the camp and don't believe in the gospel. I looked at the confession of faith and it seems short in comparison to the website as a whole. I'm sure many who appear in the hall of shame also agreed with this confession of faith.

I believe in the gospel and I agree with their confession of faith. Could I be in the herodoxy hall of shame? Possibly, because I'm a newish believer and I might be ignorant of some of the stuff on their website. Do I doubt my salvation? NO! I am part of God's elect, I have been washed with the blood of Christ. I'm sure this is also the case for some of the people who have made it to this hall of shame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted in the Reformed Forum some months ago but reposted here: OUTSIDE THE CAMP

I'm utterly agonized by this site: what if it is true that Arminians and also most Calvinists do not truly believe the Gospel? :(

They are self proclaimed saviors of the true faith, and have set themselves up as judges over all who proclaim, or previously claimed themselves Christian, most of whom can no longer defend themselves. Who put them in charge? Who gave them the right to judge others in the body of Christ? Who says their interpretation of scripture is correct? Why they do of course!

General, stop looking at these fringe websites that do nothing but shake your faith. Spend time in prayer, fellowship with God through His Son, and let the Holy Spirit guide you as you diligently search the scriptures. If you have trouble with a biblical passage, there are plenty of on-line free resources to help. And by all means, do not forget the good people here at Christian Forums. One more thing, by all means, pray for wisdom.

God Bless

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
From what I've seen on this site so far, the founder appears to hold many, if not most of his views as a result of his hatred for the Roman Catholic church and Arminians. While I certainly agree that Arminian theology has some serious inconsistencies, and that the RC has a great many serious heresies, such hatred is simply not Christian. There is a time and place to make a strong and unapologetic stand out of love for the truth. But I'm not getting any sense of love from what I see there. Instead there seems to almost be a sense of fear. I think this site is probably a good example of fundamentalism gone bad. Most people have a bad view of fundamentalism because of a misunderstanding of what it really is. But this guy is a real example of when it does go very wrong.

I know people who have converted from the RC and they can be prone to now speak about the RC as harshly as this fellow. I can understand why. It's a strong reaction to what they've been through. I get that. But I also think it's an area in their lives that needs healing and repentance. I'm sure we all have areas in our lives like that. May the Holy Spirit convict us and bring us to repentance and freedom in Him.

Upvote 0

rcorlew

Serving His Flock
Aug 21, 2008
Missouri, the show me state!
✟16,657.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I absolutley do not know what to make of this guy at all. He hates Armenians (free-willers) and Calvinists (elect). My question then is "Who has God brought salvation to?"

Something has been bothering me lately about a similar subject that maybe somebody can help me out with. Did Jesus ever instruct anybody to go and develop the most perfect theological stand and view, or did He simply say "Go"? Is the Gospel not simply that by His death we are forgiven?

People who truly believe will intrinsically follow Jesus (not talking head conversions) and was His teaching not fairly straight forward? 20 times in Matthew Jesus tells people to act on their belief and that belief was simply believing Jesus.

Upvote 0

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I absolutley do not know what to make of this guy at all. He hates Armenians (free-willers) and Calvinists (elect). My question then is "Who has God brought salvation to?"

Something has been bothering me lately about a similar subject that maybe somebody can help me out with. Did Jesus ever instruct anybody to go and develop the most perfect theological stand and view, or did He simply say "Go"? Is the Gospel not simply that by His death we are forgiven?

People who truly believe will intrinsically follow Jesus (not talking head conversions) and was His teaching not fairly straight forward? 20 times in Matthew Jesus tells people to act on their belief and that belief was simply believing Jesus.

:amen::amen::amen::amen:

Sealacamp

Upvote 0

jlujan69

Jul 28, 2004
United States
✟5,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you are saved, you know it. If your church preaches the Gospel, you know it. Don't get so caught up with trying to make sure that you agree with every single religious website or church out there. Ain't ever gonna happen. Just live your life for Christ as He leads and wash your hands of those who try to bring you down.

Reactions: Faith.Man
Upvote 0

JoeyWhiteshoes

Still a newbie
Feb 25, 2008
So. California
✟7,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This from the link, "We will not fellowship with anyone who we know opposes at least one of the doctrines contained in this Confession."

Wow! So much for a church being a place for sinners. Churches need to have a statement of faith and share the same doctrinal views, but this seems pretty over the top.

Joey :waaah:

Upvote 0