Visit site
✟15,111.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, apparently my blind eyes were opened a few months ago and I see that the New Testament does indeed say exactly when "The Rapture" will occur. There it was, staring me in the face, and I'm, like, "Wait a second, I've been blind to this for 30 years of bible study? And the Church...for almost two millennia?? What goes on here?

Anyways, so this is what I saw:

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1 Corinthians 15:51-53

When He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets........So the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
Revelation 8:1, 2, 6

The angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up his hand to heaven and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer, but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.
Revelation 10:5-7

For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17

Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!" And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, saying:

"We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty,
The One who is and who was and who is to come,
Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.
The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come,
And the time of the dead, that they should be judged,
And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints,
And those who fear Your name, small and great
And should destroy those who destroy the earth."

Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple...
Revelation 11:15-19

There, see? I've shown you too. The responsibility is off my chest. And from now on, I'm no longer calling it "The Rapture", but what the twenty four elders called it, "The Reward". It's more straightforward, anyways.

With love,
garett

p.s. I'm sorry that I'm doing what use to be called a "drive-by" thing, but I gave up forums years ago. They don't agree with me, nor do blogs or any other social networking. The thing is, I told this to my jewish friend the other night and she suggested I tell somebody about it. I was like, "Naw, nobody'll buy it. If there is one thing I've learned, people won't believe a thing unless they figure it out for themselves." But the next morning her gentle suggestion was still nagging at me, and so I figured it was God's voice.

So here I am, getting this thing off my plate and onto the first Christian forum that came up in Google.

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WELCOME to the forum.

garett:
So, apparently my blind eyes were opened a few months ago and I see that the New Testament does indeed say exactly when "The Rapture" will occur. There it was, staring me in the face, and I'm, like, "Wait a second, I've been blind to this for 30 years of bible study? And the Church...for almost two millennia?? What goes on here?

BigD: Glad your eyes have been opened. However I do believe your eyes are still not seeing thing right.
-----------------------------------
garett:

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

When He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets........So the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

The angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up his hand to heaven and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer, but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.

BigD:
Keep in mind that the book of the Revelation was written in approx AD90, and the book of 1 Cor. was written in appox AD59. Therefore, Paul could not have been writeing about the 7the trumpet of Rev. 10:5-7. Its quite apparent that you are reading Rev. 10 into 1 Cor. 15. Logic tells me that one should not do that. Wouldn't that be like reading the Laws of Moses into the Garden of Eden?
---------------------------------
garett:
For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!" And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, saying:

Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple...

There, see? I've shown you too. The responsibility is off my chest. And from now on, I'm no longer calling it "The Rapture", but what the twenty four elders called it, "The Reward". It's more straightforward, anyways.

BigD:
Yes, 1 Thess. 4:16-17 is speaking of the rapture of the Church, the Body of Christ.

The Church, the Body of Christ, along with the rapture, was keep secret since the world began, and not made known until the raising up of Saul/Paul. One cannot find the Church, the Body of Christ, or the rapture, in either the OT or the 4 Gospels.

The book of the Revelation is the fulfillment of OT prophecies pertaining to the nation of Israel. The Church, the Body of Christ is not found in the book of the Revelation.

Again WELCOME, and I am looking forward to your response.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often, and Love the Lord!

Upvote 0

Lyle

I am last minute stuff
Nov 12, 2003
Home
Visit site
✟11,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's actually interesting to note that three separate times the final judgment is mentioned in Revelation. Whenever it is mentioned it is always final. Revelation 11 sees the reward of the saints and judgment of the nations and the first time the Ark of God is seen since it is last mentioned with Solomon. The end of chapter 14 ends with the angel crushing the life out of the ungodly in the wine press of God. Also when the passage mentions Jesus returning.

Of course the popular opinion is that these are merely illusions to the coming final judgment. That would fit well only if Revelation was a straight line of events.

Upvote 0

Super Kal

the goal is to be more like You, and less like me
Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟25,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
what I find incredibly funny here is that the opinion that Paul and John couldn't of wrote about the same trumpet...

:doh:this is God we're talking about here.... OF COURSE they can write about the same event. It was God who inspired these men to write this book, so in essence, this IS God talking to us

once again, you're thinking way too much into linear form

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's actually interesting to note that three separate times the final judgment is mentioned in Revelation. Whenever it is mentioned it is always final. Revelation 11 sees the reward of the saints and judgment of the nations and the first time the Ark of God is seen since it is last mentioned with Solomon. The end of chapter 14 ends with the angel crushing the life out of the ungodly in the wine press of God. Also when the passage mentions Jesus returning.

Of course the popular opinion is that these are merely illusions to the coming final judgment. That would fit well only if Revelation was a straight line of events.

THe scroll has seven seals. Once the seven seals are opened, all is complete/finished. They are numbered.

Seal 1
Seal 2
Seal 3
Seal 4

[Seals 1-4 are the tribulation which ride together and have been riding since the ascension of Christ according to Rev 5/6 and Ezek 14:21]

Seal 5
Seal 6
Seal 7

[Seals 5-7 are also opened consecutively together when the Day of the Lord/Day of Wrath/Millennium begins. It is the return of the Lord.]

Seal #5 is the giving of white robes, bridal clothes (rev19), glorified bodies/clothes of immortality (1 Cor 15) to the Bride.

Seal #6 is the end of the tribulation and the beginning of the Day of Wrath. The Northern armies invade at this time. (Joel 2) Believing Israel is gathered and sealed at this time. (Rev 7/8)

Seal #7 is when God starts to act on the Day of the Lord/Day of Wrath/Millennium/Return of the Lord. The 7th seal contains the trumpets and the bowls. The anti-christ is allowed to reign by God during the 5th trumpet, the 6th trumpet and the bowls.

Here is the order of the 7th seal:

1. Trumpet #1 - God destroys the Northern armies with hail, fire, blood (Ezek 38/Joel 2)
2. Trumpet #2 - Part of sea to blood
3. Trumpet #3 - waters turn bitter
4. Trumpet #4 - 1/3 of luminaries without light
5. Trumpet #5 - Anti-christ begins to reign (WOE #1)
6. Trumpet #6 - Anti-christ's armies kill 1/3 of mankind - imprisonment, beheadings, demise of Mystery Babylon, two witnesses killed (WOE #2)

(the bowls are WOE #3)
7. Bowl #1 - sores on those who took the mark
8. Bowl #2 - sea to blood
9. Bowl #3 - freshwater to blood
10.Bowl #4 - sun scorches
11.Bowl #5 - darkness
12.Bowl #6 - beast gathers armies to prepare to fight against Christ as He is coming.

13. Trumpet 7/Bowl 7 - earthquake, lightning, thunder, hail, heaven opened, it is done.

THEN Christ comes to destroy the army formed against Him in the 6th bowl of the 7th seal.

Yeah...that's a straight line of events...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
what I find incredibly funny here is that the opinion that Paul and John couldn't of wrote about the same trumpet...

:doh:this is God we're talking about here.... OF COURSE they can write about the same event. It was God who inspired these men to write this book, so in essence, this IS God talking to us

The trumpet where everyone is gathered is mentioned in Joel 2. It is the 2nd of two trumpets and not the 7th trumpet of Revelation. The gathering happens BEFORE the Day of the Lord/Day of Wrath, not after. Furthermore, there is NO GATHERING as Christ is coming on the clouds to destroy with the Bride (who has been given her bridal clothes and is with Him in heaven) following Him.

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Then, by you logic, one can read the Laws of Moses into the Garden of Eden, and the purpose of the Cross into the OT. No one knew the purpose of the Cross until God revealed it to the Apostle Paul.

I believe that God communicated to us His will through progressive revelation.

Upvote 0

Lyle

I am last minute stuff
Nov 12, 2003
Home
Visit site
✟11,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I see your point and I agree and disagree in some places. I do see partial preterism (if i put a term on it) as being the most logical choice. I know the traditional view is that of pretribulationism (today, at least) that puts the tribulation into seven years. The only part of the tribulation that appears to have any form of number on it is the second half of Revelation. When Satan is removed form heaven he brings a beast that has a 42 month expiration date pinned on it. This is to say I believe much of Revelation is going on/has been going on for quite some time. The Day of the Lord is always taught as being something that is absolute and destructive.

You bring out alot of interesting points I am going to look into more carefully.

However, The fifth through seventh seal are interesting and something to be noted. The fifth is the cry of the martyrs. In verse 9 of chapter 6 John uses the same language to describe those who have been killed as he discribed for himself. "because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained."

This is a throwback to a belief that has vanished in recent Christianity. Many early church father believed there was a number of martyrs who would die before all things would be complete; they draw this from verse 11 of the same chapter. Those who are slain, have been slain, are given white robes. If we study the Bible based on the text alone there is no absolute conclusion to this seal, just an extended period of waiting.

The sixth seal strikes the natural world. But it also does not bring the end. Note the conversation as the end of the chapter is from the people saying the "their wrath has come." But it is not an announcement that God's wrath had come, nor that that of the Lamb. The their can be found in the same passage when they acknowledge God who sits on the throne and the Lamb (Christ).

There is a change up and John describes 144000. It will not be until after in the book that they do anything, they are only chosen as of this point. This is merely what the text says. It changes again to those that stand before God, wearing white, and worship Him (the same clothing worn by those in chapter 6:11). This is all mentioned strictly in heaven and, from the texts, we cannot say it has anything to do with the Earth.

The seventh seal comes at the beginning of chapter 8 and it bring out silence in heaven. The angels that bear the trumpets are now mentioned at this time. I do not see this as beginning the kingdom of Christ in the world because there has been no mention yet that He has come to Earth. The last thing we see is Him opening the seventh seal and then the trumpets going forward. This also, the prayers of the saints are rising from the alter still, which was explained earlier, which means they have not been glorified yet either.

* I took out everything about the trumpets because it didn't seem as relevant at this point.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see your point and I agree and disagree in some places. I do see partial preterism (if i put a term on it) as being the most logical choice. I know the traditional view is that of pretribulationism (today, at least) that puts the tribulation into seven years. The only part of the tribulation that appears to have any form of number on it is the second half of Revelation. When Satan is removed form heaven he brings a beast that has a 42 month expiration date pinned on it. This is to say I believe much of Revelation is going on/has been going on for quite some time. The Day of the Lord is always taught as being something that is absolute and destructive.

AH...you are a true seeker! ...a kindred spirit to my own!

You bring out alot of interesting points I am going to look into more carefully.

However, The fifth through seventh seal are interesting and something to be noted. The fifth is the cry of the martyrs.

Notice who these martyrs are and exactly what they are crying out for and the timing!

Who: definitely Christian
What: crying out for final justice
When: in the 5th seal, after seals 1-4, when seals 6 & 7 are still to come.

Notice what the action of that passage is...'the giving of white robes" to those who are crying out for justice.

Luk 18:7And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?

White robes, "fine linen clean and bright" are symbolic of something very special...do you know what it is?

1Cr 15:52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1Cr 15:53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

In verse 9 of chapter 6 John uses the same language to describe those who have been killed as he discribed for himself. "because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained."

Yes...and this is very, very important. Notice other, similar descriptions:

Rev 12:11They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

Rev 7:14I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes (consecrated - reference to Exodus 19:10-20) and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

This is a throwback to a belief that has vanished in recent Christianity. Many early church father believed there was a number of martyrs who would die before all things would be complete; they draw this from verse 11 of the same chapter. Those who are slain, have been slain, are given white robes. If we study the Bible based on the text alone there is no absolute conclusion to this seal, just an extended period of waiting.

Not really because these people who cry out will indeed receive the justice they are seeking. They are given white robes and told that they have to wait a little longer for the justice. Given white robes is the key to seal #5.

The sixth seal strikes the natural world. But it also does not bring the end. Note the conversation as the end of the chapter is from the people saying the "their wrath has come." But it is not an announcement that God's wrath had come, nor that that of the Lamb. The their can be found in the same passage when they acknowledge God who sits on the throne and the Lamb (Christ).

It is the announcement that the Day of Wrath had come. The tribulation ends when the sun/moon darken and the Day of the Lord begins AFTER that. (Matt 24/Joel 2/Rev 6)

There is a change up and John describes 144000. It will not be until after in the book that they do anything, they are only chosen as of this point. This is merely what the text says. It changes again to those that stand before God, wearing white, and worship Him (the same clothing worn by those in chapter 6:11). This is all mentioned strictly in heaven and, from the texts, we cannot say it has anything to do with the Earth.

The 144,000 of Israel are on earth because it says don't hurt the land, sea or trees until they are sealed. Those things are hurt in the 1st and 2nd trumpet of the 7th seal in Rev 8. The 144,000 sealed are also seen unharmed during the reign of the beast in trumpet 5 of the 7th seal in Rev 9.

The great multitude is indeed the same people as the 5th seal who were given white robes. They are also seen in Rev 12 as the child who is snatched to the throne of God who says, "woe to the earth for the devil has gone down to you" and in Rev 19 as the bride.

The seventh seal comes at the beginning of chapter 8 and it bring out silence in heaven.

It is silent because the Creator of the Universe is very angry and is about to "roar from Zion".

The angels that bear the trumpets are now mentioned at this time. I do not see this as beginning the kingdom of Christ in the world because there has been no mention yet that He has come to Earth.

You are correct. The Kingdom has come only to heaven because the church was caught up (seal #5) and the devil has been cast down.

The Kingdom is established on earth after Christ uses the devil to test people and make people pick a side. It says so in the 7th trumpet which is the same as the 7th bowl.

The last thing we see is Him opening the seventh seal and then the trumpets going forward. This also, the prayers of the saints are rising from the alter still, which was explained earlier, which means they have not been glorified yet either.

I don't agree about the saints not being glorified because the 5th seal is when that happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Super Kal

Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟25,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Then, by you logic, one can read the Laws of Moses into the Garden of Eden, and the purpose of the Cross into the OT. No one knew the purpose of the Cross until God revealed it to the Apostle Paul.

I believe that God communicated to us His will through progressive revelation.
again, you're putting God in a box, and you're comparing God's mind to our mind... of course Paul didn't see it, but God can, and God did. If God communicated His will through progressive revelation, then why did He have the prophets talk more about the end of the world than the first coming of Christ?

that's not progressive revelation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However, The fifth through seventh seal are interesting and something to be noted. The fifth is the cry of the martyrs. In verse 9 of chapter 6 John uses the same language to describe those who have been killed as he discribed for himself. "because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained."
The fifth seal is the cry of the martyrs ,and not the bride in heaven as some believe. Some base their belief on this because of the "white robes" being the bride. I guess they think that the Lord would have them sitting in heaven naked, and their righteousness doesn't count until Christ comes for the church:doh:The fine linen is the righteousness of the saints (Rev 19:8), so they are part of the bride. Just the words of the Lord saying.."until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled" tells volumes on who these people are.

Evidently it vanished because of this "modern gospel" that is being preached these days. One thing about it, God never changes but man/woman tries to make Him change to suit their own understanding.

I took out everything about the trumpets because it didn't seem as relevant at this point.
Might consider putting them back in since they are part of the Word and go with the story ^_^ The seventh and LAST trumpet is VERY important.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The fifth seal is the cry of the martyrs ,and not the bride in heaven as some believe. Some base their belief on this because of the "white robes" being the bride. I guess they think that the Lord would have them sitting in heaven naked, and their righteousness doesn't count until Christ comes for the church:doh:The fine linen is the righteousness of the saints (Rev 19:8), so they are part of the bride. Just the words of the Lord saying.."until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled" tells volumes on who these people are.

You are oddly thinking that the symbolic white robe is clothing for the body when it is symbolic of the glorified body.

And, if they are "part of the Bride", then they are certainly the Bride. We are all made perfect together, nana.

Hbr 11:40God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Rom 8:23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

1Cr 15:52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
1Cr 15:53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are oddly thinking that the symbolic white robe is clothing for the body when it is symbolic of the glorified body.
:doh:Show me where it is symbolism. I think that once again you are wrong....about many things, but oh well.... The only thing that is symbolic is the linen that stands for righteousness. Do you believe that we are going to be wearing jeans and t-shirts in heaven..or be nude? I'm going to miss my Niki's, but maybe God will let me wear them with my white robe. We are going to be wearing actual white robes oh misinformed one.

And, if they are "part of the Bride", then they are certainly the Bride. We are all made perfect together, nana.
Like, DUH!! I said that they were part of the bride. They just aren't the bride that Christ comes on the clouds with as He hasn't come back yet at the fifth seal. They are martyrs and their souls are in heaven under the alter. Are we all going to be caught up and dive under the alter...geesh!!
You can post all kinds of scripture that doesn't really have anything to do with white robes. I already know these verses and what they mean!!!!!

Hbr 11:40God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Rom 8:23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

1Cr 15:53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.[/quote]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Show me where it is symbolism. I think that once again you are wrong....about many things, but oh well.... The only thing that is symbolic is the linen that stands for righteousness. Do you believe that we are going to be wearing jeans and t-shirts in heaven..or be nude? I'm going to miss my Niki's, but maybe God will let me wear them with my white robe. We are going to be wearing actual white robes oh misinformed one.

The "fine linen, clean and bright" that is given to the Bride which stands for the righteousness of the saints is the EXACT SAME THING as the "white robes" that are given to the Bride in the 5th seal. The 5th seal is when they are given.

The fact that the white robes stands for the righteousness of the Bride should tell you something about the symbolism.

How is the Bride righteous? What "garments" is the BRIDE given when she is made righteous?

1Cr 15:53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality

Who makes us righteous? When are our bodies made righteous?

Zec 3:4The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." Then he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you."

Like, DUH!! I said that they were part of the bride. They just aren't the bride that Christ comes on the clouds for as He hasn't come back yet at the fifth seal. They are martyrs and their souls are in heaven under the alter. Are we all going to be caught up and dive under the alter...geesh!!
You can post all kinds of scripture that doesn't really have anything to do with white robes. I already know these verses and what they mean!!!!!

Exactly how many Brides of Christ do you think there are, Nana? ^_^

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "fine linen, clean and bright" that is given to the Bride which stands for the righteousness of the saints is the EXACT SAME THING as the "white robes" that are given to the Bride in the 5th seal. The 5th seal is when they are given.
The fact that the white robes stands for the righteousness of the Bride should tell you something about the symbolism.
You don't really pay attention do you :scratch:? I said that the linen was symbolic for righteousness. You didn't answer my question? Are we going to be wearng jeans and t-shirts in heaven or be nude?
Are these symbolisim also? Rev 4:4 ~ And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Dan 7: 9 ~ I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of Days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire...Is God sitting in heaven in "the buff"?

Rev 3:4-5 ~ Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment (clothing); and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. Gee, I guess we are coming back on those horses nude. That should be a shock to the ungodly on the earth!!!!!!!!!!

Your are a hoot!!!

Zec3:3-4The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." Then he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you."
That is not what that verse says...Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
He was filty for goodness sakes!! He didn't get a white robe.

Exactly how many Brides of Christ do you think there are, Nana? ^_^
One, and the martyrs are part of the bride who are in heaven right now in white robes awaiting the rest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

onwingsaseagles

Jan 31, 2008
✟2,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

With love,
garett

p.s. I'm sorry that I'm doing what use to be called a "drive-by" thing, but I gave up forums years ago. They don't agree with me, nor do blogs or any other social networking. The thing is, I told this to my jewish friend the other night and she suggested I tell somebody about it. I was like, "Naw, nobody'll buy it. If there is one thing I've learned, people won't believe a thing unless they figure it out for themselves." But the next morning her gentle suggestion was still nagging at me, and so I figured it was God's voice.

So here I am, getting this thing off my plate and onto the first Christian forum that came up in Google.
Excellent post
#1 congratulations for your revelation.
#2 Your right no one believes anything unless they figure it out themselves, except for the sad few they believe everything they are told jumping from belief to belief.

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Can you give me any examples where prophecy was not progressive.

The trump in 1 Cor. 15:52, and 1 Thess. 4:17 is speaking of the trump/trumpet that will sound at the rapture of the Church, the Body of Christ.

The 7th trump/trumpet in the book of the Revelation is prior to Jesus Christ returning to earth at the end of the Tribulation to establish His earthly kingdom.

They are sounded at two seperate events.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The trump in 1 Cor. 15:52, and 1 Thess. 4:17 is speaking of the trump/trumpet that will sound at the rapture of the Church, the Body of Christ.

The 7th trump/trumpet in the book of the Revelation is prior to Jesus Christ returning to earth at the end of the Tribulation to establish His earthly kingdom.

Joel 2 shows the gathering trumpet as well which is also before/at the time of the sun/moon darkening before the devil even begins to reign...proving that what Paul said is true...the church is not appointed unto wrath (which includes the reign of the devil) but will receive salvation.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don't really pay attention do you :scratch:? I said that the linen was symbolic for righteousness. You didn't answer my question? Are we going to be wearng jeans and t-shirts in heaven or be nude?
Are these symbolisim also? Rev 4:4 ~ And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

why are you fixated on clothing? Were adam and eve clothed in the garden?

Dan 7: 9 ~ I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of Days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire...Is God sitting in heaven in "the buff"?

Rev 3:4-5 ~ Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment (clothing); and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. Gee, I guess we are coming back on those horses nude. That should be a shock to the ungodly on the earth!!!!!!!!!!

Your are a hoot!!!

^_^

I saw a vision of the New Jerusalem about 4 years ago and I and my companion were dressed in white robes.

Those white robes, as Rev 19 tells us, are symbolic of our righteousness. How are we righteous? By belief in the blood of the Lamb.
We are given new bodies, "imperishable clothes", at the sound of the trumpet because we believe in the blood of the Lamb which makes us righteous.

That is not what that verse says...Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
He was filty for goodness sakes!! He didn't get a white robe.

Our mortal bodies are the filthy clothes. Our glorified bodies are what we change into (when our sins are forgiven by the blood of the Lamb) at the moment we hear the trumpet.

One, and the martyrs are part of the bride who are in heaven right now in white robes awaiting the rest.

They haven't been given their white robes yet. White robes, as Rev 19 tells you, symbolized righteousness (by the blood of the Lamb). We are not righteous in body, yet. Our bodies are still sinful/mortal. We will be changed at the time of the trumpet.

Upvote 0

Super Kal

Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟25,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

and who has taught you that the rapture and the Second Coming are two different events, and that Christ has a third coming?

I know dispensationalism teaches that...

fact of the matter is that the Great Tribulation consists of the seals, trumpets, and bowls... the 7the bowl, 7 trumpet, and the 6th seal all happen at the same time, and Christ said AFTER the tribulation of those days will the church be raptured (Matthew 24:29-31)

it's that simple.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.