Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
I just noticed I forgot about the second part of the OP: imagining "eternal" life.

I think the key to a positive eternity (for me) would be transformation: like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly, or a species adapting to its environment over millennia, there'd have to be progress, an evolution.
Caught in a static "self", even a fraction of eternity would almost inevitably drive us mad. (Which, while we're speaking about speculative fiction, is why vampires are not eternally alive, but cursed by undeath. Apart from the whole "persisting on stolen life"-aspect, they are essentially trapped in stasis, an effigy of the human beings they once were.)

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
im sure this topic has been beat to death but I would like to know what you believe the goal you have in the eternities. I would like to hear from all of you but especially the Muslim perspective. If you don't believe in the next life I would like to know that there is one how would you like it to be.

What does the eternity feel like should not be a thing to wonder. In eternity, you still need to do one thing at a time. May not be as hurry, though. Would that be nice?

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Always hated the idea of eternity, I truly believe an eternal existence would be a pointless existence.
Since your eternal existence is in the hands of God, you have little choice other than to decide whether it will be in Heaven or Hell. God has made a way for all be to in Heaven, but only those who repent and believe will be saved.

As to the OP, God has an eternal plan and purpose for those who love Him, and it has not been fully revealed. What the Bible teaches is that the ones who have been redeemed by Christ will also live and reign with Him. In order to do that they will be perfected (body, soul, and spirit) and also be glorified.

Upvote 0

Percivale

Sam
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2012
Southern Indiana
✟145,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the next life I'd like to explore strange new worlds and new civilizations, boldly go where no one has gone before, etc. Also behold the beauty of God and inquire in his temple, and have a home in a glorious place with great people and fit in with them.

Upvote 0