Jul 5, 2005
Northern California
Visit site
✟385.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Trinity: "I know why you are here Neo. I know what you have been doing. I know why you hardly sleep. Why you are alone and why night after night you sleep at your computer. You’re looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me he told me I wasn’t really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It is the question that drives us Neo. It is the question that brought you here. You know the question just as I did."

Neo: "What is the Matrix?"

Trinity: "The answer is out there Neo. It is looking for you and it will find you if you want it to."

Matrix

OUR DEEP NEED

There is a deep need in all of us. A need to belong and to know who we are and where we came from.

When this need is not met we may find ourselves trying to fulfill the longing with other things that are harmful to us—things that bid for our attention and distract us from seeking the answer to our deepest longing. It is quite easy to lose ourselves, our dreams, and our deepest calling to the quest for power, fame, money, affirmation, recognition, or revenge.

Yet for some of us a question continues to lurk in the back of our minds. It is The Question of why we are here and "what is the truth." It is The Question, and it comes in many forms: "Why do I exist?" "What is the meaning of life?" "What is the purpose of my life?"

Some people become accustomed to their everyday life without the answer to that question. Many are content with not answering The Question because they are consumed with the distraction.

Others of us are driven by The Question; restless until we find the truth. Is it not comforting to know that The Question is looking for us and that it will find us if we want it to?

"… Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." -– Luke 11:9 (NIV)

Excerpt from the devotional book Matrix Reflections: Choosing Between Reality and Illusion.