Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mare61 said:
This is one of the things I ponder. I lost my husband recently and have three sons that will walk down the aisle one day. That will be a bittersweet day. Your post was written a little while back, I hope things worked out well. Take care, Mare

Thank you. My daughter gets married in just three weeks. It's not been easy. I miss her dad soooo very much. We've asked her granddad (her dads father) to walk her down the aisle, but he just had to have open heart surgery and we're not sure he'll be able to make it.
I have a feeling God is at work here. My daughter has never been close to her stepfather, but if her granddad can't make it, her stepdad will have to fill in. I think God wants this, and I guess I'll be okay with it.

God bless you sweetie. You'll do fine. I've been reading your posts all morning. You miss him a lot today, don't do?

Upvote 0

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My daughter got married Saturday May 20th.
It was a very difficult day.
Her grandfather walked her down the aisle.
This is her daddy's dad.

Right before the ceremony started I was waiting to be seated as her grandma walked up to me and hugged me.
She told me that he was wearing my Danny's shoes. He said that at least a part of Danny was walking her down that aisle.

It was hard, but I know that he was there. I felt him take my hand and hold it throughout the whole ceremony. I felt his arms around me while I was on the dance floor. I felt all the love he has for me and our daughter. I know he was there.

I haven't been able to stop crying since I told his family good bye yesterday.
I feel like I've not only lost him,
but I've lost my daughter (she leaves for England in 8 days),
and I've lost his family as well.
I love them as if they were my own family.
It hurts.
It hurts so very bad.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.