Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Sometimes the best way is to actually ignore the tantrum because sometimes they are looking for a reaction from you and by telling them off they are getting the reaction they wanted.

You are very blesses if it's only taken you 3 months to instill obedience into your son-I wish my son would get it. He gets told no on any number if occasions, I never give in, but he still trys to push me a hundred times a day.

I've found with my son that he will behave brilliantly at play-school, church, at other peoples houses etc so in my saner moments I know that what I am teaching him does actually penetrate him brain lol

Upvote 0

Brandlynn

Nov 13, 2010
Russellville, AR
✟637.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Old Sparky, Old Smokey, Yellow Mama, or Gruesome Gertie. The best friends of the kids whose parents don't pay visits to the woodsheds. I do believe that what I am about to explain is more alarming than the idea of punishing my kid. I mean, if I, as a parent dont do my part, then Old Sparky, Old Smokey, Yellow Mama, or Gruesome Gertie will do it for me. Let me explain the fun that those who go and get up close and personal to the above listed friends.

Just in case you want to know where you are leading your kids, I will explain, because if someone would have explained this to you, or if you would have done some research on this, you would not be letting your kid by with everything. So here it is. This is like, loads of fun. And I mean TONS of it. This is a day at the park.

The condemned (aka the kid who is not disciplined correctly) is awakened at a certain time(the early bird gets the worm and you gotta have worms to go fishing), depending on the state, his head is shaved, (OOH! A free haircut! Who wouldn't what one?) and so is his right calf(And a wax job, too? Whoah, this is gonna be a fun day). He is then told to don a diaper(What? No bathroom breaks? because when the electrical current starts going through their body, they will deficate and urinate. If they get one of the luxury chairs(Sweet! Yes, they even have the luxury ones!) there is a pan to help catch any urine and fecal matter. He is then marched into the exocution chamber(Who don't like a good game of Follow The Leader? Or is this Simon Says.) and strapped into the wooden chair with a strap around each leg, at the hips, at the arms, and at the chest and head. Electrodes(free elecrolosis? Heck yeah!) are then placed on the shaved right calf with a dampened sponge between the electrode and skin to help conductivity. Another electrode is placed on the head as well in the same manner, with a dampened sponge between the scalp and the electrode. A final call is made to the governor to make sure that there are no last minute changes(Aw, come on, now. Don't stop the fun now!). If there are none, a starting current of 2,000 volts for about 15 seconds(that will get rid of all that unwanted body hair for sure!) is sent through the condemned's body. Usually this is fatally damaging to the internal organs.(Is it hot in here, or is it just me?) If they aint dead yet, another current is passed through until they are considered brain dead.(Oh, well, we all knew the fun had to end some time.) Many who have witnessed an electrocution have reported the room filling with smoke and a sizzling sound with the smell of burning flesh. Some prisoners have even burst into flames. In fact the medical examiner has to wait awhile for the body to cool off enough to do an autopsy(Just chill out, dude. Didn't your mama tell you that if you kept disobeying her that you would get in trouble? Oh, yeah. I forgot. She didn't want to spank you because it would warp your personality. Oh, silly me! How could I have forgotten such an irony?) It is really loads of fun. Just like a day at Disney Land! Yay! Let's Go!

Yeah, yall are right. How foolish am I. Who wouldn't want their kid to wear a diaper, get a wax job, a free haircut, get up early to go fishing, man, and then, and then, and then (hold on, let me contain my excitment) This will just be a fun day. I can't wait! Shucks, why should I let him have all the fun? Maybe I will do something and go meet Old Sparky personally. But wait, my conscience won't let me. My mama and daddy taught me better. Sometimes, it even took a trip to the woodshed. Man, they ruined the rest of my life. I don't get to play Simon Says. I don't get to wear a diaper after I am adult. I have to pay for my haircuts, and dang. I have to shave my own legs. I think that I am going to be a mean old mama and I don't think that Shadrach is going to have the honor of sitting on the electrical throne. Oh, well.

But, hey. Don't let what I have told you stop you. Just go ahead and let your kids run wild and scream in walmart for no reason at all. After all, why should you want to deprive your kids of this lovely experience. What kind of good parent would want to let your little Timmy go through life without meeting the only friends to mankind? Those lucky kids!

Upvote 0

ChildByGrace

Isn't God's grace the best !!!
Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I'm pretty sure that at least some of the people in prison were disciplined by their parents. Just because I child acts out at walmart doesn't mean that life will lead them down the criminal route. For all you know that acting out could be the one and only time that child acts out and yet you are saying that they are being bratty and not being disciplined.

Upvote 0

ChildByGrace

Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Maybe. Just may be. Dang. Your son was 9 lbs, 3 oz? Geesh. Big baby. I just now noticed that. And tall, too. Is he still a little chunk? Your little Esther wasn't really tiny. She was big, too. She was bigger than my Shad.

Lol yeah-had to have him by c-section in the end. He's just really tall now-he's the height of a 4-5 year old.
Esther was big when she was born but isn't now-she's 14 months and weighs 18lb 4oz - the same weight my son was at 6months lol

Upvote 0

Brandlynn

Nov 13, 2010
Russellville, AR
✟637.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow. I had to have mine c section, too. They induced labor on me, and I had a ton of water. They told me that since I had a lot of water that my baby would be tiny. 12.5 hours of excruciating back labor later, and after me losin him one time, out came this perfectly healthy looking 8 pound 4 and a half ounce, 19.75 inch long baby boy. He is just now 25.5 pounds, but is almost three feet tall. He started life short and fat, but ended up tall and skinny. His daddy is tall and skinny. Makes me sick. He can eat three king size Snickers and never gain an ounce. I can pass by a doughnut shop at 60mph and gain 15 pounds. His metabolism is so high.

Upvote 0

ChildByGrace

Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Lol that's like my hubby-he's tall and skinny and so us his dad so I'm guessing our son us going to be too. No idea what he weighs at the moment but I think it's somewhere around 35lbs. He just keeps growing taller and doesn't put any weight on lol

Upvote 0
I

ImperialPhantom

Considering that you can't seem to go one single post without mentioning 'the woodshed' or 'the green hickory switch', you have a VERY unhealthy obsession bordering on a fetish with this. I feel bad for your kid, 'cuz I know you're going to have WAY too much fun with "the switch" if your boy starts acting out. Maybe CPS is in your future. Hopefully. Nobody who actually loves their kid would be THAT obsessed with pounding the living heck out of them with a piece of wood.

Upvote 0

Brandlynn

Nov 13, 2010
Russellville, AR
✟637.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Considering that you can't seem to go one single post without mentioning 'the woodshed' or 'the green hickory switch', you have a VERY unhealthy obsession bordering on a fetish with this. I feel bad for your kid, 'cuz I know you're going to have WAY too much fun with "the switch" if your boy starts acting out. Maybe CPS is in your future. Hopefully. Nobody who actually loves their kid would be THAT obsessed with pounding the living heck out of them with a piece of wood.

And what would you know about being a good parent?:confused: That's what I thought. Nothing. Foolishness dwells in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction drives it far from them.

But, you were probably never whipped enough as a kid yourself. I know many children whose parents have been punished like they should be and have turned out to be surgeons, lawyers, doctors, cops, EMT's, Paramedics, nurses, teachers...they are perfectly fine.:cool: They are more than likely making more money than your life is worth, obviously.

The only time my son gets punished is when he needs it. :doh: But given that my son is a very angelic child, he doesn't need it very much. :holy: When he does get into mischief, depending on the offense, he is punished accordingly. Many times, a time out in our laps hurts his ego more than anything else. But in the future when he needs it, he will get spanked. You got a problem with that?

Others here on this very thread have said that they have spanked their kid. When they need it. It is perfectly acceptable to spank a kid.:doh: One person, I can't remember who, said that their kid has not needed a spanking in a long time.:angel: If they don't need it, it shows that they are good parents:holy: and are willing to spank when needed. Mine don't need it, either. In fact, it has been months since mine has needed it. Other forms work fine for the bit of oneryness that he does get in. 99% of the time, all I have to do is count in a stern voice, 1-2-3, I normally don't even have to get to 5. By the time that I start counting, he knows to do as I say. Don't stand there and look at me, pick up your toys. You can play with the book, but don't rip the pages. You can feed youself, but don't play in your food. Don't throw your cars across the room, but roll them like this.

But I see that kids like yours:mad: will be the type that will someday endanger the life of ones like mine, ChildByGrace and some of the other parents who know how to discipline their kids.:dead: Not that they beat them, no. But they do set rules and boundaries. I am sure that if they saw that their child was not listening to them, that they may, in fact, need to move on to another form of punishment until they reach what works. Just as I do with my Shadrach. But, there are some kids that really do need their parents to put down a firm hand. Find something that works. If they keep edging near the hot stove and time outs have not worked, they sometimes, you have to move on up to spatting the hand, rattling the diaper or whatever works. Otherwise, they will get hurt really badly.

And then, there are those people like yourself:nosepick: who have never had a good whippin in spite of needing one. Some day, you will meet up with someone who is going to adjust your attitude down a couple notches.:satisfied: When that happens, let me know. I want to sell tickets. :smirk::hahaha:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brandlynn

Nov 13, 2010
Russellville, AR
✟637.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lol that's like my hubby-he's tall and skinny and so us his dad so I'm guessing our son us going to be too. No idea what he weighs at the moment but I think it's somewhere around 35lbs. He just keeps growing taller and doesn't put any weight on lol

Shad's pediatrician told us that he would be taller than either one of us. My hubby is only an inch taller than I am. They say that he is on the lower end of the growth chart, but that it is just because of the syndrome that he has. It causes a lack of calcium, cant prove that by my broken nose, and many kids with DiGeorge have problems gaining weight like they should. But as long as he has not stopped completely, that is all that matters to them. He is gaining weight, just at a different pace than others.

I gotta tell you about what he told me today. He stayed with his YaYa last night, my hubby's mom, and she has this one beagle that is named Cash. He was sick, so he was put in the hospital. Well, Cash and Shad are best buddies. That poor dog lets him chase him until the dog has no energy left. Anyway, when he got back home today, I asked him did he have fun, just expecting him to jabber, as he normally does, unless he things it is important. Anyway, he looked at me with saddened eyes and said, as plain as day,"Cash byebye. He si." In other words, Cash went bye bye because he was sick. He almost started to pucker up and cry, so I held him close and being that it was near time for him to take a nap, he fell asleep on my chest, listening to my heart beat. I almost started crying. His blue eyes just melted my heart.

I thought that was sweet, so i had to tell you about it.

One question, though. We are starting to migrate him to his own room. Due to all his health conditions, he has been right there in his crib in our room and I have always slept with one hand on his belly or back. Paranoid, I guess. I am thinking that it is harder for me and Cody than him, but how do you let go and not worry? Did yours sleep in their own rooms from the time that they were born, or did they start out in yours?

Upvote 0

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Both girls slept in bassinettes for just the first couple of months, when they were nursing every couple of hours. Then we simply moved them into their own rooms. We would let them cry for a set amount of time before going to them and rubbing their back or talking to them. My older one transitioned nicely; the younger one...not so much, but it still wasn't too bad.

It was rare when we would let them actually sleep with us (to this day, if one of them has a nightmare, they're allowed), but sometimes, especially my older one, when nursing, I would fall asleep with her in bed with me. One time that happened, but I woke up a little later and put her back in her bassinette. Much later my husband woke up, saw me sleeping in a position that definitely said that the baby wasn't still with me..."WHERE'S D?" I bolted awake, afraid that I had rolled over and pushed her onto the floor! I looked to the floor in a panic...before remembering.

We still laugh about that.

Upvote 0
I

ImperialPhantom

And what would you know about being a good parent?:confused: That's what I thought. Nothing. Foolishness dwells in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction drives it far from them.

But, you were probably never whipped enough as a kid yourself. I know many children whose parents have been punished like they should be and have turned out to be surgeons, lawyers, doctors, cops, EMT's, Paramedics, nurses, teachers...they are perfectly fine.:cool: They are more than likely making more money than your life is worth, obviously.

The only time my son gets punished is when he needs it. :doh: But given that my son is a very angelic child, he doesn't need it very much. :holy: When he does get into mischief, depending on the offense, he is punished accordingly. Many times, a time out in our laps hurts his ego more than anything else. But in the future when he needs it, he will get spanked. You got a problem with that?

Others here on this very thread have said that they have spanked their kid. When they need it. It is perfectly acceptable to spank a kid.:doh: One person, I can't remember who, said that their kid has not needed a spanking in a long time.:angel: If they don't need it, it shows that they are good parents:holy: and are willing to spank when needed. Mine don't need it, either. In fact, it has been months since mine has needed it. Other forms work fine for the bit of oneryness that he does get in. 99% of the time, all I have to do is count in a stern voice, 1-2-3, I normally don't even have to get to 5. By the time that I start counting, he knows to do as I say. Don't stand there and look at me, pick up your toys. You can play with the book, but don't rip the pages. You can feed youself, but don't play in your food. Don't throw your cars across the room, but roll them like this.

But I see that kids like yours:mad: will be the type that will someday endanger the life of ones like mine, ChildByGrace and some of the other parents who know how to discipline their kids.:dead: Not that they beat them, no. But they do set rules and boundaries. I am sure that if they saw that their child was not listening to them, that they may, in fact, need to move on to another form of punishment until they reach what works. Just as I do with my Shadrach. But, there are some kids that really do need their parents to put down a firm hand. Find something that works. If they keep edging near the hot stove and time outs have not worked, they sometimes, you have to move on up to spatting the hand, rattling the diaper or whatever works. Otherwise, they will get hurt really badly.

And then, there are those people like yourself:nosepick: who have never had a good whippin in spite of needing one. Some day, you will meet up with someone who is going to adjust your attitude down a couple notches.:satisfied: When that happens, let me know. I want to sell tickets. :smirk::hahaha:

Neat.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ChildByGrace

Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
We had ds in with us til he was 11 months-because his room was decorated or anything. Dd was with us til just short of a year-because I didn't want to move her. Neither had problems beyond the 1st two nights when they woke up more than normal. I just settled them back down with their pacifier and they were fine.
I had the harder job letting go-even now if dd doesn't wake by 8.30am I worry something is the matter. Ds I used to go in his room if I woke in the night-now though you can usually hear him breathing so I don't bother

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My daughter BTW looks perfectly normal from the outside, yet she has 5 neurological conditions that cause a huge amount of issues and debilitating pain. So, I am assuming you discerned that this child was not disabled by his/her external looks? If so, that is a very ignorant choice. I pray you receive a peaceful education on this matter some day.

Additionally, all I can think is the child you call a brat is at least a child. You are an adult having a full blown temper tantrum on an internet forum complete with name calling and putting up inappropriate icons/pictures. My "disabled" eight year actually behaves better than you are in this thread and she knows better than to behave as you are currently.

I pray you receive some healing for your anger towards other parents, your anger towards others children that you cannot possibly understand, and that you may receive a gentle education in relation to your general ignorance of many of life's situations related to children.

I pray you may find peace.

Upvote 0

Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟30,245.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
My daughter BTW looks perfectly normal from the outside, yet she has 5 neurological conditions that cause a huge amount of issues and debilitating pain. So, I am assuming you discerned that this child was not disabled by his/her external looks? If so, that is a very ignorant choice. I pray you receive a peaceful education on this matter some day.

Additionally, all I can think is the child you call a brat is at least a child. You are an adult having a full blown temper tantrum on an internet forum complete with name calling and putting up inappropriate icons/pictures. My "disabled" eight year actually behaves better than you are in this thread and she knows better than to behave as you are currently.

I pray you receive some healing for your anger towards other parents, your anger towards others children that you cannot possibly understand, and that you may receive a gentle education in relation to your general ignorance of many of life's situations related to children.

:thumbsup::amen:

Upvote 0

Brandlynn

Nov 13, 2010
Russellville, AR
✟637.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When we first brought him home, Shad did cosleep with us. But we had not yet gotten a crib. He has always slept through the night even after coming home from the hospital. The only times that he wakes up is if he is sick, really wet or really dirty. At five weeks he would sleep 8 hours through the night.

I have been blessed with him. He broke himself from the pacifier at two months. He was through with the bottle at 6 months. He lost interest in the sippy cup when he was 10 months. And, as little boys tend to do, he sometimes gets ornery. But what kid don't? But when we can take him out to church or to someone elses house, and he is so well behaved, it does make the mama and daddy feel as if they have done something right.

Upvote 0
I

ImperialPhantom

Well said.

Upvote 0