Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, this is horrible news. I heard about it yesterday or the day before of this part hiding in the bill that went through the Senate and passed and was sent to the president to sign.

What does Monsanto need protection for? It is a HUGE corporate monster that bullies farmers and pays off politicians and other folks so that food isn't labeled with all the poison from the pesticides they're using on their GMO-poison food.

It's becoming more urgent that we some time start buying non-GMO seeds and start planting them in little pots if we don't have access to a backyard garden.

There was a priest who died in the 1950's who prophesied that there will come a day when we will not be able to eat the fruit off of trees. Lord, have mercy.

I signed the petitions, tried several times to call the WH to put in my views on this horrid bill, but I wasn't able to get through - the phone was busy.

We need much prayer in this country and the whole world. :crosseo:

Food Democracy Now | Obama signs Monsanto Protection Act! It's Time to Label GMOs!

AureateDawn

Love & Peace
May 2, 2006
Knoxville, TN
✟12,273.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
God bless you for your awareness of the topic! They tried to introduce GMO corns to Mexico recently and tens of thousands of rural farmers protested and fought against it. With the GMO crops, cross-pollination will happen, which means that Monsanto can put that rural farmer out of business because now the farmer is growing a Monsanto crop.

When you control the food, you control the population. It's truly scary. Especially on such a mass scale as is being seen. Health risks, cancers, tumors, etc. come from GMO food, which means more money is spent on healthcare. Truly, I'm sure there are many cures out there that aren't available because cures don't make as much money. The corporate, money hungry world is a sad place. I think this is also why so few people are aware of the body's natural, God given ability to heal itself - even of supposedly terminal or chronic conditions! Because self care makes less money than healthcare.

The signing of this is horrendous, and a crime against humanity. I'm appalled.

Upvote 0

AureateDawn

Love & Peace
May 2, 2006
Knoxville, TN
✟12,273.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry but I think I might be misunderstanding you. Do you really think we have found the cures for diseases like cancer but refuse to release this to the public? For that matter do you seriously think the body can heal from such diseases without any treatment? :confused:

I don't think it's true per se, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if cures were being withheld. As this act passing into law has shown - money dominates this country. Money is in control. Cures don't generate nearly the amount of profit that healthcare and lots of pharmaceutical medication does, and then the pharmaceutical medication has adverse effects that make you need more!

In regards to the body being able to heal, yes. I believe that your cells listen to your thoughts, so to speak, and that true belief in a healthy body will give you a healthy body, because our bodies were made by God to be well and healthy. There are folks who have been diagnosed with cancer, for example. Through silence, meditation, being in nature, positive thoughts, and juicing, months later they went back to the doctor to affirm what they already knew - cancer free!

I am conducting and documenting an experiment soon on my chronically ill mother who is in constant pain. She has a purse for all her medication, yet she continues to degrade, she needs more medicine over time, and that medicine is further damaging her body! I will be doing a 30 day juice cleans with her, as well as giving her regular massage therapy and energy healing sessions, in addition to guiding her to a positive, healing way of thinking. I am eager to record the results.

While this may not be the case for all, I believe the body has an incredibly powerful ability to heal itself. We just don't tap into it. I am coming to believe, through experience, that something as simple as our thoughts and feelings truly alter our lives and have affects - positive or negative - on the body.

To tie back into the OP, Monsanto's widespread pesticides and the use of GMO foods, and GMO products being in nearly all processed foods (which are bad for you and contain harmful MSG), is further contributing to disease and illness. So I am truly disgusted that this was signed into law - and so sneakily, too!

(Is outrage! :p)

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
unfettered powers and protections for a corporation that creates abominably immoral foodstuffs that are destroying our populace....and gay marriage seems poised to pass as the law of the land...

Great week for Christians...sigh

I feel like St. Augustine and the Romans watching the visigoths enter the city....sigh

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I remember watching a documentary about Monsanto some years ago, I think in 2009 or 2010 (I can't remember if it was "Food, Inc." or not). Not a fan.

Brandy and I live in an apartment right now but we're hoping to rent a house from my grandma here in the near future. When that happens we both would like to plant a garden... does anybody have any good resources to purchase heirloom seeds from?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds - 1400 heirloom garden seeds!

I adore this company! I have never had a problem with any seed germinating and have found the amount of seed you receive for the price, in most cases, to be better than other companies or matches competition. The wife also runs a blog with really easy vegan recipes. The best part the couple that owns this company informs their customers about what congress and Monsanto are up to so people can try and do something. Also the couple does try to acquire heirloom seeds from farms before Monsanto has the chance. Monsanto has in the past bought and stockpiled heirloom seeds thus decreasing the supply in the market.

Thanks GL! I sent the link to my dad, he's starting a "family garden" right now so I'm going to convince him to get his seeds from there.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There was a recent scientific report which has proven that the so-called inactive ingredients in Roundup can have deadly side effects. I wonder if this new research was the impetus for the Monsanto Protection Act?

With people becoming aware of how deadly Roundup is, no doubt attorneys were reading law suits as Pres. Obama signed this law.

I smell a rat not only in the GMO corn, but also in our leaders.

Well, this is horrible news. I heard about it yesterday or the day before of this part hiding in the bill that went through the Senate and passed and was sent to the president to sign.

What does Monsanto need protection for? It is a HUGE corporate monster that bullies farmers and pays off politicians and other folks so that food isn't labeled with all the poison from the pesticides they're using on their GMO-poison food.

It's becoming more urgent that we some time start buying non-GMO seeds and start planting them in little pots if we don't have access to a backyard garden.

There was a priest who died in the 1950's who prophesied that there will come a day when we will not be able to eat the fruit off of trees. Lord, have mercy.

I signed the petitions, tried several times to call the WH to put in my views on this horrid bill, but I wasn't able to get through - the phone was busy.

Food Democracy Now | Obama signs Monsanto Protection Act! It's Time to Label GMOs!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you all for your comments. Your concerns give me hope and I appreciate your support. We all agree this is unethical and that what this monster company and others are doing who are in cahoots with it, are trying to mess with God's creation. It's definitely wrong...I consider it sinful, and just adds to the multitude of sins we all are immersed in in this country, which would not surprise me of the downfall. What better way to control a country (countries) than through its food supply, no doubt (I agree with you, Justin).

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds - 1400 heirloom garden seeds!

I adore this company! I have never had a problem with any seed germinating and have found the amount of seed you receive for the price, in most cases, to be better than other companies or matches competition. The wife also runs a blog with really easy vegan recipes. The best part the couple that owns this company informs their customers about what congress and Monsanto are up to so people can try and do something. Also the couple does try to acquire heirloom seeds from farms before Monsanto has the chance. Monsanto has in the past bought and stockpiled heirloom seeds thus decreasing the supply in the market.
Thanks for sharing! I have an heirloom catalog, but can't remember the name of the company. Will get back to you tomorrow when I go and find it.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Right there with ya..as I signed a petition today as well on the issue to make the issue clear that it is NOT acceptable. Although sadly, seeing how the Monsanto Protection Act' slips silently through US Congress while so many others act as if it's not an important issue because the dominant themes are either GAY Marriage or Abortion.....it's something many did not concern themselves with.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There was a recent scientific report which has proven that the so-called inactive ingredients in Roundup can have deadly side effects. I wonder if this new research was the impetus for the Monsanto Protection Act?

With people becoming aware of how deadly Roundup is, no doubt attorneys were reading law suits as Pres. Obama signed this law.

I smell a rat not only in the GMO corn, but also in our leaders.

I wouldn't be surprised. Here's a radio interview with a Dr. Huber, Professor Emeritus of Plant Pathology at Purdue University.

Here's the little blurb about him on the link with the radio interview:

Dr. Huber is Professor Emeritus of Plant Pathology at Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN. He received B.S. and M.S. degrees from the University of Idaho (1957, 1959), a Ph-D from Michigan State University (1963), and is a graduate of the US Army Command & General Staff College and Industrial College of the Armed Forces. He was a Pathologist at the University of Idaho for 8 years before joining the Department of Botany & Plant Pathology at Purdue University in 1971. He does advisory work for the USDA.

Professor Emeritus Don Huber, Purdue University On Why GMOs Are Unsafe – Audio

Upvote 0