OT: Share songs you like of any genre of any era! (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't know how I haven't joined in this thread earlier :)

I have rather diverse musical tastes, so you'll get a bit of everything from me :D

I really like Florence + the Machine, here's one of my favourites from her latest album - Never Let Me Go. The video's a bit odd, but the song is amazingly beautiful, and there's the rhythm of ocean waves in the chorus that picks you up and carries you along with it.

Florence + The Machine - Never Let Me Go - YouTube

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know how I haven't joined in this thread earlier :)

I have rather diverse musical tastes, so you'll get a bit of everything from me :D

I really like Florence + the Machine, here's one of my favourites from her latest album - Never Let Me Go. The video's a bit odd, but the song is amazingly beautiful, and there's the rhythm of ocean waves in the chorus that picks you up and carries you along with it.

Florence + The Machine - Never Let Me Go - YouTube

I have very diverse tastes as well. A few of us here do. :)

She has a great voice. :) I like the style of music. Very nice. :D

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And I was raised on a heavy diet of 1960s/70s folk (my Dad can play guitar, and actually used to play in a band when he was younger) so if there's a discussion about music with me in it there has to be The Seekers and Simon & Garfunkel! I learned to sing singing Judith Durham's parts from The Seekers along to Dad's guitar, and we have a similar vocal range although I can't claim to be anywhere near as good as her. It DOES make singing their stuff fun though!

The Carnival is Over - I know this one off by heart:
The Seekers - The Carnival Is Over.(1968) - YouTube

Red Rubber Ball - written by Paul Simon! One of the best 'take that' after a breakup songs EVER:
The Seekers - 1967 'Red Rubber Ball'. - YouTube

And this is my and my Dad's favourite song to do - acoustic or electric guitar - A World of our Own
The Seekers - A World of our Own (1968 - Stereo, HQ video) - YouTube

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And I was raised on a heavy diet of 1960s/70s folk (my Dad can play guitar, and actually used to play in a band when he was younger) so if there's a discussion about music with me in it there has to be The Seekers and Simon & Garfunkel! I learned to sing singing Judith Durham's parts from The Seekers along to Dad's guitar, and we have a similar vocal range although I can't claim to be anywhere near as good as her. It DOES make singing their stuff fun though!

The Carnival is Over - I know this one off by heart:
The Seekers - The Carnival Is Over.(1968) - YouTube

Red Rubber Ball - written by Paul Simon! One of the best 'take that' after a breakup songs EVER:
The Seekers - 1967 'Red Rubber Ball'. - YouTube

And this is my and my Dad's favourite song to do - acoustic or electric guitar - A World of our Own
The Seekers - A World of our Own (1968 - Stereo, HQ video) - YouTube

Judith Durham's touring in a few months - I need to badger Dad to get us tickets tonight :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The Seekers have some good songs. I like Simon and Garfunkel. I have some of their music and solo cds as well. :)

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Simon & Garfunkel :)

Scarborough Fair, because it has to be here:
Simon & Garfunkel Scarborough Fair - YouTube

The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy) because, well, it's awesome. And crazy.
59th Street Bridge Song - Simon and Garfunkel - YouTube

And the most amazing performance of the Sound of Silence that I've ever heard - this is Paul Simon performing it at Ground Zero on the 10th anniversary. It's just heartbreakingly beautiful.
Paul Simon - The Sound of Silence 9/11 Ground Zero - YouTube

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Simon & Garfunkel :)

Scarborough Fair, because it has to be here:
Simon & Garfunkel Scarborough Fair - YouTube

The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy) because, well, it's awesome. And crazy.
59th Street Bridge Song - Simon and Garfunkel - YouTube

And the most amazing performance of the Sound of Silence that I've ever heard - this is Paul Simon performing it at Ground Zero on the 10th anniversary. It's just heartbreakingly beautiful.
Paul Simon - The Sound of Silence 9/11 Ground Zero - YouTube

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, believe or not...another song I listened to on my little record player in grade school. I don't know where this 45 record came from and how it was in my house considering my parents couldn't stand KISS or any hard rock group. LOL

Kiss-I Wanna Rock N Roll All Night Lyrics - YouTube

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.