Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Before I get going on the ordination of women, I just want to be clear that I am not against female leaders. In fact, I believe they bring views, experiences, and skills into the world of leadership that complement, and sometimes rival, their male counterparts. However, I am against women and men who try to usurp Jesus’ authority by pushing worldly ideologies, and this article will reflect my position.

Recently, famed author George Weigel wrote an article in which he explained that the synodal conversations on ordination of women were “non-issues” and a waste of time. He defended his position by citing Vatican documents that have already declared that the Church has no authority to ordain women.

I completely agree with Mr. Weigel, and I would simply add that God has been dealing with this problem since the beginning of human history. Genesis 2-3 (RSVCE) gives us a clear account of a similar problem and its consequences for those who oppose God’s will, and it is an excellent parallel for the issue, or “non-issue,” of female ordination.

The Head and His Bride​

In Genesis, God creates Adam and places him in the Garden of Eden. He then creates Eve from Adam’s side. God did this to show three things – that Adam and Eve were one flesh with equal dignity, that Adam was the head of Eve (since she came from Adam rather than Adam from her), and that Adam was ultimately responsible for Eve’s and his own actions.

Continued below.

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Even if you take the old world view that a man must be the leader.

Then only men can be the Pope.

Women could still be priests, bishops, and cardinals.
It has nothing to do with "power," which is what feminist seek.
The priesthood is of service, not power.

Also, at the Mass, the priest becomes Christ en persona and Christ is a male. Theology does not
support female ordination.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It has nothing to do with "power," which is what feminist seek.
The priesthood is of service, not power.

Also, at the Mass, the priest becomes Christ en persona and Christ is a male. Theology does not
support female ordination.
Only a male priest can represent Jesus during Communion.

Could a woman priest be an altar server?

Upvote 0