New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Ordered Steps

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand.” – Psalm 32:23.

Usually when I think of God’s ordering of our steps I think in general and broad terms. I think of God’s plan for my life. I think of the general direction that He would have me to go in the different areas of my life. Is the career I have chosen His choice? Is this the house He wants us to buy? Should I accept the call to another church?

While I was at the Falls Creek youth camp last week God demonstrated to me once again that He is able to literally order my steps. The youth camp is spread out over a fairly large area and each church (or in our situation several smaller churches) stays in a different cabin. The youth group from the church which I had been pastor of previously was also at the camp.

I visited at their cabin twice during the week and was able to talk with all of the young people except for one girl, Elizabeth. While I was at their church Elizabeth and her mother had been in a serious vehicle accident. Elizabeth had experienced a compound fracture of her leg and was in the hospital for quite a while. I wanted to see how she was doing physically and if she had recovered from the emotional trauma of the accident.

Since I had missed Elizabeth twice I had thought I would not see her at camp but God had something else in mind. Each evening I had been serving in the counseling rooms as a pastor/advisor for those who responded to the invitation. With over five thousand attending the services there was a large response to the invitation each night and especially on the last night. The last night during the invitation I went to the chapel where I had been serving. Since there was an unusual response to the invitation to respond to special service (vocational ministry) I was asked along with three other pastors to go to that area. As I approached the special service area I saw Elizabeth in the group of about 40 people waiting to enter. Since there was urgency I was only able to say hello to her. I visited with one young man who felt called to youth ministry and after we had prayed together I went to find the next person I was to talk to. Elizabeth was that next person! Only God could do that!

God is able to literally order our steps and those of others to bring about His will in our lives. There is nothing, which is beyond the reach or capability of God in my life or in yours.

By Ed Wrather
Submitted by Richard