Opened Third-Eye

Crazyhouse

Sep 1, 2012
✟7,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
About eight months ago, I engaged in many forms self-worship (gonna give the whole story tomorrow) and at the same time, meditated frequently to open my 'third-eye chakra'. A month ago, I encountered a dark entity/demon and called upon God by His Grace was saved. Through God's Wisdom, I came to realize how prideful I was, so callous and unable empathize with others, and that pride is the root of all sin, and that every day is a struggle to lose pride, but through God can be greatly minimized and completely shed in Heaven.

Since then, the only form of meditation I have practiced is prayer. I do not wish to open my third-eye anymore as I am fully aware that it has drawbacks and am aware via experience of what it can lead to.

For instance, I was playing chess in a park yesterday. I was full of positive energy and having a great time until this man sat down next to me to observe. Immediately the vibes grew heavy and negative -- I looked into his eyes and he was undoubtedly possessed. I didn't know what to do because on one hand I wanted to continue playing chess, and on the other hand, I did not want to be in the presence of this man. For an hour I continued to play despite him, and when he finally left, I felt drained.

I know I will come across these people in my life, and in some circumstances will not be able to escape their presence. In a way, it is nice because I can recognize evil and avoid it and steer loved ones away from possessed people. However, it would be useful if I could have a defense of sorts to not have my energy drained from such people. Does anyone have experience with this?

To end on a good note, my opened 'third-eye' has its rewards, for when I am deep in prayer, I can feel God's love running through me, and I can feel His presence so strongly when I touch the Cross that I carry around. And it has forced me to not associate with negative people and to not engage in things that will lead to negativity because that is when you are vulnerable to dark entities. I was a chronic pot smoker for four years and quit it cold-turkey and am about to do the same with alcohol. :)

Any advice to my question would be greatly appreciated.

God is Great and God Bless!

Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
You will probably draw from past experiences of sensitivity, even when you knew activities were against God's ways for you. What you felt existed outside of you. It would be there, whether you were or not.

Some people are more sensitive to spiritual activity than others. It's not that they are necessarily more devoted to God, but have sensitivity, like being born with better hearing and sight. People feel benevolent and oppressive spirits, anger vibes, and even tend to dislike more people when they see and feel too much.

You have heard how dogs "smell fear." They discern pheromones through their vomeronasal organ. Humans can smell emotions too.

NEL, The Scent of Fear, ORIGINAL RESEARCH REPORT

The man at your chess table was probably impatient because he wanted to play, or angry that you were playing with his friend, or upset that you weren't taking his suggestions. Maybe you were sensing demonic presence, but recognize that there are other pushy vibes that come into play.

In some denominations, spiritual warfare is assigned to ordained leaders. In Jesus' teaching, it is the task of all believers to set others free. He gave us His authority, like the seal/stamp of a king showing that a messenger came in the name of the king.

Telling demons to scram does not need to be a formal violent exorcism. Just tell them. Fasting and prayer is also powerful in not being overcome.

Upvote 0

Crazyhouse

Sep 1, 2012
✟7,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"You will probably draw from past experiences of sensitivity, even when you knew activities were against God's ways for you. What you felt existed outside of you. It would be there, whether you were or not."

Not sure what you mean by this.

"The man at your chess table was probably impatient because he wanted to play, or angry that you were playing with his friend, or upset that you weren't taking his suggestions. Maybe you were sensing demonic presence, but recognize that there are other pushy vibes that come into play."

I'm certain that these were not everyday pushy vibes. It was he that prompted me to register on this forum because they were very heavy.

"In some denominations, spiritual warfare is assigned to ordained leaders. In Jesus' teaching, it is the task of all believers to set others free. He gave us His authority, like the seal/stamp of a king showing that a messenger came in the name of the king."

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I'm certain that these were not everyday pushy vibes. It was he that prompted me to register on this forum because they were very heavy.
Okay. So look at the verses about the strong man:

Matthew 12:29
Or how can anyone enter the strong man''s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.

Mark 3:27
But no one can enter the strong man''s house and plunder his property unless he first binds the strong man, and then he will plunder his house.

Luke 11
14And He was casting out a demon, and it was mute; when the demon had gone out, the mute man spoke; and the crowds were amazed. But some of them said, "He casts out demons by Beelzebul, the ruler of the demons." Others, to test Him, were demanding of Him a sign from heaven.

But He knew their thoughts and said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and a house divided against itself falls. "If Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul. And if I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? So they will be your judges.

But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.But when someone stronger than he attacks him and overpowers him, he takes away from him all his armor on which he had relied and distributes his plunder.

He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me, scatters. When the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and not finding any, it says, `I will return to my house from which I came.'

And when it comes, it finds it swept and put in order. Then it goes and takes along seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first."
So even if you sense a strong spirit in someone, it might not be wise timing to rebuke it and set the man free. Some Christians will wait until the person requests freedom, or until they have the backup of a few other people to pray and physically guard them.

Explaining earlier statement:
"You will probably draw from past experiences of sensitivity, even when you knew activities were against God's ways for you. What you felt existed outside of you. It would be there, whether you were or not."

I said this because some people might tell you that you need such a complete break from your past occult experience, that you'd have to deny or resist everything that reminds you of it. But since a spirit is a spirit, whatever demon you sensed in your pre-Christian life is still the same demon you sense now. Methods and focus are turned toward God's greatness, but the characters are familiar.

And your sensitivity might be similar to what it used to be... but God will add more insight as to what it is and what to do about it. Same situation/critter, new info and help. God's empowerment.

I hope I explained that slightly better.

Upvote 0

RadMan21

Sep 5, 2012
✟7,678.00
Faith
Christian
God gives all born-again Christians the right to exercise power over demons/spirits in the name of Jesus. You can tell them to away in the name of Jesus and that is a word they tremble under. That is more so for disembodied spirits, e.g., you just hear something in your room. However in this occassion I believe the spirit was taunting you. You have the power to cast out spirits from people also. I encourage you to do some research on demonic deliverance.

Upvote 0

sidewalkchalk

Feb 13, 2012
✟15,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Crazyhouse,

You said:

"To end on a good note, my opened 'third-eye' has its rewards, for when I am deep in prayer, I can feel God's love running through me, and I can feel His presence so strongly when I touch the Cross that I carry around. And it has forced me to not associate with negative people and to not engage in things that will lead to negativity because that is when you are vulnerable to dark entities."

You keep mentioning God but you do not mention Christ. If you're not saved, via Christ and the work He did on the cross, then that feeling you get when you pray that you think/feel is from God is most likely not from God.

You also talk about your "opened third eye" having it's rewards. There is no third eye in the Christian faith. No chakras or anything else like that. Look it up in the Bible it's not there. The third eye is from Hinduism. In Christianity wisdom comes from God not the third eye. (John MacArthur has talked about the gift of discernment that God,meaning the God of the Bible, gives to His people that can help people discern with HIS WISDOM situations and things/people that are demon possessed or something is wrong etc. . It's a good article titled "John MacArthur on the Gift of Discerment" written by Ken Silva. Every point in the article is backed up by scripture so it's a great reference and I'd suggest you read it. It explains people with sensitivities to demons and the like. It's on apprising.org website and the article is dated 2/14/2012).

In the Book of James chapter 3:11 it says that salt and fresh water cannot flow from the same spring. Crazyhouse, you need to decide if you want to submit to chakras and eastern religion or if you want to submit to Christ, and who's father is God, and the father of Christ who is the God of the Bible.

If you're talking about being saved by God and also about your opened chakra third eye then you're mixing two religions and in the Christian faith that is a no-no. Or, maybe you are mixing them? Or you're talking about a god in the Hindu faith?

Is the cross you wear a talisman of sorts to you? Something you get power directly from?

My point in short is that the Christian faith doesn't mix with other religions. So could you be more clear if I'm missing something? Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sidewalkchalk has made an excellent point - Jesus is the answer. It sounds like you are thinking you need to "fight" the spiritual battle using your own strength. An impersonal God force approach will not help you.

RE feeling drained when being with someone you sensed is dangerous - it seems to happen to spiritually attuned people. However this is not the time to become a spiritual warrior.
Right now you are a babe in Christ, you should be seeking to grow in your faith via bible reading, prayer and fellowship with mature Christians FIRST.You need to be able to crawl and walk before you can sprint and battle.

Upvote 0

sidewalkchalk

Feb 13, 2012
✟15,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sidewalkchalk has made an excellent point - Jesus is the answer. It sounds like you are thinking you need to "fight" the spiritual battle using your own strength. An impersonal God force approach will not help you.

RE feeling drained when being with someone you sensed is dangerous - it seems to happen to spiritually attuned people. However this is not the time to become a spiritual warrior.
Right now you are a babe in Christ, you should be seeking to grow in your faith via bible reading, prayer and fellowship with mature Christians FIRST.You need to be able to crawl and walk before you can sprint and battle.

I agree with Joey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crazyhouse

Sep 1, 2012
✟7,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Crazyhouse,

You said:

"To end on a good note, my opened 'third-eye' has its rewards, for when I am deep in prayer, I can feel God's love running through me, and I can feel His presence so strongly when I touch the Cross that I carry around. And it has forced me to not associate with negative people and to not engage in things that will lead to negativity because that is when you are vulnerable to dark entities."

You keep mentioning God but you do not mention Christ. If you're not saved, via Christ and the work He did on the cross, then that feeling you get when you pray that you think/feel is from God is most likely not from God.

You also talk about your "opened third eye" having it's rewards. There is no third eye in the Christian faith. No chakras or anything else like that. Look it up in the Bible it's not there. The third eye is from Hinduism. In Christianity wisdom comes from God not the third eye. (John MacArthur has talked about the gift of discernment that God,meaning the God of the Bible, gives to His people that can help people discern with HIS WISDOM situations and things/people that are demon possessed or something is wrong etc. . It's a good article titled "John MacArthur on the Gift of Discerment" written by Ken Silva. Every point in the article is backed up by scripture so it's a great reference and I'd suggest you read it. It explains people with sensitivities to demons and the like. It's on apprising.org website and the article is dated 2/14/2012).

In the Book of James chapter 3:11 it says that salt and fresh water cannot flow from the same spring. Crazyhouse, you need to decide if you want to submit to chakras and eastern religion or if you want to submit to Christ, and who's father is God, and the father of Christ who is the God of the Bible.

If you're talking about being saved by God and also about your opened chakra third eye then you're mixing two religions and in the Christian faith that is a no-no. Or, maybe you are mixing them? Or you're talking about a god in the Hindu faith?

Is the cross you wear a talisman of sorts to you? Something you get power directly from?

My point in short is that the Christian faith doesn't mix with other religions. So could you be more clear if I'm missing something? Thanks.

I submit to Jesus Christ, my Savior. He is the only Truth, the Way.

I was saved by Jesus Christ, and when I say God, I refer to His Father.

When I was saved, it was first through the Our Father prayer found in the Bible. I understand your caution considering considering background but I have seen God's Grace, Jesus' Glory, and He is my savior, there are no other gods to me.

The cross I wear certainly is not a talisman. I have NO power, that goes right alongside the lies and deception I used to subscribe to.

I'm not mixing religions - or at least I'm not attempting to - the fact is, the area between my eye buzzes when I'm around strong energies. I don't have any desire to explore this, but it happens and its not in my control. Its like extreme empathy -- I can really, really FEEL when someone is sad, or if someone has bad intentions, OR if someone is close to Yahweh.

Upvote 0

Crazyhouse

Sep 1, 2012
✟7,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Indeed, I could not agree more.

Upvote 0

Crazyhouse

Sep 1, 2012
✟7,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So Crazyhouse, Lets test it.

Mark 15: 38 The Temple is Wide Open.

"Go In".

Everyone else seems to have spiritual wisdom and understands demons.

So they can "Go In"... too.

Christian babes, crawl in.

or use your third eye.

I don't know what to say except that I don't 'use' my third-eye, and perhaps that term is throwing everyone for a loop, its another way to describe extreme empathy, and I can't control it. And I do not for a second attempt to engage in spiritual warfare via myself -- it was Christ who saved me at the culmination of my dark path, NOT myself.

Upvote 0