✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
None of us are perfect. :)
I have found one who is perfect in love, and that is sufficient perfection in a man to be worthy of following... the problem we make for ourselves is mostly created perhaps in saying familiar things which are untrue ...plausible but misleading

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

so it is perhaps unwise to give up on oneself so easily, love is a way we can all choose instead of sin, and to love is righteous, none have to sin if they choose not to do so ... :)

Reactions: Ceili
Upvote 0

Ceili

God's plan makes a beautiful arrangement
Apr 4, 2006
Denver
✟19,004.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
3074572643_fa97372157.jpg

Says it all. Jesus. Coming soon.

Upvote 0

strangertoo

sin is diabolical abuse of fellow humans-1John 3:8
Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
... whether fortunate or unfortunate, the sure hope in Jesus is ONLY according to what God has said, and MOST will first die in ignorance of his truth in scripture according to the Bible :-

Matthew 7:13-14 ... for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat
because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

IF one believes in God and his saints then one should clearly take this SERIOUSLY but the billions of religious division by traditions of men do not ... God's message then is that the WILL not ...

But what does that mean then , FEW will be saved at Jesus' return, not the many of mass religion, not the billion or so who merely SAY they are following the word, because clearly it is God says they will not ...

So it is clear that one has to either believe the saints and Christ in what is written or not, but most religious folks simply deny this scripture and think Jesus will take the many when he comes, but the scripture itself proves this is not so, Jesus tells us that the 144,000 saints of this earth are saved first [Rev 7:3-8] , sealed by God to be the priests and kings of the kingdom on earth [not in heaven!] :-

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

but who shall they reign over when the many have been DESTROYED ?

again in scripture [Rev 7:9-10] Jesus himself tells us , the destroyed many are saved LATER [once the kingdom is set up for a thousand years by the first few ] :-

thus there is first the resurrection of the just, the justified FEW to run the kingdom on earth , later the resurrection of the unjust many sinners of thsi earth to LEARN TO LOVE in obedience to God's truth that loving one another is the ONLY happy way for men to live together unlike this earth now ...

Acts 24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

the bible states repeatedly that all sinners are following Satan to death as wages of their sin, Jesus promises resurrection of ALL creation to face themselves and realise mankind was most wrong to live by sin as in this world , it leads to our destruction in death , but Jesus promises we shall all be released from death and hell, contrary to religion that pretends to believe him :-

Revelation 20:13 ... and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

sadly in the translated bible the words for 'an age' are mistranslated as 'eternal' or 'for ever' which means the many are deceived who will not pursue the mistranslation to its roots, but other scripture makes it clear that ALL the creation will accept Jesus Christ eventually, but NOT NOW
, as Matthew points out , FEW find the way now [to make the way for the many later] :-

Revelation 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

READ it and understand that the scripture is ONE message that sadly has been mistranslated in part but makes itself clear nonetheless...

MY POINT is that a billion divided christians will be disappointed at Jesus' return for following divided traditions of men that CANNOT all be true , only ONE truth of God known by the FEW saints, not by the many sinners ... so read the truth in the scripture, not from the mouths of sinners who claim authority to deny the above words quoted from scripture to folow traditions, diverse traditions :-

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Upvote 0

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
... according to scripture, Jesus was born at a time of year when shepherds watched their flocks by night IN THE FIELDS :-

Luke 2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

- just as in those times flocks are kept INDOORS in Winter in the Holy Land ... in other words the fact that the shepherds and flocks were in the fields at night PROVES it was LAMBING time in the Spring when Jesus was born , not mid-winter ...

the LAMB of God was born at the start of the holy year still kept by Israel as set out in scripture for all who realise there is but ONE God of all men, not many gods of the many sects and denomination decreed by men, not God ... because there are countless differences in traditions of men we know they must almost all, perhaps all , be wrong, the bible PROVES they are indeed all wrong , none keep the right days ...

the irony about Xmas though is that Jesus never had an annual birthday anyway, that is a pagan astrological [Babylonian] tradition not kept by Israel ... just see how far human religious tradition has strayed from the truth of scripture ...

Let Jesus have the last say on this, what did he say folks who followed him truly should keep in memory of him ?

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

NOT a weekly ritual, but the annual celebration of Passover :-

Matthew 26:18 And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.

so the LAMB of God [was born and] died in the Spring, at Passover , not at Xmas , nor at Easter... and so very few indeed do what Jesus said was the only way to remember him ...

Upvote 0

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
As regards the re-structuring of the site, it always amazes me that folks here think only in terms of 'debate' or 'apartheid' between and within groups of DIVIDED 'Christianity'

what about loving CONSTRUCTIVE CO-OPERATIVE working toward the ONE Truth of God which would surely be the ONLY way for Christians following Christ on a Christian discussion site ? ... yet there is no space allocated to that here ...

Christ is NOT DIVIDED , but 'Christianity' of sinners is , why is this not something which simply MUST FIRST be resolved ? - PRIORITY number ONE for everyone who even cares about what Jesus said ?

Why does the site not have a place where there is OPEN discussion possible on the site structure/re-structuring ... how can a discussion site become afraid of allowing open discussion ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Let's get some posting done in this thread! We have a whole bunch of new people here, so come and tell us who you are!

I used to be a regular here (in Unorthodox Theology), but my attendance dropped off quite a bit when I became a staff member here. For any of the old-timers, I wanted to tell you that my youngest daughter, who is now 15, was just in the high school play. They did The Christmas Carol, and she was Tiny Tim! I was the costumier for the play, and had to make the costumes of the three ghosts. It was a busy few weeks, but the play went great and my daughter and I both had fun!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

skylark1

In awesome wonder
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
✟14,176.00
Faith
Christian
That's great that your daughter was in the play, Dawn. Did she have many lines? The only line that I can remember Tiny Tim saying is, "And God bless us, everyone." Short, but maybe the most important line of the play. Did he wish Scrooge a merry Christmas as well?

What were the ghost costumes like? (I am assuming that they were not a sheet draped over a body!)

Upvote 0

skylark1

In awesome wonder
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
✟14,176.00
Faith
Christian
Let's see if this works. The ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future.
photo.php

It didn't work. I can see in your text that shows up when replying that you linked to facebook, and it looks like you did it correctly. However, I only see text there when viewing the post. If I copy and paste in the link, I get this message:
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.​

Upvote 0

skylark1

In awesome wonder
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
✟14,176.00
Faith
Christian
OK, I uploaded them as thumbnails (in the post above), but unfortunately, my computer photo program won't let me turn them, so you'll have to tilt your head when viewing them. LOL.

I can see them now. Those are really good! It looks like it was a lot of work making them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK, I uploaded them as thumbnails (in the post above), but unfortunately, my computer photo program won't let me turn them, so you'll have to tilt your head when viewing them. LOL.

I flipped them for you.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I can see them now. Those are really good! It looks like it was a lot of work making them.

The past and present were fairly basic costume patterns, not too much work to put them together, just had to do basic alterations on the length and circumference of them. The future's costume I had to alter a pre-made halloween costume, and it was a lot more work trying to figure out how to do it since there was no pattern to work from. It ended up pretty creepy, though. LOL.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks! I don't know what the problem is, I used to be able to rotate them. :confused:

I saved them to my flash drive, clicked on each one, and whatever viewer my system has allows me to rotate, adjust contrast, brightness and some other things.

Upvote 0