[open] Pregnant women - a place to chat! (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birbitt

Mar 10, 2008
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,763.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
ok, I have officially reached the point where I really don't want to be pregnant anymore. Went to my check up today, and told the dr how much trouble I've been having when I try to sit up and can't breathe well and I can't seem to find a comfortable way to lay so I've been in the recliner almost exclusively for the past two weeks. She says well that's normal (which I know but still it doesn't help) then she measures my stomach for the baby's growth and says...WOW! You are measuring 46 Weeks, but that's not possible so we'll keep an eye on you and I'll measure again next week, in the meantime she wants me to go to the womens center and have another ultrasound to be sure the baby isn't too big to be able to fit and to make absoloute certain that he's head down because she couldn't quite tell.

I'm done, I'm ready, please let this child be born soon!!!!

Upvote 0

Hadassah

May 22, 2006
Germany
✟15,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Aww birbitt! That is actually something we are concerned about this go about with #2. We are concerned if the baby is larger than Jonathan by much.... I will have to go the c-section route. Right now I am not super hyped about that decision but at this point I am thinking, you know.. I"d rather the baby NOT be caught in the birth canal as long as poor Jonathan was. He came out something purple and I did not hear him cry for a full minute. I was worried he was not alive by the time we got to him... and then I heard him cry... . great relief.

I am starting to bounce back, we had a long LONG trial with butterbean, and I was made sick by some cross contamination issues when my grandmother was visiting and I got very ill and had to go to my old primary care doctor for help. I ended up having a steroid shot, and now am MUCH better. I have been able to leave the house 2x so far without getting sick like I had been, and I have been able to be a bit more active around the house. I"m starting to feel more confident... rather than motion sick and worried or wanting to hug the porcelain or stay in bed all day long.

Jonathan had his first birthday today, and I cannot imagine that in 6 months, I'll be doing this all over again... in the L&D and then recovery for a week or two... it seems so unreal.

I finally began to feel the baby more regularly this past week, and I feel more comfortable knowing s/he is ok. I had been so worried, because I have always been super aware of Jonathan from the VERY beginning, and this one I have known nothing other than worry and morning sickness really.

Upvote 0

Birbitt

Mar 10, 2008
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,763.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well an update, I had an ultrasound today and yes baby is head down and yes I do have more amniotic fluid than most women actually her exact words were enough fluid in there for 3 pregnant women. I also have a very big baby in there she estimated his weight at 8lbs 14oz with a 2 oz window on either side...so between 8lbs 12oz and 9lbs....and hes gaining at a rate of about a pound a week right now.....I hope my dr has some great solution come Wednesday am when I see her.

Upvote 0

Birbitt

Mar 10, 2008
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,763.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ok now I really feel like I *have* to go into labor before my due date. My doctor is not my most favorite person right now! She told me at my last appointment that if the baby doesn't come on his own by my next appointment (which is Wednesday) that we'll have to schedule a c section because she wouldn't feel like it was safe for me to attempt vaginal delivery based on his size. OBVIOUSLY this woman does not read charts and look at patients history...I HAVE BIG BABIES! I didn't have any troubles with my 9lb+ baby and I'm pretty dog gone sure I won't have trouble with this baby. After being simply miserable for nearly 2 days after this appointment I finally spoke with my ins company. The filed a grievance on her and are going to look into things to be sure she has the patients best interests at heart and not her own, and they also advised me to continue with my appointments but not to let her force a c section if me or the baby aren't in distress. They also told me I didn't have to have her deliver my baby if I wasn't comfortable with her (I didn't know I had a choice) they said that I could just go to the hospital and ask to be seen by whatever dr was on call at that time. I feel a little better but not much because I'm still concerned that she's going to try and force the c section and make me feel like I"m putting my child's health/life in jeopardy if I don't...but I just don't feel like I need it he's a big baby so what??? I"m not a small framed woman and I'm pretty sure I'll stretch to let him out, I think I should at least be given a chance to try...sorry for venting but I'm going nuts over here.

Upvote 0

GuitarMia05

Your Friendly Tattooed Pastor/Worship Leader
Apr 17, 2004
Missouri
✟17,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm due January 7, 2010, and right now im experiencing the true beginnings of pregnancy... Nausha! YAY!! I will admit though I'm completly excited about having a baby. This is my husband and I's first and we both want a girl, but whatever the Lord gives us is good, im just ready for the Nashua to be over! LOL

Upvote 0

BananaCake

Veteran
Dec 6, 2006
✟16,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Birbitt, hopefully your OB will leave you alone. I just watched a video on Youtube (well, a slideshow), all of women who were told they had CPD and made to have a c/s for their 1st pg. They all went on to have VBAC's and all had huge babies (almost all were 10 lbs and over!). You should be given a chance to go into labor. If the baby doesn't come out, then your OB can talk c/s.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hadassah

May 22, 2006
Germany
✟15,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Congrats!
Birbitt, if you ever question your doc, you definitely can go and ask any of the OB staff at the hospital. I was told over and over I would need JD to be c-sectioned, but we have a history of big (9-11 pound babies) and there was no concern when I was at the hospital until I had been in active labor for over 5 years. With help we got him out, but I think that the induction (breaking my water and the herbal versions of picotocin) were really to blame for that.

I have had such trouble posting lately so I am unsure if the post where I said that earlier went through or not. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Birbitt

Mar 10, 2008
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,763.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Congrats!
Birbitt, if you ever question your doc, you definitely can go and ask any of the OB staff at the hospital. I was told over and over I would need JD to be c-sectioned, but we have a history of big (9-11 pound babies) and there was no concern when I was at the hospital until I had been in active labor for over 5 years. With help we got him out, but I think that the induction (breaking my water and the herbal versions of picotocin) were really to blame for that.

I have had such trouble posting lately so I am unsure if the post where I said that earlier went through or not. :sigh:
Yes I have been told that and I'm grateful for that as well. I go back to the dr tomorrow morning and honestly if she even sugggests a c section again I'm just going to tell her that it's not an option and that if she isn't willing to allow me to at least attempt a normal delivery then I will not be needing her services any longer. I will not be bullied into this unless there is a valid medical reason. My baby's heartbeat is just fine, his movements are fantastic, he's in proper position, he's just a big baby and that's ok with me. She is just pushing for it I think because it's more convenient for her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GuitarMia05

Your Friendly Tattooed Pastor/Worship Leader
Apr 17, 2004
Missouri
✟17,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the congrats everyone. I really dont have any symptoms, just tired occasionaly and when I dont eat I get nauseated, thats it!

You are so lucky. hehe. I'm 15 weeks and have known nothing but nausha. :o May God to continue to bless you and your new life :amen:

Upvote 0

KatieBunnyGirl

Bunny Lover
Jul 30, 2008
Ararat Virginia
Visit site
✟15,269.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Congrats new mommies-to-be!

I'm 29 weeks and my m/s is returning......I thought I was done with it! Yikes!

So, how is everyone feeling currently? I'm feeling like a beached whale, I am clumsy and drop & trip over everything. My back hurts from sleeping.....and hurts worse if I try standing more than 5 minutes. But, other than the normal expected stuff, I feel pretty good. My little guy is really active and so cute already.

Upvote 0

Hadassah

May 22, 2006
Germany
✟15,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I made it back to Germany yesterday with JD... had my OB appointment today and found out that we are team blue again. :) Very surprised, but it was very obvious when the baby showed his true colors... um... 4 times. LOL

I am not as nauseated as I was in the US, and am able to eat whole meals already... makes me wonder a lot about the quality of food where my parents are. :sigh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.