[Open Dr Who fan members] calling Dr Who fans (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if Roy remembers being a roman, is he still a Auton?
"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."
"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.
"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

The Project Gutenberg eBook of The Velveteen Rabbit, by Margery Williams

Upvote 0
C

.chrys.

If Rory is an Auton, could he father children?
Also, who is oldest now--Rory, the Doctor, or Captain Jack?

How was it, by the way, for you Brits to see an episode filmed in the United States? I understand that the big yellow school bus was supposed to be an American Icon, as were the the blue jeans, the cowboy hat, the bendy straw and the diner--is this really what you think of when you think of America? Just curious.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟396,217.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Rory is an Auton, could he father children?
Also, who is oldest now--Rory, the Doctor, or Captain Jack?

How was it, by the way, for you Brits to see an episode filmed in the United States? I understand that the big yellow school bus was supposed to be an American Icon, as were the the blue jeans, the cowboy hat, the bendy straw and the diner--is this really what you think of when you think of America? Just curious.

I'd guess Captain Jack is the oldest, given how much he's aged :D

Upvote 0

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well he did in Gridlock. The guy who played Nixon was the same actor who played the magician who Jonathan Creek worked for in the series. The FBI agent was played by the actor who ended up the president of the 12 colonies in the new Battle star galactica and was the bad guy in Hustle.

As for what we brits consider to be Iconic american...yes I guess the yellow bus would be included (though I have had some strange looks when I told an american friend...who had to ride one to school) THe cowboy hat ...absolutely and the bendy straw...we have those here. But the whole roswell desert thing is ICONIC i guess...reminds me a bit of Dreamland.

What do you consider to be iconic for us brits?...afternoon Tea, the royal family, buckingham palace, red buses, black taxis?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

.chrys.

What do you consider to be iconic for us brits?...afternoon Tea, the royal family, buckingham palace, red buses, black taxis?

London Eye, Big Ben, red buses, Doctor Who!
Driving on the left side of the street, Beefeaters, phone booths.
Afternoon Tea? Well, really, just tea in general.
Mind the Gap.
Pudding, tarts, meat pies.

Not sure what else...those were just the first to come to my mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Watch this clip, in the first few seconds listen to what Martha says. Jack knew!

I saw that, too, when I got that series and watched it again, but it was such a quick reference without explanation that it would seem far-fetched to think that Jack would have picked up on it and used it in the manner he did. He wouldn't have known what he was accepting credit for, whether good or bad. Even though I know that reference was there, it seems unlikely, to me, that Jack merely attributed to himself. It would have been too easy for the Doctor to have gone and checked out the story.

Speaking of Jack, I was wondering, just a couple of days ago, if he was going to make a reappearance in the show soon.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.