[OPEN]ChaosChristian's Krazy Kafeteria (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm with ya.

I'm home working on a Friday night, as usual, so this will be a major thrill for me. :p

Are you one of those pastors that waits until Friday or Saturday to write your message?

When I was staff at our church in VA we got our pastor into a place such that we knew the majors themes for his messages a year out in advance, knew specific scripture passages three months out, and had rough drafts of all messages one month out.

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you one of those pastors that waits until Friday or Saturday to write your message?

When I was staff at our church in VA we got our pastor into a place such that we knew the majors themes for his messages a year out in advance, knew specific scripture passages three months out, and had rough drafts of all messages one month out.
Nice. I'm not quite that organized.

I'm usually working on my sermon earlier in the week, but forming it together comes later in the week. I get some long-range planning done, but not nearly as much as I would like.

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nice. I'm not quite that organized.

I'm usually working on my sermon earlier in the week, but forming it together comes later in the week. I get some long-range planning done, but not nearly as much as I would like.

Well, it takes a village to raise a pastor ;)

Do you have a staff of 34 doing all those churchy type things and a ministry of lay care pastors to do all the counseling and consoling so you can focus on the teaching?

If not, then I can understand why you don't have a system like this.

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If we hurry up and split the thread, will that in some mystical way hasten the return of Willtor? Stoopid thesis. He needs to come out and play with the rest of the kids.

:)

Close, but not quite.

To invoke a manifestation of the Mighty Willtor you need to split his thread, not this one.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Q: What did Papa Melon say to his daughter when he caught her running away with a Squash?

A: Cantelope.

Well, you know inter-genera marriage is still looked down upon in the South.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, it takes a village to raise a pastor ;)

Do you have a staff of 34 doing all those churchy type things and a ministry of lay care pastors to do all the counseling and consoling so you can focus on the teaching?

If not, then I can understand why you don't have a system like this.
Nope. I visit the sick, I answer the phones, I take out the garbage, I preach the sermons. And in my spare time I go to committee meetings.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I had rotini in four-cheese sauce, with some broccoli thrown in to make it look like health food.

That sounds really good. I'm working overtime on Saturday and that shift rotation orders dinner on that night so now I'm hoping we'll decide on Italian.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nope. I visit the sick, I answer the phones, I take out the garbage, I preach the sermons. And in my spare time I go to committee meetings.

So your job descriptionis basically that of a mom? :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.