[OPEN]ChaosChristian's Krazy Kafeteria (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm going to make my first post to this thread similar to my 10,000th post - I don't laugh at you TEs - I laugh with you. Especially when you make the hilarious observational humor that I love so much. I see you all as fellow travellers in a social and political battle that isn't so much for the heart and soul of America... but for it's brain.

Upvote 0

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
USincognito said:
I'm going to make my first post to this thread similar to my 10,000th post - I don't laugh at you TEs - I laugh with you. Especially when you make the hilarious observational humor that I love so much. I see you all as fellow travellers in a social and political battle that isn't so much for the heart and soul of America... but for it's brain.

Here here!

New Kafeteria! Yay! :clap:

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
W00T!1!!11!! We have a number!

Come one come all!

Despite the rather obvious TE predominance in the Kafeteria, it really is OPEN to everyone and everyone is welcome.

We come here to have fun and to exist outside of debate.

Now, I'll put on coffee just as soon as I find out where its kept. Things tend to get moved around when these threads split . . .

And Willtor, please remember to WEAR pants the next time you pour hot grits down your pants. It just doesn't seem to have the same effect when you wear your kilt.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure there is no shortage of people who laugh at Christian TEs, but I cannot very well think otherwise unless I am persuaded. Much as I don't want to be laughed at, I think what I think.

But it certainly is nice to have someone who laughs with me. And I agree that the brain of America is in a bad way. Like the song about America says, "God mend thine ev'ry flaw." So, thank you muchly for your words. :)

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
chaoschristian said:
And Willtor, please remember to WEAR pants the next time you pour hot grits down your pants. It just doesn't seem to have the same effect when you wear your kilt.

Yeah, it did seem to go straight through without burning anything vital, didn't it? Ah, well. I was hoping to have kids at some point, anyway.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ChaosChristian asked what Green Eggs and Ham would be like if it were written by Hans Kung. The following was my response:

---

I will not eat the bread or drink the wine, as I do not accept the party line. I do not believe it's the blood or the man, I do not believe it, Sam I Am.

Although it is accepted by the majority, you don't have to accept Papal authority. Transubstantiation on the other hand, is the mark of our brand.

You may say it is of the ways Apostolic, but I am not Roman Catholic.

Would you eat it in a lurch? Would you eat it in a Church?

I would not eat it in a lurch. I would not eat it in a Church. The bread does not become the man, I do not accept it Sam I Am.

Would you eat it as part of the new creation? Would you eat it with the congregation?

I would not eat it as part of the new creation. I would not eat it with the congregation. I would not eat it in a lurch. I would not eat it in a Church. The bread does not become the man, I do not accept it Sam I Am.

Would you eat it for the sake of variety? Would you eat it for the sake of piety?

I would not, could not eat it for the sake of variety. I would not, could not eat it for the sake of piety. I would not eat it as part of the new creation. I would not eat it with the congregation. I would not eat it in a lurch. I would not eat it in a Church. The bread does not become the man, I do not accept it Sam I Am.

You must take a bite as the priest leads. You must take heed of my pleas. Our Church is not the harlot on the beast, you must give us a try at least.

Fine. Fine. I'll give in with a sigh. If you really insist, I'll give it a try... Wow! I think it really did become the blood and the flesh. The doctrine all begins to mesh. I think it really did become the man. I finally believe it, Sam I Am.

Reactions: Assyrian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pats said:
I think it's helpful to get to know another side of people beside debating them.

Yeah, what do you know, we're real people behind all the rhetoric and argumentation and CF characteriness!

I am quite thankfull for the fellowship threads and for all the good people who have helped make the first Kafeteria a fun place, and I think, a success.

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Willtor said:
ChaosChristian asked what Green Eggs and Ham would be like if it were written by Hans Kung.
That reminds me, we're having a chinese tonight.

Kung_P1.jpg

Kung Po anyone?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Willtor said:
ChaosChristian asked what Green Eggs and Ham would be like if it were written by Hans Kung. The following was my response:

---

I will not eat the bread or drink the wine, as I do not accept the party line. I do not believe it's the blood or the man, I do not believe it, Sam I Am.

Although it is accepted by the majority, you don't have to accept Papal authority. Transubstantiation on the other hand, is the mark of our brand.

You may say it is of the ways Apostolic, but I am not Roman Catholic.

Would you eat it in a lurch? Would you eat it in a Church?

I would not eat it in a lurch. I would not eat it in a Church. The bread does not become the man, I do not accept it Sam I Am.

Would you eat it as part of the new creation? Would you eat it with the congregation?

I would not eat it as part of the new creation. I would not eat it with the congregation. I would not eat it in a lurch. I would not eat it in a Church. The bread does not become the man, I do not accept it Sam I Am.

Would you eat it for the sake of variety? Would you eat it for the sake of piety?

I would not, could not eat it for the sake of variety. I would not, could not eat it for the sake of piety. I would not eat it as part of the new creation. I would not eat it with the congregation. I would not eat it in a lurch. I would not eat it in a Church. The bread does not become the man, I do not accept it Sam I Am.

You must take a bite as the priest leads. You must take heed of my pleas. Our Church is not the harlot on the beast, you must give us a try at least.

Fine. Fine. I'll give in with a sigh. If you really insist, I'll give it a try... Wow! I think it really did become the blood and the flesh. The doctrine all begins to mesh. I think it really did become the man. I finally believe it, Sam I Am.

You are the man, Willtor! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.