Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I understand your disappointment, but I think that this might be an opportunity for you to be the change you want to see. When you are recovered, you could start up a ministry in your church that could care for those who are ill or disabled. You could organize a meal train for those struggling. You could be on the look out for people whom you haven't seen for a few weeks and give them a call.

If you are interested in taking it on, you could speak with your pastor and explain how isolated and lonely you were during your illness and your disappointment in the church's response. I would look at it as a call to action.

Praying for your quick recovery.
Hi Turkle - this blessed me as it was what came back to me that night when I tearfully took it to the Lord. Your post was almost like confirmation of what was placed on my heart. I'd thought about asking to set up cooking ready fresh meals and storing them in the church freezer. That way if any person ends up in the same situation as myself, an accountability team could visit them bringing the meals so that they can heat it up and eat.

Something that the UK Muslim community and the Sikh community does already.

Thank you so much for this as it means a lot :hug:

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Most Church leadership focus on married folks. Build relationships with other servants of God. You can find them already serving in Charities, Soup kitchens, Animal shelters etc, we are also family here. Pray for you and your family
Totally hear you J2K - those who are 'picked out' or celebrated each Sunday are the young families with elementary school age kids, married couples etc. Sometimes it feels like the same deal different building.

CF has always and will always be my online spiritual fellowship home. My dd is nearly 20 and she was a baby when I first signed up. Truly is a fabulous place :)

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm sorry that you are going through this Lotuspetal and pray that you and your family will be better soon. Thank God for your Muslim friends and your Mum and I hope that your relationship with them will help them to come to know the Lord.

As for your Church maybe you need to ring them to explain your needs and also, if you've not done so, ask them to pray for salvation for your mother and Muslim friends. Maybe the Church doesn't realise how hard it is to cope when you're not part of a couple any more and I agree that emphasis does seem to be on young families in many churches. I think small support groups, maybe triplets for example, could be the answer particularly if there are other people in similar situations. Just a thought!

Btw my closest friends, at the moment, are my neighbours many of whom live alone as I do. I'm not aware that any of them are Christians. I pray for, and sometimes with, them and enjoy their friendships. My point being is that I believe God wants us to be in the world (but not of it, of course) and it warms my heart when I hear about your Muslim friends. I just wish your Church could be more supportive too; we need Christians as well. Maybe they're struggling with the stresses the pandemic has brought on society.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry that you are going through this Lotuspetal and pray that you and your family will be better soon. Thank God for your Muslim friends and your Mum and I hope that your relationship with them will help them to come to know the Lord.

As for your Church maybe you need to ring them to explain your needs and also, if you've not done so, ask them to pray for salvation for your mother and Muslim friends. Maybe the Church doesn't realise how hard it is to cope when you're not part of a couple any more and I agree that emphasis does seem to be on young families in many churches. I think small support groups, maybe triplets for example, could be the answer particularly if there are other people in similar situations. Just a thought!

Btw my closest friends, at the moment, are my neighbours many of whom live alone as I do. I'm not aware that any of them are Christians. I pray for, and sometimes with, them and enjoy their friendships. My point being is that I believe God wants us to be in the world (but not of it, of course) and it warms my heart when I hear about your Muslim friends. I just wish your Church could be more supportive too; we need Christians as well. Maybe they're struggling with the stresses the pandemic has brought on society.
Thanks Reborn and thank you for your prayers.

I'm on day 10 of covid now and it looks like things are finally turning even though I have to 'take 5' after doing small things like my son's school clothes ironing. I'm still not well enough to sit down with someone at church alas but I will. I found out a couple of days ago that another lady on the group chat has come down with covid - she made a point of mentioning it on the women's group chat and myself and I think one other person acknowledged her message. I messaged her this morning to touch base with how she was feeling, no reply but another person messaged her and she responded.

I spoke to a church sister and one of my best friends who lives near Scotland - she also gave me wise counsel to meet with one of the leaders and see what we can put into place so that sick single members are 'seen' and encouraged. Her church is set up a lot different to mine but could be used as a good example of where we need to get to.

I'll be honest with you, this together with when my Mother nearly died earlier this year and not getting even a call, makes it difficult for me to confidently share the good news now with my non Christian friends. My biggest concern particularly with friends in the Muslim community is that as soon as they convert they are as good as dead in their community. I don't think that we have the infrastructure to support such individuals but we urgently need to :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0