http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Stop doing that! Stop sayin' I'm Catholic :mad: cause I'm not. Grrr. I don't believe in baptising infants (that should be a decision made by the indvidual), I don't believe the bread and wine become flesh and blood, I don't believe in the authority of the Pope, or that he's...well whatever infallable or something, I don't believe that Mary stayed a virgin, I don't believe in genuflecting, or the rosary, or anything else you guys believe in. Sorry to be so...blunt but I think you should believe in those things to be Catholic. I AM NOT Catholic. Thank you. And yes, I do have a choice.

It's fine that you're not Catholic, but there's nothing actually wrong with being Catholic, and no reason to get angry if somebody implies that you are.

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What's it to you?
It's drama-rama. It's annoying. It's a waste of bandwidth.

Nothing says "LOOK AT ME!" more than a good-bye thread. Nothing says "I'm not really leaving!" more than a good-bye thread.

And yes, I'm a big meanie. I eat little puppies for breakfast, I steal lunch money from the kids huffing it to school weighed down by their backpacks, I trip old women trying to cross the street, and I steal the tennis balls off of walkers so they scuff people's floors.

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I AM NOT Catholic. Thank you. And yes, I do have a choice.

If you've been baptised in the Name of the Trinity, then no you don't have a choice.

It's Gods rule, not mine... take it up with Him. In the mean time I will thank Him on your behalf.

In Christ.

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Nothing says "LOOK AT ME!" more than a good-bye thread. Nothing says "I'm not really leaving!" more than a good-bye thread.

:D

It's getting kinda "stuffy" in here...don't you think.

Upvote 0

edwardnortonfan

Jul 15, 2007
Big Rapids
Visit site
✟7,717.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You don't have a choice...sorry.

No, Mass is never "stuffy".
Maybe masses at your church aren't. At St. Michael's up here mass is so stuffy that the Priest kicked the children's class out of the church once because he said they were being "irreverent" and they weren't even making as much noise as kinda normally make in church (a lot of people left that church for good after that...) I didn't know that there could be GOOD Catholic masses until I started going to other churches. I don't think it's fair to say that ALL masses are stuffy, but certainly some of them are.

Upvote 0

FrauleinElsa

Veni,Veni Emanuel...
Sep 19, 2005
Highland Park, Texas
✟4,196.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

And yes, I'm a big meanie. I eat little puppies for breakfast, I steal lunch money from the kids huffing it to school weighed down by their backpacks, I trip old women trying to cross the street, and I steal the tennis balls off of walkers so they scuff people's floors.

Wow, you are such a tense person. Does being that mean normally win converts or do you do that to drive people away? I just wanted to pop in here and see what was going on. Didn't expect a lashing, lol. I used to be Catholic at one point and I've gotta say this attitude helps no one.

Upvote 0

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Another unbeliever troll post? wow, suprising.

Trust me sweetheart, you are the farthest thing from catholic and I will be happy to not call you catholic, sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers though.

Now finally, goodbye... for crying out loud....

Seems like the OP was accomplished. Maybe a moderator can close this stupid thread....

Upvote 0

CrusaderKing

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
United States
✟24,759.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow, you are such a tense person. Does being that mean normally win converts or do you do that to drive people away? I just wanted to pop in here and see what was going on. Didn't expect a lashing, lol. I used to be Catholic at one point and I've gotta say this attitude helps no one.

She wasn't interested in converting at all by the time this thread was started. I'm not saying all the comments in here were done out of charity, but I just thought I'd clear that up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrauleinElsa

Veni,Veni Emanuel...
Sep 19, 2005
Highland Park, Texas
✟4,196.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Another unbeliever troll post? wow, suprising.

Trust me sweetheart, you are the farthest thing from catholic and I will be happy to not call you catholic, sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers though.

Now finally, goodbye... for crying out loud....

Seems like the OP was accomplished. Maybe a moderator can close this stupid thread....

Are you talking to me? Because if you are, DON'T cAll me sweetheart. And second, I'll take the rest as a compliment :hug: ! I just had to ask though since I was the last person to post and it's unclear to me who you're talking to. You know you should really speak to someone about your anger issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I wasn't, but this is my house and I love my sisters and I use the term soooo nicely...See....

sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart
sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart

...And there are no anger issues here sweety, I am very much a lovable fuzz ball. I defend my church in our house any day any time though.

Prayers for you too. Many are called, few are chosen. Thank you God for leading me to the chosen faith, the One True Faith, the Catholic Church!

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
He probably does like St. Jerome and I just want to clarify that. However, in your case, he just probably wasn't trying to give you a serious answer.
My point was that St. Jerome wasn't always a cuddly sort of guy. Proof of that can be found in his exchanges with St. Augustine.

Though I will say this. For someone who wants to criticize us for our comments, and then turn around and make flames against people with IQ comments ... I can only say "hypocritical". I also suspect someone is wearing sandals, because as far as I can tell, they left at least one sock in this thread. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.