One Church or one church, means what, who is right?

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. I'm spot on. This is history. Perception doesn't change it. You can perceive it however you want, but that doesn't make your perception anything other than fiction.

Go back and read my previous posts, you seem to be getting muddled up into thinking that your perception as an individual is not in fact part and parcel of the entering in the new covenant. The new covenant can only be entered into by individuals and this is how it differs from the old covenant which was institutionally based on the Jewish ekklesia/church.

You are way off base and I urge you, once again to read my previous posts and understand what Jesus is trying to show you through his disciple.

Please have an open mind and an open heart and read to understand and do not rebel against the voice inside of you telling you to listen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
You don't understand the nature of the spirit. I abide in Christ daily through the spirit, that spirit doesn't need physical contact either. Surely anyone who follows the spirit would desire physical fellowship, not because its exhorted but because of love. I feel love and joy and it makes me desire it more and more. However, I don't have that luxury. I believe god uses people like me to open your blinded spiritual eyes. You see only with your natural eyes and that's really sad because you miss so much. You quarrel for no good reason as well. because you argue for EO at the expense of other Churches, and you spread or share no love, no joy, but just needless contention stemming from an immature understanding of faith.
The Spirit isn't Physical. WE ARE PHYSICAL. We NEED physical contact. That isn't just something I'm saying from Scripture. Scripture says this, and psychologists have confirmed this:

results support the current hypothesis that that individuals’ preference for online, rather than face-to-face, social interaction plays an important role in the development of negative consequences associated with problematic Internet use.
(Caplan, Scott E. "Preference for online social interaction a theory of problematic Internet use and psychosocial well-being." Communication research 30.6 (2003): 625-648.)

Moreover, assuming that lack of perceived or actual social support is not just a manifestation of depression itself, our findings support the corollary that the lack of social support contributes to the creation of depressive symptoms.
(Rook, Karen S. "The negative side of social interaction: impact on psychological well-being." Journal of personality and social psychology 46.5 (1984): 1097.)
Depression is one of the main reasons we need to gather physically together. When we gather together, we interact physically with each other, and that interaction sets off biological processes that cannot be replicated by way of online interaction. God knew this long ago, which is why, for 4000 years, God didn't command a nebulous method of gathering. There was only ever one way of gathering as the people of God, and that is still true today. Disobedience does not grant the Spirit of Peace. Only obedience grants the Spirit. Living in intentional disobedience grants only the spirit of this world. Do you want the spirit of this world, the spirit that rebels against the established way God called us to follow?
Or do you want the Spirit of God, that is given in the Body of Christ and leads to all Truth for those who OBEY GOD? The choice is yours. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Don't tell me that your joy, a joy rooted in man's temporal and ephemeral passions, is something equal to the joy of the Lord. I would rather be a bondservant of Christ than some freewheeling man with no clue where he really is.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Go back and read my previous posts, you seem to be getting muddled up into thinking that your perception as an individual is not in fact part and parcel of the entering in the new covenant. The new covenant can only be entered into by individuals and this is how it differs from the old covenant which was institutionally based on the Jewish ekklesia/church.

You are way off base and I urge you, once again to read my previous posts and understand what Jesus is trying to show you through his disciple.

Please have an open mind and an open heart and read to understand and do not rebel against the voice inside of you telling you to listen.
Perception has nothing to do with whether the Pharisees made up the whole of the Jewish hierarchy. Considering that the Pharisees weren't priests, and weren't even LEVITES, saying they are representative of the Jewish hierarchy is like saying that the Republican VOTERS represent all of the Congress. The voters aren't even elected officials! They don't do a thing in Congress.

So when you're talking about some voice telling me to listen, if I start hearing any such voice telling me to listen to a person who isn't even getting basic historical facts right, I'll be calling my psychiatrist and asking him for some anti-psychotics to go on top of the anti-depressants. The Pharisees weren't priests. The highest office they could even aspire to in the Jewish SOCIETY is the Sanhedrin, which wasn't even a religious society, but was rather a civil equivalent to the American Supreme Court. So you're telling me that a bunch of super-pious men who weren't part of the priestly order and a bunch of LAWYERS were the hierarchy of the Jewish Church? That's like saying that Elvis Presley is representative of the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church when he's surrounded by a bunch of Roman Catholic lawyers! Sure, he's Catholic (Elvis is actually his Baptismal name), but he certainly isn't representative of the hierarchy of the RCC.

The more I talk to you, the more I become convinced that you think there is a giant tin foil hat-worthy conspiracy going on. Well, I'm not buying a foil-lined hat, so if you're about to tell me to forget my 15 years of studying history in general, 5 years of focused study on pre-fifth century Church history, and 28 years of learning this strange thing called common sense, take it elsewhere.

Upvote 0