Who are you?Whoo whoo whoo whoo! Yeah, I know
May 15, 2014
✟1,488.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
mem1.jpg

On the eve of Memorial Day, in remembrance of the fallen soldiers, men, women and war dogs, who served this country and freedom, may God rest your souls in peace.

And to all military personnel, active duty and retired, thank you for your service.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opoxctmXPkc

Published on May 25, 2014

Obama Makes Surprise Visit to Afghanistan (Full Speech)
(Reuters) - President Barack Obama, on a visit to Afghanistan, said on Sunday his administration would likely announce soon how many troops the United States will keep in the country, as it winds down its presence after nearly 13 years of war.....

....SALUTING TROOPS

Wearing an Air Force One bomber jacket when he got off the plane, Obama was also joined by national security adviser Susan Rice and special counselor John Podesta, who has a son stationed in Afghanistan.

Obama inherited two wars from his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush, when he took office for his first term in 2009. He ended U.S. involvement in Iraq, a war he opposed, and his visit to Bagram was seen as a final trip to Afghanistan to salute American forces who are to leave soon.

In recent months he has recognized the valor of troops who faced combat in both Iraq and Afghanistan and earlier this month he was on hand for the formal dedication of the National September 11 Memorial Museum in New York at the site where the World Trade Center towers were brought down by hijacked-plane attackers in 2001.

On June 6, Obama will be in France to mark the 70th anniversary of the D-Day invasion when U.S. and Alllied troops stormed ashore and turned back the Germans. He calls the veterans of the Afghan conflict "the 9/11 generation, that has proven itself to be one of America's greatest."

The controversy involving the Veterans Administration has been particularly biting for Obama because he and his wife, Michelle, have stressed the need to take care of veterans.

"This is more than a government failure. It is a violation of a solemn vow. And the buck stops with the president of the United States," said Vietnam War-veteran and Republican Senator John McCain in an opinion article for the Wall Street Journal.

Continues at YouTube

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SaphireOwl said:
Obama Makes Surprise Visit to Afghanistan

I guess he went there to tell the troops what wonderful services the V.A. has waiting for them when they get home.

[Obama] ended U.S. involvement in Iraq

Not true. The plan to pull troops out of Iraq was already in place when he took office.

Funny how he only "inherits" things from Bush when they make him look good.

The controversy involving the Veterans Administration has been particularly biting for Obama because he and his wife, Michelle, have stressed the need to take care of veterans.

I find this really interesting, since one of the things Obama ran on was his criticism of the V.A. In five years, he's done absolutely nothing to fix it, but now, all of a sudden, he's concerned about it?

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree.

And thank both of the other members here for marginalizing this salute to our troops by interjecting condemnation and ridicule of Obama. Much appreciated.

Sorry to interrupt your "let's make Memorial Day all about Obama" thread.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,456.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to interrupt your "let's make Memorial Day all about Obama" thread.
Thanks for shaming a wonderful speech which focused on the men and women who serve their country and help to give us the freedom to criticize our leadership. Memorial Day should be about remembering our service personal, both past and present, and Obama did a great job, just as Pres. Bush and so many other past Presidents have done on this occasion.

veterans-cemetery-memorial-day-national-holiday-13915767.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yarddog said:
Memorial Day should be about remembering our service personal, both past and present

First of all, Memorial Day is about remembering the war dead, not all military members or veterans.

Second, thank you for agreeing with me that Memorial Day is not about Obama.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,456.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First of all, Memorial Day is about remembering the war dead, not all military members or veterans.
Though, by the letter, this is true but those that survived those terrible wars had to bear horrible scars, both physical and mental. Those veterans who came home confined to a wheel chair, missing limbs, or who woke up at night screaming because the nightmares had them reliving battles long past, and have passed away need to be remembered as well. They may have survived their war but the war never left them.

I will always remember those who bore their scars and came home alive and who mostly did't like to talk about what they experienced. To all my buddies, family, fellow Americans and our Allies, both in past and present wars, I pray that we never forget.

To all who choose to serve, I honor you. My God be with you.

Upvote 0

SaphireOwl

May 15, 2014
✟1,488.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Second, thank you for agreeing with me that Memorial Day is not about Obama.

Now if only others would agree it is not about Obama and stop derailing this thread.

I believe every American knows Memorial Day honors the brave soldiers who have died in service to this country.

Adding an additional thank you for those who serve is no faux pas.

Upvote 0

SaphireOwl

May 15, 2014
✟1,488.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What was it about then? You gave a brief acknowledgement of the dead at the beginning of your post and everything after that was about Obama.
I know who you are. I posted this thread to avoid such behavior in a Christians Only Forum.

The Commander In Chief of the American armed forces always pays homage to the fallen on Memorial Day!

As anyone can read this ceremony in the OP is not about Obama. It is about the soldiers who are lined behind him and before him as they ALL JOIN TO PAY HOMAGE TO THE FALLEN ON MEMORIAL DAY.

Now, as I asked in the other thread, do not derail this topic. Do not pursue an agenda to make this about Obama.

Do not TROLL this thread. If you respect the war dead don't Troll a thread that honors them!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know who you are.

And I know who you are.

Do not TROLL this thread.

I didn't. I responded to your OP.

If you respect the war dead don't Troll a thread that honors them!

If you wanted to honor the war dead, then why didn't you start a thread about the war dead, and not about Obama?

Upvote 0

SaphireOwl

May 15, 2014
✟1,488.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And I know who you are.

I didn't. I responded to your OP.

If you wanted to honor the war dead, then why didn't you start a thread about the war dead, and not about Obama?

:) Have a Blessed Memorial Day.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Obama Makes Surprise Visit to Afghanistan
I've read that this is supposed by Washington, DC insiders to be the kickoff of his 2014 campaign to keep the Senate in Democrat hands. He needs to make it look like he has some kind of foreign policy.

By the way, did you notice Obama wearing military attire there--and he never served. Do you remember the simply vicious attacks on Bush for flying onto that aircraft carrier in pilot's garb during the Iraq war, as though he had no right to do that as commander in chief...yet he actually did serve in the Air National Guard. 'Not good enough' said the Dems on that occasion; he must be considered a draft dodger. :doh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0