Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The other thing is being conscious of my portions, and even then....taking a bit less food that I normally would.

Some time ago, on the EWTN show the Abundant Life, Johnnette Benkovich had on the founder of some Christian weight loss program that was about portion control. (Wish I could find the name now.) Anyway, the woman said that on her program, it was all about portion control (and I believe it was tied to Christian principles too) and by controlling portions, one could eat just about anything--just in a smaller portion. For instance I remember her saying that a stomach is only about as big as a fist and at a meal--which is "sit down"--those on her weight control program go about "filling that area and no more". (Sounds to me that those on that program tend to constantly be "grazing"--like every two hours or so.) Don't know it that's feasible.

Have used her hint when eating out though. She said that when eating out, *immediately* cut the meal served in half to put in a "doggie bag" to bring home so there's no temptation to eat more than planned.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't cut back that much ~ I tend to think of servings in 1/2-1 Cup portions of protein/veggie/potato or rice each.
Usually when eating out, you can cut a meal into 1/2-1/3 of what is served depending on the restaurant.
That sure is a great savings to get 2-3 meals out of 1 :thumbsup:
Boxing it up at the outset curbs the temptation to pick at the left overs ;)

Upvote 0

balesom

Miserere nobis.
Feb 9, 2009
Central Valley, California
✟15,871.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay, I'm confused. This last week, I haven't eaten well at all. I've snacked all the time, I ate nothing but junk food, and the only exercise I got was last Tuesday and Wednesday when I went dancing, and I didn't feel like I did enough when I was there.

Before I explain my confusion, I would like to say that this week (Thursday through Sunday) saw our yearly fair come to town. Greasy food ahoy! I was working at a private bar for the board, their friends, and animal buyers, so I couldn't exactly leave to go get something healthier than fair food.

I lost five pounds. Don't even know where it went. ;)

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
and I hope you enjoyed it ~ don't complain ^_^
Sometimes when we cheat it gives our metabolism a kick start if we have stalled in weight loss.
We should incorporate some treats in out diet during the week to avoid cravings/binges; just be careful not to re-start cravings ;)

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟443,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Okay, I'm confused. This last week, I haven't eaten well at all. I've snacked all the time, I ate nothing but junk food, and the only exercise I got was last Tuesday and Wednesday when I went dancing, and I didn't feel like I did enough when I was there.

Before I explain my confusion, I would like to say that this week (Thursday through Sunday) saw our yearly fair come to town. Greasy food ahoy! I was working at a private bar for the board, their friends, and animal buyers, so I couldn't exactly leave to go get something healthier than fair food.

I lost five pounds. Don't even know where it went. ;)
:thumbsup: Ir's the moving around. sTANDING BURNS CALORIES AND SO DOES WORKING. stupid cap lock.
and I hope you enjoyed it ~ don't complain ^_^
Sometimes when we cheat it gives our metabolism a kick start if we have stalled in weight loss.
We should incorporate some treats in out diet during the week to avoid cravings/binges; just be careful not to re-start cravings ;)

I cheat every Sunday - my pig out day. :)
Had a couple desserts at a picnic. Ate seconds...o yah - I did that. ^_^

Upvote 0