TEX CATHOLIC

Jul 29, 2016
Texas
✟312.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So mea culpa if I a posting in wrong place! I'm brand new here I was trying to find a mod! I accidentally double posted elsewhere .. So I'm a newbie who has no clue where to find a mod... and didn't want a 2 fer post! And now hoping I'm not in trouble for looking / inquiring about mod help here! Blush

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,746,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Double posts aren't a big deal, and we really don't have the time to take care of all of them.

But you can self-edit the second one to either a period, or something else.

Reactions: TEX CATHOLIC
Upvote 0

TEX CATHOLIC

Jul 29, 2016
Texas
✟312.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Double posts aren't a big deal, and we really don't have the time to take care of all of them.

But you can self-edit the second one to either a period, or something else.
Thank you! I have not been on a Christian board ...5.. Years? But just didn't have time to ever post ... Any-Who! They would hit you with a bumping post violation ( which I understand) but man they would crack whip if you somehow as my case just bumped something all hinky and charge you w dreaded bumping post!! I try to double check threads I do! But hey I'm human ... most of the time if you ask my wife! Lol. But anyway thank you much for responding to my question ! As a new guy! I appreciate the kindness ! Blessings

Upvote 0

TEX CATHOLIC

Jul 29, 2016
Texas
✟312.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You'll find this site pretty fair/easy going, and control freaks few and far in between.
ROLF!! Well, I left the other site I'll not name! But : I was getting too busy! But I'm 46.... I studied at William&Mary and Duke. And the mods ( used to be a decent site but ) the mods it was like they were letting 17-18-19 year olds become mods based on the post numbers! 85% lacked wisdom and humility! It went to thier heads and in big power trips!!! At one day I just thought ya know I'm really busy now! I'm not debating someone who just finished drivers Ed !! Lol. So I left the admins should have been more selective ! I was not alone in leaving ! People left in droves! It's now just a rotation of new folk ( I hear) and more mods and admin than members! It got loopy! I acually got an infraction for: I misspelled a word and my mispell was a minor 4 letter word ! Minor as in not one of the biggies! But in CONTEXT you could read my post understand it and know it was typo! I would have had I been a mod probably chuckled / sent a pm and shown the error!! It was sad/bad! But I've not seen full tilt crazy here! So I'm thankful for that! Pax!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the mods it was like they were letting 17-18-19 year olds become mods based on the post numbers!

Don't get me started, lol.

I'm going to fight off the urge to mention the site, but that is precisely what I thought (even mentioned it to them directly during a grievance proceeding, had to, it was just that bad) of the first and only other Christian site I had joined before this one. It ended with me getting booted for life with my first and only forced "leave" supposedly for 30 days. My infraction? Daring to even slightly hint on the site about how the mods handled my complaint against one of their own. They knew they did wrong and they wanted it hushed up big time and used pretty much nothing as an excuse to get me out of there fast.

The site didn't belong to God, it was at least in part, there to stroke their own insecurities/severe control issues. No real sense of fair play, and I want to say just like children but most children could/would do better. Pretty unbelievable stuff for a Christian site, and worlds apart from this one.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,746,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

I'm going to fight off the urge to mention the site, but that is precisely what I thought (even mentioned it to them directly during a grievance proceeding, had to, it was just that bad) of the first and only other Christian site I had joined before this one. It ended with me getting booted for life with my first and only forced "leave" supposedly for 30 days. My infraction? Daring to even slightly hint on the site about how the mods handled my complaint against one of their own. They knew they did wrong and they wanted it hushed up big time and used pretty much nothing as an excuse to get me out of there fast.

The site didn't belong to God, it was at least in part, there to stroke their own insecurities/severe control issues. No real sense of fair play, and I want to say just like children but most children could/would do better. Pretty unbelievable stuff for a Christian site, and worlds apart from this one.
Just to be clear, it's a violation to discuss staff actions here, too. We will let you discuss them with staff, though. Or even privately with an Advisor. But once a complaint about staff/CF happens, it opens a floodgate. We do try to be fair, though, and reverse yore a lot of warnings on appeal, if an understanding can be reached.

Upvote 0

TEX CATHOLIC

Jul 29, 2016
Texas
✟312.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just to be clear, it's a violation to discuss staff actions here, too. We will let you discuss them with staff, though. Or even privately with an Advisor. But once a complaint about staff/CF happens, it opens a floodgate. We do try to be fair, though, and reverse yore a lot of warnings on appeal, if an understanding can be reached.
Oh! I don't have an issue with that rule!! Really I'm laid back! It was just this site! And even then I took high ground! Never battled or quarreled!! I just left when it went loony! We are on same page!

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

TEX CATHOLIC

Jul 29, 2016
Texas
✟312.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Dude it looks like you can give a pm.. I checked it said you've not received any messages... Try it from your end again just out of curiosity ! I don't think I blocked a pm ... But I'm still trying to get used to the functions here! Learning curve!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just to be clear, it's a violation to discuss staff actions here, too. We will let you discuss them with staff, though. Or even privately with an Advisor.

I wouldn't have any need to, as far as I can tell. As far as I know, the situation here is fair and doesn't put people in a position they feel they need to do what they must.

Ham, when you mentioned the exception of "privately with and advisor", is that to say, any issue that might arise, can be spoken about to staff on a public board, like right here?

Dude it looks like you can give a pm.. I checked it said you've not received any messages... Try it from your end again just out of curiosity ! I don't think I blocked a pm ... But I'm still trying to get used to the functions here! Learning curve!!

I'll try. I've gotten them but never initiated one so, not sure how either.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,746,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Ham, when you mentioned the exception of "privately with and advisor", is that to say, any issue that might arise, can be spoken about to staff on a public board, like right here?
There's an Advisor's office where you can speak to them if you have issues with a staff member. It's private.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Tex, not sure how to PM you, or if I even can since you're privatized, but get with me privately if you will, I just have to know if we are talking about the same place.
Just click on the user name, then click on "start a conversation".

Edit to add: Ooops, nm. Perhaps he needs more posts or go to his settings to get messages?

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's an Advisor's office where you can speak to them if you have issues with a staff member. It's private.

Thanks, and no issues, just curios is it was any different here and if things could be talked about in public.

Just click on the user name, then click on "start a conversation".

Edit to add: Ooops, nm. Perhaps he needs more posts or go to his settings to get messages?

Thanks, for the help, LLOJ...he got through, but that will be useful for future reference. :)

Upvote 0