Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Colabomb said:
I take his word that he is a believer.

But I don't like the theology behind "Religion is the Enemy of God". It is a misunderstanding of what the word religion means.

Secondly, he apparently does not understand what Christian means. It simply means follower, not perfect follower.
But how many of us struggle with being that "perfect" follower?

I know I do.

And in some aspects, religion sometimes gets in the way of God and his nature. Helllloooooo, Spanish Inquisition? *braces for the Monty Python jokes*

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
gtsecc said:
20h3412.jpg

Hey- who's the guy in white with Bono?

:D

Upvote 0

Colabomb

I seek sin like a moth towards flame, save me God.
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟19,125.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
AnglicanCelt said:
But how many of us struggle with being that "perfect" follower?

I know I do.

And in some aspects, religion sometimes gets in the way of God and his nature. Helllloooooo, Spanish Inquisition? *braces for the Monty Python jokes*
I do, but I proudly wear the name of Christ.

I am a Christian.

Also, the inquisition was not holy religion. It was corrupt religion.

Even when the Church is doing what it is supposed to do, it is religion.

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Colabomb said:
I take his word that he is a believer.

But I don't like the theology behind "Religion is the Enemy of God". It is a misunderstanding of what the word religion means.

Secondly, he apparently does not understand what Christian means. It simply means follower, not perfect follower.

Cola,

I think he knows very well what Christian means. But I also think he's overly (IMO) cautious with the media. But when he meets with Christian leaders or groups, he's very upfront about his beliefs.

I also think growing up in Ireland really gave him a bad taste for the established churches, and again I disagree with him about that, and hope that he will some day embrace the church more.

Mary

Upvote 0

rainbowprism

Elevate My Soul
May 4, 2004
Ohio
✟1,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
MOB--I most definetly agree about the whole Irish background. Where he grew up it was often even your own name that automatically would lable you as either "protestant" or "catholic". Add in the fact that he had a Protestant mother and a Catholic father....it equals a whole mess. He certainly has a distaste in his mouth about how easily religious labels caused problems.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.