Ohioans: Don’t Be Deceived about Issue One!

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ohioans vote Tuesday on Issue 1, a referendum question that would write abortion on demand through birth into the state constitution. Buckeyes: Don’t let pro-abortion advocates lie to you about the extremes of this amendment.

This amendment legalizes abortion through birth for any reason. No restriction on abortion prior to birth would be constitutional in Ohio.

Anybody who claims that is not true is lying. The amendment pays lip service to the notion of “viability” — i.e., the point at which a fetus is capable of surviving outside the womb, generally about 20 weeks (5 months).

But the amendment’s “restriction” is no restriction at all. Why? Three reasons.

• The amendment itself carefully does not saywhen viability occurs.
  • It does say that determination is up to the person performing the abortion — i.e., somebody who has a vested interest in removing that restriction.
  • And the amendment says the restriction can be waived in the name of the mother’s “health” — but does not define “health.” That definition is not self-evident or common sense. We know from nearly fifty years of Roe v. Wade that the Supreme Court stretched “health” to include emotional and psychological satisfaction. So if you’d be unhappy that you can’t have an abortion when you want it? Your “health” is endangered. That’s not fantasy. That’s not fiction. That’s almost half a century of precedents.
Continued below.

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hope Ohioans won't be deceived.
The pro-life churches ... all denoms ... for months now ... have been encouraging the peoples to vote 'no'.
Meanwhile, the pro-abort folks have been airing some very 'persuasive' ads on the tv.
Guess we will know more tonite ...

Upvote 0