New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't think the malfeasance of one Republican means the entire party is corrupt and I hope no one comes in here and posts with that attitude.

He does contribute to it though. Just as all corrupt politicians do for their respective parties.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caprice

Devoted Husband and Daddy
Aug 30, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟17,168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Help me out here, I'm not getting what golf outings has to do with anything... I understand if he broke some sort of public policy he should "do the time" or whatever but I don't get the point in why him going golf and someone paying for him is illegal anymore than it would be for me to have a buddy pay for a bowling match for me.

Upvote 0

MalcolmX

Jul 31, 2005
✟562.00
Faith
Catholic
Caprice said:
Help me out here, I'm not getting what golf outings has to do with anything... I understand if he broke some sort of public policy he should "do the time" or whatever but I don't get the point in why him going golf and someone paying for him is illegal anymore than it would be for me to have a buddy pay for a bowling match for me.
Probably some sort of unethical behavior comes from it, much like NCAA athletes have a long list of things they can't do especially in the ways of getting gifts from family, friends, or strangers.

The difference between the governor and you is that the friend paying for the governor may be using undue influence on his policies.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Caprice said:

Basically, GovernorTaft is being investigated by the Ohio Ethics Commission for acknowledging that he failed to report up to 60 golf outings as governor. He could be charged if the cost of an unreported game was more than $75. Taft failed to follow his own advice Golf outings went against ethics he preached to staff.

According to State of Ohio's Ethic laws for state employees.... this is very serious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hippie

Jul 25, 2005
Maine
✟1,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Darn how much does it cost to play golf?!? The article said that it had to be reported if it were more than $75; around here it only costs $30 -50 to play golf and that includes the club that GWB's daddy plays at! What's the deal? Am I missing something?

Reactions: Caprice
Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
JimfromOhio said:
Basically, GovernorTaft is being investigated by the Ohio Ethics Commission for acknowledging that he failed to report up to 60 golf outings as governor. He could be charged if the cost of an unreported game was more than $75. Taft failed to follow his own advice Golf outings went against ethics he preached to staff.

According to State of Ohio's Ethic laws for state employees.... this is very serious.

In Ohio? The Governor is gonna give away the State to a company because they gave him a round of free golf? Total amazement. This will be a ride at Cedar Point, won't it?

Upvote 0