✟16,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
All,

We have been in the process of starting an off-grid and sustainable community for interested Christian families who desire to live according to Biblical ethics, regardless of denomination, in the Caribbean. We have been making contacts on a particular island and such is place that is very well-suited for homesteading and off-grid living. We already have several interested families and have organized a website for drawing others as well. We will make all of our own food and practice holistic medicine and commonly own all things in the community. We will have chapel daily, as well as various studies and a Sunday worship service conducted by an ordained minister. We will do outreach and charity on the island, and work with other churches to help aid the work of the Kingdom there, we will likewise have scheduled times of fasting, as well as feasting and making merry as a community. Everyone would have weekends to themselves for their own personal time and at the start some of us may have to work some side-gigs until everything is well-established. Otherwise, all the work, from building, to growing food, raising animals, fishing, etc, would be done as a community. I myself have been ordained in the Lutheran and Reformed churches and have built and maintained my own off-grid homestead and some of the other interested families have backgrounds in building homesteads, holistic medicine, and teaching at Christian schools.

Beyond this, we would all have our own “huts” or simple home with a shared community center which would work as our chapel, kitchen, dining hall, school, library, storehouse, bathhouse, etc.

This is a very simplistic summary, but things are starting to move in a great direction and everyone is feeling very optimistic. Thus, for those who want to live somewhere with other Christians where we can be easily self-sufficient and eating fresh all year round, where there are nearly no regulations or restrictions on how we build our homes, raise our animals, educate and discipline our children, then consider joining in our plans. We hope to make the official move in the next couple of years once everything is wrapped up.

For more information, contact me via the message feature here on the site and then we can continue the conversation via email. Godspeed.

Dec 5, 2022
morrisdale
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
How will you deal with hurricanes?
Great question!
The same as the tens of thousands who have lived there for generations! Not to mention the Floridians! lol

Though, we will try to make some preemptive plans to make it all that much more easy for our homesteads, namely, on some of the properties we've looked at we are more to the interior up against hillsides that we can build an emergency shelter into.

To be honest, I view the hurricanes as a ministry opportunity to help others.
How will you deal with hurricanes?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's a Christian agrarian community in Waco, Texas you may want to explore. I saw a piece on them a week ago. They're not Amish or Mennonite but embody a similar spirit. You can find several videos on Youtube too.

~bella

Very interesting... Thanks for that.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
While I think this is interesting, how are you going to keep the island from becoming a cult? I'm concerned that an isolated group of Christians on an island will become legalistic due to being insular.

I think the hurricane ministry recovery plan is good, but I think you need to be careful in choosing spiritual leadership, rotating leaders and ensuring corporate and Scriptural accountability, and frequently getting the residents off the island. Otherwise I fear the worst.

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I think its a great idea if you have the right types of people come to the Island. Not all Christians are the friendly type and some are just out to push their own denomination ideals on everyone. So some set rules and good leadership is a must to make it work. But I lie the idea and happy to know there are Christians out there thinking about the preservation of life and the faith. I do believe that things will get real bad. I want to be wrong. Unfortunately I'm usually right about stuff like this. Oh how I want to be wrong more often. But if things don't change for the better real soon life in America and on the earth in general is gonna become an everyday disaster. I sure hope there are more Christians prepping. Bless everyone who is thinking about this. Preppers are the life savers of our near future. We need to work together and stay united in Christ, regardless of denomination. Its a good time to put denomination differences aside or at least to the point where we can live together and agree to disagree. Its the only way we're gonna make it. We all need to be a family in Christ and live as a family in Christ.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0