Of Course I Believe in Prosperity, so do you

A

Andre77

How many will be poor, blind and naked in the kingdom of heaven because they seek after selfish things in this life?

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

These individuals 'say, I am rich' and 'have need of nothing'. They have prosperity in this life but have no spiritual wealth saved up. Sounds to me like a WoF doctrine being countered. They have not suffered and overcome trials to earn refined gold. They have not earned their robes of righteousness granted for overcoming the flesh. They are spiritual blind. Their eternal status in the kingdom reflects those facts.
Yes, many will follow their worldly desires. It is also true that these worldly desires can never bring peace and joy and will always fall short of expectations - as worldly desire invariably does.

Upvote 0