Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
David Barton has documented a consistent pattern of deliberative actions taken by Obama and his administration: WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President
1. Acts of hostility toward people of Biblical faith:
April 2008 – Obama speaks disrespectfully of Christians, saying they “cling to guns or religion” and have an “antipathy to people who aren’t like them.”
February 2009 – Obama announces plans to revoke conscience protection for health workers who refuse to participate in medical activities that go against their beliefs, and fully implements the plan in February 2011.
April 2009 – When speaking at Georgetown University, Obama orders that a monogram symbolizing Jesus’ name be covered when he is making his speech.
May 2009 – Obama declines to host services for the National Prayer Day (a day established by federal law) at the White House.
April 2009 – In a deliberate act of disrespect, Obama nominated three pro-abortion ambassadors to the Vatican; of course, the pro-life Vatican rejected all three.
October 19, 2010 – Obama begins deliberately omitting the phrase about “the Creator” when quoting the Declaration of Independence – an omission he has made on no less than seven occasions.
November 2010 – Obama misquotes the National Motto, saying it is “E pluribus unum” rather than “In God We Trust” as established by federal law.
January 2011 – After a federal law was passed to transfer a WWI Memorial in the Mojave Desert to private ownership, the U. S. Supreme Court ruled that the cross in the memorial could continue to stand, but the Obama administration refused to allow the land to be transferred as required by law, and refused to allow the cross to be re-erected as ordered by the Court.
February 2011 – Although he filled posts in the State Department, for more than two years Obama did not fill the post of religious freedom ambassador, an official that works against religious persecution across the world; he filled it only after heavy pressure from the public and from Congress.
April 2011 – For the first time in American history, Obama urges passage of a non-discrimination law that does not contain hiring protections for religious groups, forcing religious organizations to hire according to federal mandates without regard to the dictates of their own faith, thus eliminating conscience protection in hiring.
August 2011 – The Obama administration releases its new health care rules that override religious conscience protections for medical workers in the areas of abortion and contraception.
November 2011 – Obama opposes inclusion of President Franklin Roosevelt’s famous D-Day Prayer in the WWII Memorial.
November 2011 – Unlike previous presidents, Obama studiously avoids any religious references in his Thanksgiving speech.
December 2011 – The Obama administration denigrates other countries’ religious beliefs as an obstacle to radical homosexual rights.
January 2012 – The Obama administration argues that the First Amendment provides no protection for churches and synagogues in hiring their pastors and rabbis.
February 2012 – The Obama administration forgives student loans in exchange for public service, but announces it will no longer forgive student loans if the public service is related to religion.

2. Acts of hostility from the Obama-led military toward people of Biblical faith:

3. Acts of hostility toward Biblical values:

4. Acts of preferentialism for Islam:
May 2009 – While Obama does not host any National Day of Prayer event at the White House, he does host White House Iftar dinners in honor of Ramadan.
April 2010 – Christian leader Franklin Graham is disinvited from the Pentagon’s National Day of Prayer Event because of complaints from the Muslim community.
April 2010 – The Obama administration requires rewriting of government documents and a change in administration vocabulary to remove terms that are deemed offensive to Muslims, including jihad, jihadists, terrorists, radical Islamic, etc.
August 2010 – Obama speaks with great praise of Islam and condescendingly of Christianity.
August 2010 – Obama went to great lengths to speak out on multiple occasions on behalf of building an Islamic mosque at Ground Zero, while at the same time he was silent about a Christian church being denied permission to rebuild at that location.
2010 – While every White House traditionally issues hundreds of official proclamations and statements on numerous occasions, this White House avoids traditional Biblical holidays and events but regularly recognizes major Muslim holidays, as evidenced by its 2010 statements on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.
October 2011 – Obama’s Muslim advisers block Middle Eastern Christians’ access to the White House.
February 2012 – The Obama administration makes effulgent apologies for Korans being burned by the U. S. military, 51 but when Bibles were burned by the military, numerous reasons were offered why it was the right thing to do.
Biblically hostile ... yet preferential to Islam: kinda like a war on Christianity. Probably nothing to see here though. Hmm ... I wonder if anyone has collected a list of Islam-hostile and Biblically friendly actions taken by the Obama administration.

Mar 5, 2012
✟15,412.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
April 2008 – Obama speaks disrespectfully of Christians, saying they “cling to guns or religion” and have an “antipathy to people who aren’t like them.”.
Speaking disrectfully to Christians is biblical. Read the letters in the Bible written by Paul.:D

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I did not vote for Obama the first time he ran, however all of this trivial whining about him is helping to sway my decision to vote for him this time.

thanks!
That's what we do here, SOAD. This discussion board helps people make decisions. Glad I could help you with yours.
Rev 22:14-17 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Remember to choose wisely. :wave:
Matthew 7:15-29 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
While the link suggests it's Obama's familiarity with Islam that leads him to bash Christians at times, I disagree. I think this president favors Islam as he does because he sees everything as a victim / assailant mentality. In other words, Muslims in America are just another victim and Christian and Jews are just more bullies.

Upvote 0
A

AtheistVet

While the link suggests it's Obama's familiarity with Islam that leads him to bash Christians at times, I disagree. I think this president favors Islam as he does because he sees everything as a victim / assailant mentality. In other words, Muslims in America are just another victim and Christian and Jews are just more bullies.

Look at the title of the thread, now read David Barton's whining. Who has the victim complex again?

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's what we do here, SOAD. This discussion board helps people make decisions. Glad I could help you with yours.

Thanks again! I considered myself a Christian before I read here what other Christians told me Christianity was all about. People here helped me make a decision regarding Christianity. Well done.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Just because something is a fact doesn't negate it being completely trivial.
Hi, HakeemSupreme. :wave:

You raise an interesting paradox. If these matters are completely trivial, then why has Obama dug his heels in against the Catholic church? If these matters are so trivial, then why should there be any need to do them at all? If these matters are so trivial, then why are they so divisive?

Just curious ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
David Barton is a known liar for Jesus. If he came out and said the sky was blue I would go to the window and double check.
That's an atheist's lie, IzzyPop. :eek:

It all goes back to a very few erroneous references in Barton's earlier book. He corrected those and republished a revised version. His detractors on this board, despite page after page of whining in an earlier thread, failed to produce a single inaccuracy in his book "Original Intent: the Courts, the Constitution and Religion". I'm sure there must be some errors in that book as well though ... I mean what are the odds that it's perfect? Of course, it's been out for fifteen years now so one might think in that time some errors would have been found.

Upvote 0
H

HakeemSupreme

Hi, HakeemSupreme. :wave:

You raise an interesting paradox. If these matters are completely trivial, then why has Obama dug his heels in against the Catholic church? If these matters are so trivial, then why should there be any need to do them at all? If these matters are so trivial, then why are they so divisive?

Just curious ...

In order...

I don't know, because some people are obsessive and perceive Obama as doggedly anti-Christian/pro-Muslim and I don't find them divisive.

Pick what you consider the top five most important and maybe it wouldn't just look like a list of trivial nitpicking.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
In order...

I don't know, because some people are obsessive and perceive Obama as doggedly anti-Christian/pro-Muslim and I don't find them divisive.

Pick what you consider the top five most important and maybe it wouldn't just look like a list of trivial nitpicking.
Allow me to assume ... for the sake of discussion ... that you are open-minded and willing to accept the trivial quirks of those whose opinions you might not necessarily agree with. After all, life's too short to focus on trivialities, especially if those trivialities are important to others, right?

You wouldn't keep pouring salt into an open-wound, would you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
April 2009 – When speaking at Georgetown University, Obama orders that a monogram symbolizing Jesus’ name be covered when he is making his speech.
Upon further investigation... not so much.
FactCheck.org : Obama at Georgetown

More fact checking on the list in the OP to come later.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
November 2010 – Obama misquotes the National Motto, saying it is “E pluribus unum” rather than “In God We Trust” as established by federal law.
snopes.com: National Motto Letter to President Obama

"E pluribus unum" has been concidered an unofficial motto for far longer than "In God We Trust". Also, as noted in the article, other presidents such as Reagan have stated that it is our motto and those incidents raised no objections.

Upvote 0

pennmark

Mar 5, 2011
✟15,902.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
David Barton has documented a consistent pattern of deliberative actions taken by Obama and his administration: WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President
1. Acts of hostility toward people of Biblical faith:
April 2008 – Obama speaks disrespectfully of Christians, saying they “cling to guns or religion” and have an “antipathy to people who aren’t like them.”
February 2009 – Obama announces plans to revoke conscience protection for health workers who refuse to participate in medical activities that go against their beliefs, and fully implements the plan in February 2011.
May 2009 – Obama declines to host services for the National Prayer Day (a day established by federal law) at the White House.
April 2009 – In a deliberate act of disrespect, Obama nominated three pro-abortion ambassadors to the Vatican; of course, the pro-life Vatican rejected all three.
October 19, 2010 – Obama begins deliberately omitting the phrase about “the Creator” when quoting the Declaration of Independence – an omission he has made on no less than seven occasions.
January 2011 – After a federal law was passed to transfer a WWI Memorial in the Mojave Desert to private ownership, the U. S. Supreme Court ruled that the cross in the memorial could continue to stand, but the Obama administration refused to allow the land to be transferred as required by law, and refused to allow the cross to be re-erected as ordered by the Court.
February 2011 – Although he filled posts in the State Department, for more than two years Obama did not fill the post of religious freedom ambassador, an official that works against religious persecution across the world; he filled it only after heavy pressure from the public and from Congress.
April 2011 – For the first time in American history, Obama urges passage of a non-discrimination law that does not contain hiring protections for religious groups, forcing religious organizations to hire according to federal mandates without regard to the dictates of their own faith, thus eliminating conscience protection in hiring.
August 2011 – The Obama administration releases its new health care rules that override religious conscience protections for medical workers in the areas of abortion and contraception.
November 2011 – Obama opposes inclusion of President Franklin Roosevelt’s famous D-Day Prayer in the WWII Memorial.
November 2011 – Unlike previous presidents, Obama studiously avoids any religious references in his Thanksgiving speech.
December 2011 – The Obama administration denigrates other countries’ religious beliefs as an obstacle to radical homosexual rights.
January 2012 – The Obama administration argues that the First Amendment provides no protection for churches and synagogues in hiring their pastors and rabbis.
February 2012 – The Obama administration forgives student loans in exchange for public service, but announces it will no longer forgive student loans if the public service is related to religion.

2. Acts of hostility from the Obama-led military toward people of Biblical faith:

3. Acts of hostility toward Biblical values:

4. Acts of preferentialism for Islam:
May 2009 – While Obama does not host any National Day of Prayer event at the White House, he does host White House Iftar dinners in honor of Ramadan.
April 2010 – Christian leader Franklin Graham is disinvited from the Pentagon’s National Day of Prayer Event because of complaints from the Muslim community.
April 2010 – The Obama administration requires rewriting of government documents and a change in administration vocabulary to remove terms that are deemed offensive to Muslims, including jihad, jihadists, terrorists, radical Islamic, etc.
August 2010 – Obama speaks with great praise of Islam and condescendingly of Christianity.
August 2010 – Obama went to great lengths to speak out on multiple occasions on behalf of building an Islamic mosque at Ground Zero, while at the same time he was silent about a Christian church being denied permission to rebuild at that location.
2010 – While every White House traditionally issues hundreds of official proclamations and statements on numerous occasions, this White House avoids traditional Biblical holidays and events but regularly recognizes major Muslim holidays, as evidenced by its 2010 statements on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.
October 2011 – Obama’s Muslim advisers block Middle Eastern Christians’ access to the White House.
February 2012 – The Obama administration makes effulgent apologies for Korans being burned by the U. S. military, 51 but when Bibles were burned by the military, numerous reasons were offered why it was the right thing to do.
Biblically hostile ... yet preferential to Islam: kinda like a war on Christianity. Probably nothing to see here though. Hmm ... I wonder if anyone has collected a list of Islam-hostile and Biblically friendly actions taken by the Obama administration.

Makes you wonder where Obama gets all his money from! :scratch:

Upvote 0