May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
“Remember that during the Crusades and Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ,” he said. “In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-to-Spanish-Inquisition-and-Ku-Klux-Klan.html

The difference of course is that whilst Christ never practiced or advocated the inquisition or slavery, Mohammed was a warlord who robbed caravans and executed prisoners in order that his men could rape their wives.

Has America ever had a president that was more mocking of, and hostile to, Christianity? I can see why some think him a Muslim, I really can.

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
The difference of course is that whilst Christ never practiced or advocated the inquisition or slavery,

So, that somehow justifies all the atrocities that were done in His name then, particularly in this country that claims to be founded by Christians?

Mohammed was a warlord who robbed caravans and executed prisoners in order that his men could rape their wives.

Christianity isn't without its blood stained history either.

Has America ever had a president that was more mocking of, and hostile to, Christianity? I can see why some think him a Muslim, I really can.

So, no national leader is allowed to criticize Christianity or tell the truth about its blood stained history?

4_zps5dcca0a9.jpg

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So, that somehow justifies all the atrocities that were done in His name then, particularly in this country that claims to be founded by Christians?

Considering everyone who was alive in the Middle Ages have been dead and buried for hundreds of years, it was inappropriate to bring it up as a comparison to what happened only a few days ago (the culprits of the heinous act are still alive).

Also I don't believe there is anyone still alive that was alive during our Civil War, so the slavery argument is also inappropriate, as are your other examples.

Obama seems to be unwilling to call radical Islam for what it is, and he rushes to deny, defend, etc. Islam at every turn...

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Considering everyone who was alive in the Middle Ages have been dead and buried for hundreds of years, it was inappropriate to bring it up as a comparison to what happened only a few days ago (the culprits of the heinous act are still alive).

Also I don't believe there is anyone still alive that was alive during our Civil War, so the slavery argument is also inappropriate, as are your other examples.

Obama seems to be unwilling to call radical Islam for what it is, and he rushes to deny, defend, etc. Islam at every turn...

actually what he's defending are the millions of Muslims who DON"T believe in killing and tend to get splattered with that great big paint brush that some people use to paint all Muslims with. :wave:
tulc(thought that was pretty obvious) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Christianity isn't without its blood stained history either.

We are all aware of that.

The point is that Christ never advocated those things. Mohammed has advocated and practiced all manner of violence.

The Inquisition and Crusades were un-Christ-like.

The behaviour of ISIS is spot on with what Mohammed himself practiced.

So, no national leader is allowed to criticize Christianity or tell the truth about its blood stained history?
I've noticed that people do this a lot. When accused of doing something wrong they turn around and say "well others do it", as if to direct attention from themselves.

Lets see this hypocrite of a President point to the activities of the CIA in Central America shall we?

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
actually what he's defending are the millions of Muslims who DON"T believe in killing and tend to get splattered with that great big paint brush that some people use to paint all Muslims with. :wave:

If that was what he was really trying to do, he wouldn't have had to bring up things that happened hundreds if not thousands of years ago...

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟574,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would not expect him, as a Muslim, to say anything less insulting or idiotic

He will not condemn radical Islam because he knows it in his heart to be true and according to what Islam preaches. Trust, Barack Hussein Obama has his Islamic motives and this country being in the toilet is proof of that. Sick. Just sick

God have mercy on his evil soul

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
actually what he's defending are the millions of Muslims who DON"T believe in killing

Those would be Muslims who are turning their backs on Mohammed; which is a good thing, but lets see spineless politicians say that instead of throwing mud at Christians because he's a coward who knows that where Muslims would kill him for that Christians put up with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Winchester

Sep 18, 2014
✟15,298.00

Obama will tell whatever his democratic and left-liberal supporters want hear from him no matter it is based on fact or fiction. Of course you can say the same thing about the Republicans and their supporters. I believe he doesn't want to offend his muslim allies in the arab and islamic world so the USA can still rely on them to continue the war against islamic terrorists. And of course so that the american defense industry can still make big bucks with arms deals therefore all shareholders of the american defense industry can live happily ever after.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

Well said, tulc.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does, "SEE CHRISTIANS DID IT TOO!!" do that though?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obama draws ire for comparing Isil to Spanish Inquisition and Ku Klux Klan - Telegraph

The difference of course is that whilst Christ never practiced or advocated the inquisition or slavery, Mohammed was a warlord who robbed caravans and executed prisoners in order that his men could rape their wives

uhmmm...have you read this portion of the Old Testament:
Deuteronomy 21:10-14 said:
10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the Lord thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,
11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;
12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;
13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.
14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.

Has America ever had a president that was more mocking of, and hostile to, Christianity?
We don't have one like that now, so no problem. :wave:

I can see why some think him a Muslim, I really can.
I sure can't, dude ate a ham sandwich during Ramadan and drinks/makes beer. I can see how some people would like to pretend President Obama is a Muslim but the only proof they seem to have is: "He does stuff I don't like!!" :mad:!!OBAMA!!:mad:
tulc(notices stuff) :sorry:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does, "SEE CHRISTIANS DID IT TOO!!" do that though?

Not really. I don't see it as a great response, I see it as a standard politician response who wants to get a sound bite out and doesn't want to spend 20 or 30 minutes giving a more nuanced answer. :sigh:
tulc(doesn't really care for "sound bite" answers) :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The point is that Christ never advocated those things. Mohammed has advocated and practiced all manner of violence.

So what? It's the fact that these things were done in the name of Christ.

The fact that Jesus didn't advocate these things done in his name is perhaps even more worrying.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those would be Muslims who are turning their backs on Mohammed; which is a good thing, but lets see spineless politicians say that instead of throwing mud at Christians because he's a coward who knows that where Muslims would kill him for that Christians put up with it.

So pointing out historical truths about Christians is "throwing mud at Christians"? :D
tulc(suspects President Obama must have touched a nerve) :cool:

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

No, I think just the opposite; surely that is what the OP meant.

Cuz no one ever knew these things before O mentioned them.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I sure can't, dude ate a ham sandwich during Ramadan and drinks/makes beer. I can see how some people would like to pretend President Obama is a Muslim but the only proof they seem to have is: "He does stuff I don't like!!" :mad:!!OBAMA!!:mad:
tulc(notices stuff) :sorry:

No true Scotsman, eh? :bow:Obama!:bow:
nightflight (heh)

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟574,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So what? It's the fact that these things were done in the name of Christ.

The fact that Jesus didn't advocate these things done in his name is perhaps even more worrying.

That should show you that everyone who says they are Christian are not

I could easily kill someone and say I did it in the name of Obama. That is not a reflection of him, ESPECIALLY if he has never set a murderous example

If what someone is doing or saying does not align with what Christ and the scriptures say(without taking it out of context) then they are not Christian and their faith is in Satan, whether they know it or not

Mohammed actually murderer people, and he was also a pedophile. What a perfect example for the Muslims to follow. I see why the Middle East is so peaceful

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.