Obama, on 38th Anniversary of Roe, re-re-recommits himself to abortion … again

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Face it, the National Democratic Party is in the right pocket of NOW and other pro-choice groups. Now, there is a big difference between Catholics who attend Mass regularly and those who do not. The ones who go to Mass weekly or almost weekly vote Republican and those who do not attend regularly vote Democratic. However, on balance, the Dems have an advantage with the Catholic vote, as I believe those who do not attend Mass regularly vote a higher percentage Democratic than the percentage of those who do attend Mass regularly who vote Republican.

i attend daily mass every day and i am a democrat

i did not however vote for obama because i am prolife

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I wonder where people with my political party tend to fall...

Somehow folks seem to forget that there are Conservatives, Independents, and so on--not just Republicans and Democrats.

Of course, since Conservatives tend to be pro-life as well, I bet the powers that have decided that there are only Republicans and Democrats have lumped them into the Republican party.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I got a question...

what do you guys say when or if someone were to say to you something like "but the most important thing is JOBS. people can't get JOBS. people don't have money to support their families because of the job situation and this issue doesn't make a difference!" :sigh::sigh::sigh:
The abortion issue is as good as dead politically in America now too. It was lost last election, and won't be coming back until at least another generation is dealt the same death blow as the one before.

I'd say that jobs are created by businesses, not government. Support the policies that are good for local business, and then go out and create a family for the greater glory of God.

Upvote 0

Turkleton

Yeah, I'm that Papist punk
Dec 17, 2008
✟7,857.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
"There are those who argue that the right to privacy is of [a] higher order than the right to life...that was the premise of slavery. You could not protest the existence or treatment of slaves on the plantation because that was private and therefore outside your right to be concerned. What happens to the mind of a person, and the moral fabric of a nation, that accepts the aborting of the life of a baby without a pang of conscience? What kind of a person and what kind of a society will we have twenty years hence if life can be taken so casually?" - Jesse Jackson, 1977

The abortion cover up is absolutely disgusting.

Upvote 0

DanuckInUSA

Jan 25, 2011
Williams, Oregon
✟15,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The accept of defeat is the issue. Stand true to your conviction and pass it on. Fact is those who support abortion will be aborting the future of their cause. Those who are aborting their children will not have anyone to pass their message onto while those who are prolife will only grow in number

Upvote 0

Andy Hardy

Nov 24, 2010
✟7,988.00
Faith
Catholic
Face it, the National Democratic Party is in the right pocket of NOW and other pro-choice groups. Now, there is a big difference between Catholics who attend Mass regularly and those who do not. The ones who go to Mass weekly or almost weekly vote Republican and those who do not attend regularly vote Democratic. However, on balance, the Dems have an advantage with the Catholic vote, as I believe those who do not attend Mass regularly vote a higher percentage Democratic than the percentage of those who do attend Mass regularly who vote Republican.

That is two very bold statements about Catholic voters.

Can you back them up or are we just going all Michelle Bachmann ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Your view that the abortion issue is dead for a generation now is probably correct.
Politically dead in terms of the legal system. Catholics actually acting on Catholic teaching is stil a remote possibility to change things around.
It comes down to what young people startig families opt to do now.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,093,390.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Noteworty in that response is how a Catholic Democrats refers to prolifers as 'you prolifers' rather than 'we prolifers'.

In terms of politics, yes, there is division.

I was supportive of those going to statewide or national marches for life.

I couldn't go myself. I said, half jokingly to my "yellow dog Democrat" friend, "I support life, but I don't think I could stand being around so many Republicans at one time." She high-fived me.

But it's not really that....

I would never worry as much being at a liberal function as at a socially conservative function. Why? Because so many of them have concealed weapons, and in some twisted rationalization that, to me, represents a tenuous grip on reality, they justify that they can carry a deadly weapon with being pro-life.

All you'd have needed was one nut with a gun and all the other "good" (by their own definition, not mine) gun owners in the crowd would turn Dirty Harry Curtis Sliwa vigilante on us. Who knows how many innocent people could be killed?

The most dangerous place to be on January 24, 2011 wasn't someone's womb. It was in a crowd of hundreds of thousands, most of them avowed weapons carriers.

And even if they were Democrats, that would totally creep me out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,093,390.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The abortion issue is as good as dead politically in America now too. It was lost last election, and won't be coming back until at least another generation is dealt the same death blow as the one before.

I'd say that jobs are created by businesses, not government. Support the policies that are good for local business, and then go out and create a family for the greater glory of God.

There's still hope in the Supreme Court, except that the two most arrogant and ideological Supreme Court justices, Scalia and Thomas, are behaving in ways that could lead people to call for their impeachment.

Thomas, for example, failed to report his wife's earned income for thirteen years. In the past five years alone, she earned almost $700,000 from the Heritage Foundation and the Tea Party. Besides the non-reporting issue, his financial gain from these organizations compromises his impartiality on many issues from which he should recuse himself.

He was also seen partying at the Koch brothers' homes, although they were strong advocates of unlimited business political advertising...right before the controversial Supreme Court decision on that very issue.

As far as Scalia goes, he went hunting with Cheney weeks before a case in which Cheney was involved went before the Court (true to form, he voted with Cheney) and just yesterday met, behind closed doors, with a group of hardcore ideologues--Michelle Bachman and the Tea Party.

Supreme Court justices CAN be impeached, and they are dangerously defiant of the rules of "good behavior" they are expected to follow.

We know they're ideological, partisan, and reactionary--but can't they at least observe the appearances of propriety?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟443,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I got a question...

what do you guys say when or if someone were to say to you something like "but the most important thing is JOBS. people can't get JOBS. people don't have money to support their families because of the job situation and this issue doesn't make a difference!" :sigh::sigh::sigh:
Dem's who failed in economy and jobs: Peanut farmer Jimmy Carter and Obama.
Rep who succeeded with a thriving economy: Reagan.

It goes to show, if God is part of the person's makeup - they will work for the people...ALL people...including God's littlest people.

He took His hands of blessing off of us....
Keep on keeping on.

BTW - jobs wouldnt be an issue if someone didnt strangle the economy.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟443,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In terms of politics, yes, there is division.

I was supportive of those going to statewide or national marches for life.

I couldn't go myself. I said, half jokingly to my "yellow dog Democrat" friend, "I support life, but I don't think I could stand being around so many Republicans at one time." She high-fived me.

But it's not really that....

I would never worry as much being at a liberal function as at a socially conservative function. Why? Because so many of them have concealed weapons, and in some twisted rationalization that, to me, represents a tenuous grip on reality, they justify that they can carry a deadly weapon with being pro-life.

All you'd have needed was one nut with a gun and all the other "good" (by their own definition, not mine) gun owners in the crowd would turn Dirty Harry Curtis Sliwa vigilante on us. Who knows how many innocent people could be killed?

The most dangerous place to be on January 24, 2011 wasn't someone's womb. It was in a crowd of hundreds of thousands, most of them avowed weapons carriers.

And even if they were Democrats, that would totally creep me out.

LOL
Rosie was for banning guns, but kept guards around her with arms.

Put it this way Fantine, you would be safer with Republicans...because
1) They are pro life and would protect you because your life matters too.
2) No one in their right mind would crash their party with a gun because everyone would be looking back at them.

Its all perspective...

And you cannot compare a loose nut to the average Republican.
You will, of course, but you shouldnt.
I waste my breathe i realize.

Upvote 0