Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Obama on Saturday downplayed divisions between the U.S. and Europe over how to tackle the world's financial crisis and said China should have "absolute confidence" that its sizable investments in the United States are safe.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-03-14-obama-saturday_N.htm

"Economy......sound......." Gee, where have I heard THAT before? (**cough [McCain])......and whoooooo absolutely derided him as delusional and out of touch? (**cough [democrats]).

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The President has to say that or he will look bad. I think Bush said it too.
So, how does that fit into the equation? Bush said it, McCain siad it, they were called "out of touch",
now Obama has spent trillions of dollars and says the same thing they did.

So is he out of touch now?

Upvote 0
M

MustafaAli

Um, it's called inspiring consumer confidence and international confidence.

If the President, regardless of being Republican or Democrat, were to say, WHILE IN OFFICE, that the economy was going to heck...my gosh, I don't even want to imagine. Do you honestly think people would be willing to spend? People would just clam up all their money and save leaving no flowing capital in the economy and lalalalala, crisis.

Use some common sense here. This is a non-issue.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

If the President, regardless of being Republican or Democrat, were to say, WHILE IN OFFICE, that the economy was going to heck...my gosh, I don't even want to imagine. Do you honestly think people would be willing to spend? People would just clam up all their money and save leaving no flowing capital in the economy and lalalalala, crisis.

Worst economy since the depression, might not be able to recover,
need to do something immediately, or it will be alot worse...
This is the first 2 months of Obama's presidency. Of course, these lines did get 3trillion+ in spending bills. So they got what they wanted.

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

:D:D:DYou're hilarious!

Upvote 0

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A lie, a big lie that very few will buy
Even if they try, it will make millions cry when they can't afford chicken to fry... Sorry, I had to. ;)

I expected Obama would stay more real... no, wait, I didn't. He's in Washington now so he can go back to being a politician after he manipulated everyone into casting a vote for him.

Great example: when Bush passed that bill that allows the government to spy on anyone at any time for any reason through wire taps or other means, people threw a fit. When Obama is in office saying he is backing that bill, people were like "Oh, well he has to do what he has to do because he is president." The fight wasn't about who would make a better president, which I don't believe McCain would have been any better. It was about putting a democrat minority into office that kept screaming "WE NEED CHANGE!!!"

Unfortunately, that change is costing the American people trillions of dollars of new debt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So, how does that fit into the equation? Bush said it, McCain siad it, they were called "out of touch",
now Obama has spent trillions of dollars and says the same thing they did.

So is he out of touch now?

The media got Obama elected. If they admit he is wrong they admit they are wrong.

Obama has been out of touch with mainstream America for a long time. I don't know if he was ever in touch.

Upvote 0

Pepperoni

(clever saying goes here)
Feb 22, 2006
The Great Lake State
✟18,411.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I call it insulting.

Tell the half a million people per month losing their jobs that the economy is sound, and watch what sort of reaction you get.

If the President, regardless of being Republican or Democrat, were to say, WHILE IN OFFICE, that the economy was going to heck...my gosh, I don't even want to imagine.

You mean like how McCain told the people of Michigan that they needed to pin their hopes on something other than the auto industry? That got him tarred and feathered at the time, but I guess he was right after all, wasn't he?

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I call it insulting.

Tell the half a million people per month losing their jobs that the economy is sound, and watch what sort of reaction you get.

Don't you mean 500 million a month? (as per Pelosi - twice!)

Upvote 0