Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have GOT to be kidding! Savage? That is the most hate-filled narcissitic "thing" on the radio! I like to listen to AM talk radio occasionally to get a bead on what the Right is thinking but Michael Savage actually makes me feel kinda ill!

I'm serious. The man is a "hate machine". His rhetoric is so over the top that I actually fear he is either playing his listeners with an "act" or he truly is in need of mental health care!

I'm not joking. The man is SCARY.

That's precisely how I feel about guys like Ed Schultz, Alan Colmes, and Keith Olbermann.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,477.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
My comment was directed to the individual level, in that whenever the left wants to discredit someone they invariably make the same claim of them being "crazy". Note the treatment of Michelle Bachman, to include a doctored picture of her on the cover of Time Magazine, and the comments made concerning Allen West in the related thread.

Savage is pointing out that liberals would rather manifest rage than acknowledge reason, often using liberal loathing of him as someone with only a voice as an example of misguided and irrational hate.

I read Coulter's book. Her primary point was to illustrate the mob mentality of liberals in general, a phenomenon evidenced immediately after her book was released by the OWS crowd. I thought it wonderfully ironic that Coulter would write a book detailing the history of the liberal mob to be followed immediately by that mob taking to the streets and proving her correct.

Yes, it is only liberals. Those who are conservative are, of course, thoughtful and logical and never resort to rhetoric. :p

Upvote 0
T

TeddyReceptus

That's precisely how I feel about guys like Ed Schultz, Alan Colmes, and Keith Olbermann.

Fine! (Actually I am doubtful that Alan Colmes rises to the level of bile of Michael Savage...has Alan ever been fired for wishing someone to die of AIDS as Savage was?)

No, Michael Savage is a class all by himself. Michael Savage is truly a sick individual (unless he's playing a "part" and doesn't actually believe what he says or feel what he says, but then it moves the sickness off to those who do believe in what Savage spews.)

I honestly cannot compare anything (right or left) with Michael Savage. 99% of his shows were about who he was being slighted by or who he was currently suing or defending himself against. His narcissism was only broken by viciousness toward others.

Honestly, Savage is....well, savage. The man has serious, serious mental health issues.

Upvote 0
T

TeddyReceptus

Yes, it is only liberals. Those who are conservative are, of course, thoughtful and logical and never resort to rhetoric. :p

Reason can be tempered with humor but Ann Coulter and Michael Savage are not tempering reason...they are spewing bile. That's their job. They are ratings prostitutes and bile sells to their "base".

People who rely on either of those two to get a "reasoned" view of the Left are morons.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fine! (Actually I am doubtful that Alan Colmes rises to the level of bile of Michael Savage...has Alan ever been fired for wishing someone to die of AIDS as Savage was?)

No, Michael Savage is a class all by himself. Michael Savage is truly a sick individual (unless he's playing a "part" and doesn't actually believe what he says or feel what he says, but then it moves the sickness off to those who do believe in what Savage spews.)

I honestly cannot compare anything (right or left) with Michael Savage. 99% of his shows were about who he was being slighted by or who he was currently suing or defending himself against. His narcissism was only broken by viciousness toward others.

Honestly, Savage is....well, savage. The man has serious, serious mental health issues.

I'll admit that I have dialled away from Savage on occasion; he gets too strident for my tastes at times. Of course, the guy is past 70 now, and maybe he's getting some dust in the attic. At other times, he seems fine, but when he's on a rant, I can't listen to him.

OTOH, I've also gotten to where I can't listen to Glenn Beck for very long, either; when he gets to tag-teaming with his cohorts and they go on and on with stupid mockery of some subject rather than discussing it intelligently, I shut him off, too.

Unfortunately, in this neck of the woods, there aren't any radio stations that play halfway decent music; you have your choice of modern country, rap, or rock. So if talk radio is lousy, you can either listen to bad music or shut the radio off.

Many times I have wished that I could pull in CFZM Toronto--Zoomer Radio, AM 740; they play superb stuff from America's golden era, but it's so far away I can only get it occasionally, and even then it fades in and out.

Upvote 0
T

TeddyReceptus

I'll admit that I have dialled away from Savage on occasion; he gets too strident for my tastes at times. Of course, the guy is past 70 now, and maybe he's getting some dust in the attic. At other times, he seems fine, but when he's on a rant, I can't listen to him.

OTOH, I've also gotten to where I can't listen to Glenn Beck for very long, either; when he gets to tag-teaming with his cohorts and they go on and on with stupid mockery of some subject rather than discussing it intelligently, I shut him off, too.

Unfortunately, in this neck of the woods, there aren't any radio stations that play halfway decent music; you have your choice of modern country, rap, or rock. So if talk radio is lousy, you can either listen to bad music or shut the radio off.

Many times I have wished that I could pull in CFZM Toronto--Zoomer Radio, AM 740; they play superb stuff from America's golden era, but it's so far away I can only get it occasionally, and even then it fades in and out.

If it weren't for my CD player I'd be outta luck in the car. I have a port for my iPod but don't usually drag it into the car and plug it in. I still used disks.

Actually out here there's good selection but with the mountains it sometimes gets dodgy whether you can get a good station.

Upvote 0

Nurbz

Apr 6, 2007
✟8,607.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Just a reminder:
Certain government leaders, and by extension talkshows, are exploiting your faith to make you do what a political party wants; either hating something to voting for something or keep you distracted by pitting you against others, they are using you as tools to get themselves more money and power. The political leaders don't care don't care about you or your faith... the news has exposed so many as going to strip clubs, prostitutes, committing adultery, and the well known political religious leaders do not say anything when they throw their support behind them because they get their own rewards for help in controling their listeners.

You're being used. Past leaders knew value of religious followers:
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful."
-Seneca (4-65 AD)

"How can you have order in a state without religion? For, when one man is dying of hunger near another who is sick from overeating, he cannot resign himself to this difference unless there is an authority which declares "It is God's will." Religion is excellent stuff for keeping people quiet."
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich."
--Napoleon Bonaparte

And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."
-Barry Goldwater, Sept 1981, Senate Speech

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible **** problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.
-Barry Goldwater, Sept 1981, Senate Speech

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have GOT to be kidding! Savage? That is the most hate-filled narcissitic "thing" on the radio!

Really? Without looking it up, which of these comments was made by Michael Savage? (credits at end of post)

1. "Half this country wants to guide our ship of state by a compass. A compass, something that works by science and rationality, and empirical wisdom. And half this country wants to kill a chicken and read the entrails like they used to do in the old Roman Empire."

2. "The evaporation of four million [people] who believe in this [Christian] crap would leave this world a better place."

3. "The man is on the Court. You know, I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early, like many black men do, of heart disease. Well, that's how I feel. He is an absolutely reprehensible person."

4. "I think he ought to be worried about what's going on in the Good Lord's mind, because if there is retributive justice, he'll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it."

5. "The evil is in the White House at the present time. And that evil is a man who has no care and no concern for the working class of America and future generations of America and who likes to ride a horse. He's cold. He's mean. He's got icewater for blood."

As for my comment concerning Savage, quote:

"Savage is pointing out that liberals would rather manifest rage than acknowledge reason, often using liberal loathing of him as someone with only a voice as an example of misguided and irrational hate."

I was not attempting to evaluate the moral implications of what he says, but rather simply illustrating one of his primary points. In one sense he is correct, in that all he has is a voice. He has no elected power, no means to implement policy or law, no means to inderdict or (edited because I have no ides what word was originaly here which was blocked, maybe prohibit?) what others do. All he can do is talk, and in response to that alone the opposition to him is profound. Why? Because he says things others don't like.

But apparently when liberals rant it is called free speech, while when conservatives rant it is called hate speech.

I'm serious. The man is a "hate machine". His rhetoric is so over the top that I actually fear he is either playing his listeners with an "act"....

Sure, because conservatives are all so stupid they automatically believe everything he says.

Coulter is another one who seems to take it upon herself to "shock" with intemperate language. That's fine, but please don't hold these people up as some sort of "avatars" of reason.

"Intemperate language"? Hmmm, ok, withouth looking it up which of these comments was made by Ann Coulter?

6. "I first would allow the guilty bankers to pay… back anything over 100 million in personal wealth because I believe in a maximum wage of 100 million dollars and if they’re unable to live on that amount then they should go to the reeducation camps, and if that doesn’t help, then be beheaded."

7. "A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee."

8. "Jews more or less monopolize American foreign policy."

9. "Gender and national origins may and will make a difference in our judging....a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male."

10. Over time, however, the endless war in Iraq began to play a role in natural selection. Only idiots signed up; only idiots died. Back home, the average I.Q. soared.

Are these the "avatars of reason" we are to look to instead?

Both are either unhinged or playing a "role". No one could be as vile as these two.

What is your view of Ted Rall? Or your reaction when Matt Taibi said this of Andrew Breitbart, quote:

"So Andrew Breitbart is dead. Here’s what I have to say to that, and I’m sure Breitbart himself would have respected this reaction: Good! I couldn’t be happier that he’s dead."

At least what Coulter says is often funny.

Yes, it is only liberals. Those who are conservative are, of course, thoughtful and logical and never resort to rhetoric.

Of course they resort to rhetoric, but rhetoric isn't the issue here.

People who rely on either of those two to get a "reasoned" view of the Left are morons.

"If it were true that conservatives were racist, sexist, homophobic, fascist, stupid, inflexible, angry, and self-righteous, shouldn’t their arguments be easy to deconstruct? Someone who is making a point out of anger, ideology, inflexibility, or resentment would presumably construct a flimsy argument. So why can’t the argument itself be dismembered rather than the speaker’s personal style or hidden motives? Why the evasions?"

Quote attributions in order:

1. Bill Mahar

2. NPR commentator Andrei Codrescu

3. Pacifica Radio talk show host Julianne Malveaux commenting on Clarence Thomas

4. Nina Totenberg, NPR, commenting on Senator Jesse Helms

5. Former Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill commenting on President Reagan

6. Roseanne Barr

7. Bill Clinton, commenting on then candidate Obama

8. Richard Dawkins

9. U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor

10. Columnist Ted Rall

Final quote by Ann Coulter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Really? Without looking it up, which of these comments was made by Michael Savage? (credits at end of post)

1. "Half this country wants to guide our ship of state by a compass. A compass, something that works by science and rationality, and empirical wisdom. And half this country wants to kill a chicken and read the entrails like they used to do in the old Roman Empire."

2. "The evaporation of four million [people] who believe in this [Christian] crap would leave this world a better place."

3. "The man is on the Court. You know, I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early, like many black men do, of heart disease. Well, that's how I feel. He is an absolutely reprehensible person."

4. "I think he ought to be worried about what's going on in the Good Lord's mind, because if there is retributive justice, he'll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it."

5. "The evil is in the White House at the present time. And that evil is a man who has no care and no concern for the working class of America and future generations of America and who likes to ride a horse. He's cold. He's mean. He's got icewater for blood."

As for my comment concerning Savage, quote:

"Savage is pointing out that liberals would rather manifest rage than acknowledge reason, often using liberal loathing of him as someone with only a voice as an example of misguided and irrational hate."

I was not attempting to evaluate the moral implications of what he says, but rather simply illustrating one of his primary points. In one sense he is correct, in that all he has is a voice. He has no elected power, no means to implement policy or law, no means to inderdict or [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] what others do. All he can do is talk, and in response to that alone the opposition to him is profound. Why? Because he says things others don't like.

But apparently when liberals rant it is called free speech, while when conservatives rant it is called hate speech.

Sure, because conservatives are all so stupid they automatically believe everything he says.

"Intemperate language"? Hmmm, ok, withouth looking it up which of these comments was made by Ann Coulter?

6. "I first would allow the guilty bankers to pay… back anything over 100 million in personal wealth because I believe in a maximum wage of 100 million dollars and if they’re unable to live on that amount then they should go to the reeducation camps, and if that doesn’t help, then be beheaded."

7. "A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee."

8. "Jews more or less monopolize American foreign policy."

9. "Gender and national origins may and will make a difference in our judging....a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male."

10. Over time, however, the endless war in Iraq began to play a role in natural selection. Only idiots signed up; only idiots died. Back home, the average I.Q. soared.

Are these the "avatars of reason" we are to look to instead?

What is your view of Ted Rall? Or your reaction when Matt Taibi said this of Andrew Breitbart, quote:

"So Andrew Breitbart is dead. Here’s what I have to say to that, and I’m sure Breitbart himself would have respected this reaction: Good! I couldn’t be happier that he’s dead."

At least what Coulter says is often funny.

Of course they resort to rhetoric, but rhetoric isn't the issue here.

"If it were true that conservatives were racist, sexist, homophobic, fascist, stupid, inflexible, angry, and self-righteous, shouldn’t their arguments be easy to deconstruct? Someone who is making a point out of anger, ideology, inflexibility, or resentment would presumably construct a flimsy argument. So why can’t the argument itself be dismembered rather than the speaker’s personal style or hidden motives? Why the evasions?"

Quote attributions in order:

1. Bill Mahar

2. NPR commentator Andrei Codrescu

3. Pacifica Radio talk show host Julianne Malveaux commenting on Clarence Thomas

4. Nina Totenberg, NPR, commenting on Senator Jesse Helms

5. Former Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill commenting on President Reagan

6. Roseanne Barr

7. Bill Clinton, commenting on then candidate Obama

8. Richard Dawkins

9. U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor

10. Columnist Ted Rall

Final quote by Ann Coulter.

Great post!!

Upvote 0