NSA and FBI fight to retain spy powers. Where is Oblah-Blah?

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟908,675.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Maybe moral vacancy doesn't transcend party lines.

I have never seen more negative variations of a President's name than the name Obama. I am beginning to believe that if they wrote or pronounce his mane correctly that they may be unwittingly giving credibility to Obama as a person, and in turn that somehow gives credibility to his Presidency.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟908,675.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I have never seen more negative variations of a President's name than the name Obama. I am beginning to believe that if they wrote or pronounce his mane correctly that they may be unwittingly giving credibility to Obama as a person, and in turn that somehow gives credibility to his Presidency.

Perplexing, isn't it?

I try not to think too much about it because I probably won't like to understand lol.

Upvote 0

Anafany

Chili Maker
Mar 24, 2015
✟674.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I have never seen more negative variations of a President's name than the name Obama.

A variation I rather liked is the Persian pronunciation of Obama as Oo Ba Ma which in Persian means He is With Us. During the Green Revolution they chanted "Oo Ba Ma are you with us or against us?" Unfortunately there wasn't much he could do to help but his next Naw Ruz message contained the words "We are with you." Those Naw Ruz messages are fascinating because they are so coded. Even sending out a Naw Ruz message constitutes a way of getting past the Ayatollahs to the Iranian people, because the Ayatollahs wish to abolish Naw Ruz as a pagan holiday.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
NSA and FBI fight to retain spy powers as surveillance law nears expiration | US news | The Guardian

It wasn't good under Bush and it's only worse now under Oblah-blah.

We as Americans unified as one to stop the war against Syria.

Lets stop this.
From your link ...
With about 45 days remaining before a major post-9/11 surveillance authorization expires, representatives of the National Security Agency and the FBI are taking to Capitol Hill to convince legislators to preserve their sweeping spy powers.

That effort effectively re-inaugurates a surveillance debate in Congress that has spent much of 2015 behind closed doors. Within days, congressional sources tell the Guardian, the premiere NSA reform bill of the last Congress, known as the USA Freedom Act, is set for reintroduction – and this time, some former supporters fear the latest version of the bill will squander an opportunity for even broader surveillance reform.
After the NSA briefing on Tuesday, Massie said he sees a “tremendous opportunity” for surveillance reform, and said he thinks the newest members of Congress are likely to determine the fate of the expiring Patriot Act provisions.

“A lot of it is going to hinge on the freshmen. Right now, as far as I can tell, the select intelligence committee is making a real strong play to persuade the freshmen that all of these public concerns are overblown,” Massie said.
Another good argument for term limits ... if congress blindly renews the Patriot Act.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I voted for Obama in 2008 on the promise that he would "undo what Bush did". When he chose to renew the Patriot act in 2011, he lost any hope of getting a second vote.

Mitch McConnell maneuvers to extend Patriot Act, NSA powers outside of legislative process

RTR4STHJ.jpg

We are not free. We are controlled.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
We are not free. We are controlled.

Perhaps because you do not understand what freedom is, in the context of being a Christian?

I am free in a way that no government authority or worldly power can enslave. I cannot speak the same for every Christian to understand this. We are free in a way that government power and control is futile against stopping. :wave:

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Perhaps because you do not understand what freedom is, in the context of being a Christian?

I am free in a way that no government authority or worldly power can enslave. I cannot speak the same for every Christian to understand this. We are free in a way that government power and control is futile against stopping. :wave:

I hear you. however, I rejoice in my freedom of religion and don't choose to be agnostic about my (worldly) government actions. I choose to have a spine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Speak for yourself. I am free to do whatever I want, whenever I want.

Apparently you are not.

I kind of expected this kind of reply. I gather you in favor of your every activity being recorded by our government and still consider yourself able to do whatever (easily debunked) you want.

Do you approve of the government surveillance?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I kind of expected this kind of reply. I gather you in favor of your every activity being recorded by our government and still consider yourself able to do whatever (easily debunked) you want.
Yes, I am free to do what I want regardless of anybody recording me.

Do you approve of the government surveillance?

My approval or rejection of government surveillance is irrelevant.

If we are not free and we are controlled, as you posted, then how can you have freedom of religion?

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, I am free to do what I want regardless of anybody recording me.

My approval or rejection of government surveillance is irrelevant.

If we are not free and we are controlled, as you posted, then how can you have freedom of religion?

Please leave my thread. You have stated that it is "irrelevant" to you. So Bye-Bye. :wave:

Upvote 0