Aug 13, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟10,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, and I would advise you against doing that. I got pregnant (not deliberately) after my hubby said no to a baby and it's been a real disaster with a lot of heartache involved. Even after almost 11 months of our son being here there's still a lot of emotional pain. In my opinion it would be incredibly selfish to deliberately get pregnant and not fair to the child involved.

Upvote 0

Kazamataz

Dec 1, 2006
Ballina,New South Wales
Visit site
✟9,045.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone ever gotten pregnant on purpose after husband said no to another baby?
No but I wouldn't advise it.

If you really want an other baby but your husband says no then you both need to get to the ROOT of why he doesn't and you do.

I would suggest some couples counselling, it has done wonders for my marriage!

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have joked about it, but realised that even joking about it is wrong, because if my birth control failed and I did actually get pregnant he would think that I did do it on purpose, when it was not on purpose but failed birth control.

I would never actually do it, because having one child as a surprise and one planned was enough to show me that it's much better all around when the child is planned.

Not that we don't love our "surprise" because we do, but it is much less stressful for both the mother and father if it's planned and talked through.

If you want one and he doesn't I would recommend just praying about it, not necessarily together, but just in your quiet times with God.

Upvote 0

JustBeachy

Senior Veteran
Jan 16, 2007
✟19,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My cousin did that. The marriage ended soon after the birth of their daughter and now that the child is 11 years old, the father signed away all custodial and visitation rights to her. She never has to see him again.

Maybe that's an extreme case there and it certainly wasn't a Godly marriage to begin with...but it's definitely something that spouses need to agree on.

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, for me, my husband didn’t say no to another baby, but he thought we needed to be more “ready” before we had another one. I do think that’s typical more with men than women. He thought we needed a house, more money, more stuff etc. The fact is you just never get ready enough for that baby. And for me, I was in my mid thirties and didn’t have the luxury of waiting too long for the next one. We both knew we wanted more than 1, but for him, he was looking for us to be in a certain situation to have the next and it just wasn’t realistic. So, although we never officially agreed, I took over the planning, but it wasn’t as if he was ignorant of it – if that makes sense. But I know my husband; that he’s the best daddy in the world and that once the baby was there he’d be thrilled and he was. She’s the joy of his life - literally!

If, however, he was adamantly opposed then there would have been no way at all that I would have moved ahead like I did.

Upvote 0

Donnamr3211

Aug 6, 2007
✟7,629.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I told him to go get fixed if he really didn't want any more because ever month I would go through having hope that one sperm got away and swam up stream. I told him I would get fixed if I had one more. I told him that there was a chance I could get pregnant
every time we had sex and that if that happened I didn't want to hear anything negative and he'd better smile and be happy if it did happen and I told him that I didn't trust myself not to do something so he should get fixed if he really didn't want any more because when you have sex you take a chance on making a baby. I just told him all this the other night and printed out the info on the vasectomy and he hasn't said anything and I don't even know if he has read the info yet. I have prayed and begged God to remove the desire if it was not in His perfect will for me and for there to be agreement with my husband and to tell me to "be still and wait" or "no that door has closed move on" but I don't hear anything but my heart saying there is still a member of our family missing. So that is where I am at. Thanks for
listening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KristiLee

Senior Veteran
Sep 1, 2005
My home
Visit site
✟18,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I told him to go get fixed if he really didn't want any more because ever month I would go through having hope that one sperm got away and swam up stream. I told him I would get fixed if I had one more. I told him that there was a chance I could get pregnant
every time we had sex and that if that happened I didn't want to hear anything negative and he'd better smile and be happy if it did happen and I told him that I didn't trust myself not to do something so he should get fixed if he really didn't want any more because when you have sex you take a chance on making a baby. I just told him all this the other night and printed out the info on the vasectomy and he hasn't said anything and I don't even know if he has read the info yet. I have prayed and begged God to remove the desire if it was not in His perfect will for me and for there to be agreement with my husband and to tell me to "be still and wait" or "no that door has closed move on" but I don't hear anything but my heart saying there is still a member of our family missing. So that is where I am at. Thanks for
listening.

This seems like a manipulative tool to make him do what you want; like it's your way or no way. I think that is a bit selfish and controlling. He did in fact have children with you already and you seem ungrateful for those that you have. Enjoy your family... who knows, maybe when you change your mindset (and stop taking things into YOUR OWN hands) God might work on your husband and ease him into it. I would advise you NOT getting pregnant without his consent... even if you were to stay together and be happy ever after... this is rotten.

Upvote 0