purplestars

Jul 26, 2016
USA
✟15,220.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Been married 12 years, 2 kids, things have always been good between us but over the past year or so, we have been drifting apart, totally different interests, even different lifestyle choices (healthy vs. unhealthy) nothing in common anymore, which is bumming me out already. Then, our whole marriage I have dealt with his inappropriate contentography addiction. He would get "clean" for a while, then get back into it, same sob story every time. He's been clean from inappropriate content for a while now, but now he has switched to alcohol drinking every night. Always getting a buzz, and sometimes getting drunk and he annoys me when he gets drunk. Thank God he is not abusive/violent. I have confronted him about it, and he says he will cut down, and he may quit for a day or 2, but then back at it every night. I fear one addiction being replaced with another. We have been to counseling, but he didn't want to continue going. He also suffers from depression and is supposed to be getting back on meds for that. I am a bit hopeful that maybe it will help stop his drinking. I should add that to further add to this, he has poor personal hygeine, not showering, brushing teeth, etc, and I have confronted him on this, too, even saying it makes me less attracted to him. But he has not changed it. I am not even wanting to be intimate with him at all because of it.

To be honest, I have been through addiction before with my mother being married to an addict, and the way my husband acts when he's drunk brings back those painful memories because my husband acts just like how my former step dad used to act when drunk- not violent or anything, but just very lovey-dovey, gushy, babbling on, etc. I saw my former step dad cycle from one addiction to another, also, eventually leading to intravenous shooting up, and eventually my mom left him because she couldn't take it. After that I swore I could never be with an addict.......But I am afraid this is where I find myself now. I am also finding myself emotionally and mentally detaching from my husband to avoid getting hurt later on when/if SHTF, so to speak. I know I need to give this all to God, but I am really having a hard time here.

Last edited:

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You need to find a good godly counselor who can handle the addiction/substance abuse issues.

IMO he substituted the booze for the inappropriate content.

Reactions: purplestars
Upvote 0