Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I know this isn’t a question specifically about Baptist doctrine, but I wanted to get some advice from my Baptist brothers and sisters on a personal situation. :)

Ive been praying for something for quite a while now and I have seen answers to my prayers, but I’ve also met a few roadblocks along the way. It’s admittedly a little bit confusing to get both yes and no answers on the same thing. I know that sometimes God says “wait” and that can look an awful lot like a “no”, but what do you do when the place where you most want to be is closed off, at least for the moment? Even when nothing seems to be progressing, at what point do we determine if we should persevere in prayer and when we should give up and move on?

I’ve seen enough “yes” answers that I feel encouraged to continue praying, so I’m hoping this is just a “wait”.

What should I do?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know this isn’t a question specifically about Baptist doctrine, but I wanted to get some advice from my Baptist brothers and sisters on a personal situation. :)

Ive been praying for something for quite a while now and I have seen answers to my prayers, but I’ve also met a few roadblocks along the way. It’s admittedly a little bit confusing to get both yes and no answers on the same thing. I know that sometimes God says “wait” and that can look an awful lot like a “no”, but what do you do when the place where you most want to be is closed off, at least for the moment? Even when nothing seems to be progressing, at what point do we determine if we should persevere in prayer and when we should give up and move on?

I’ve seen enough “yes” answers that I feel encouraged to continue praying, so I’m hoping this is just a “wait”.

What should I do?

The solution is to Pray for "God's will to be done." It's going to happen that way anyway, you might as well be on the right train. God always answers faster than instantly.
Hear God's Voice - Get Prayers Answered - Instructions (in plain English) Here-

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh, yes, I always pray for God’s will to be done. That is the qualifying aspect to all of my prayers. But how do I determine if God is saying “no” to my prayers or is just making me wait?

I know in Psalm 37:4 it says that if we delight ourselves in the Lord He will give us the desires of our heart, meaning He will plant in our heart a desire for the things which He wants. And if we have checked those desires and we know them to be consistent with His word yet we have seen our pathway to those desires hedged up or a door seemingly tightly shut, at what point do we continue praying and when do we give up?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, maybe just keep praying about this and see where He leads me?
Yes.

In case it is what He wants . . .

Feed on how God's word says to do it. You will need to grow in how to love, so you can be ready to do it well. As we grow in God's love, we develop in more mature ability to do what He wants.

Learn how to relate in close sharing with mature Christians, so you can be ready for close sharing in marriage and ministry,

"without complaining and disputing" (in Philippians 2:13-16)

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

Last edited:
Reactions: leothelioness
Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes.

In case it is what He wants . . .

Feed on how God's word says to do it. You will need to grow in how to love, so you can be ready to do it well. As we grow in God's love, we develop in more mature ability to do what He wants.

Learn how to relate in close sharing with mature Christians, so you can be ready for close sharing in marriage and ministry,

"without complaining and disputings" (in Philippians 2:13-16)

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)
Thank you so much for your advice, brother! God bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My lady friend and I had some suspicious symptoms, and I was playing it safe by mainly staying with her and I did not go to church for a couple weeks. But we did home tests and came out all right; plus - - not long after her test, we got clear of symptoms.

But right then our fun and funny cute little doggie started gagging and lying around. And it didn't go away. He did not eat or sleep for about forty-eight hours, maybe. So, we got him to the vet. And the vet gave him a diuretic which cleared fluid from around his heart, so his heart could expand and pump. And then he cleared up, pretty good, but he still seems in trouble, but able to breathe and express his funny and odd personality.

But he still has the heart murmur which helped cause the trouble. So, the medication could be needed from now on.

But what got my attention was that the vet was explicit how I must not exercise the dog like I was doing. And I realize it is possible that I helped to push the murmuring heart over the edge, supposing I was helping the dog to stay fit.

So . . . I see a couple lessons which could be from God, in this.

We can have a special blessing . . . which we already have, or on the way. But look at how I might have helped to almost destroy our blessed doggie! Yes, we need to be with God so we will be ready not to ruin a blessing if and when it does come.

Plus . . . though we might get through some difficulty which threatens our lives or blessings, there can be yet another trouble ready to take its turn to test us. In this evil world we can have God's own blessings for us, but with this can come how Satan is allowed to test us with the exact opposite, even.

So, we need to be with God, so we have Him guiding us and caring for us. We need to know how to be submissive to how God guides us, partly so we do not ruin what He will have for us. Plus, there will be trials of what God shares with us . . . among other things, in order that we may enjoy seeing how God takes care of the impossible . . . showing He will keep what He is committed to sharing with us!!!

Upvote 0