deepgreen11

Veteran
Jun 18, 2008
✟10,037.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Ok, so, I'm growing up. :sorry: Part of that entails that I have good kitchen skills and can plan my family's meals and shop wisely to stretch out our food dollars. I'm learning this skill now while I live with my mom so I have it mastered, say, by the time I get my own place, and I'm an epicurean pro by the time I marry. :)

Your favorite budget meals, ideas, tips? I'm also watching my (shrinking) waistline, so a healthful hint or two would be great.

:) I wanna cook with my honey! [/random]

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
:) I wanna cook with my honey! [/random]

YESSS :satisfied:

Advice, advice??
Hum, this is what our family does. We buy what we need, and what we always eat. Now, we live by a local store that has fresh fruits and veggies. So, whenever we need it we go down and buy more. It not as cheap, BUT, we save a lot more money that way and food does not go to waste.

I also say experiment. Don't be afraid to try new things, and find a way of twisted your favorite foods.
I took me a while to get my best stuff down (I'm not blessed with the gift of making anything taste amazing like mom) but I'm learning by not being afraid of cooking cause I know the people who eat it will appreciate it.

Reactions: deepgreen11
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sales are the biggest thing for me.

Watch for the sales flyers of the stores, and make note of what is on sale, where, when. If the stores are reasonably close together, you can save a lot of money because if milk isn't on sale at one store, it may be on sale that week at the other store. I've been able to get $50 worth of food for around $30/trip by doing this.

As to the food itself, there are some really good steaks and roasts out there which when on sale, are very affordable. They're better for you than hamburger, and they taste better too.

Reactions: deepgreen11
Upvote 0

Riddik7

I'm The Captain Of This Paper Boat!
Aug 21, 2009
Holloman AFB
Visit site
✟16,628.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
try some of my recipes for some healthy ideas... http://thompsonrecipes.wikispaces.com/

anyways... alot of it is simply a matter of knowing what flavors go with what.... also don't be afraid to use your seasonings ^ ^ oh and avoid microwave food if you're looking for healthy...

Upvote 0