Pennsylvania
✟795,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
my fear of Hell and the unpardonable sin are only intellectual. Even then the intellectual fear is not that much at all. When I seek God I grind and gnash.
Good. Don't stop. Who knows, some day you may see that he is the one driving you to seek him.

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Good. Don't stop. Who knows, some day you may see that he is the one driving you to seek him.
I hope so. I do know that God is not willing (desiring) for any to perish but for all to come to repentance and He takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since I have no Holy Spirit conviction whatsoever but still have guilt. Does that mean it’s too late for me?
seeker999-:,

All of your questions regarding forgiveness, the unpardonable sin, and being led by the Holy Spirit is explained in the gospel. The gospel is the power unto salvation to everyone who believe, Romans 1:16. The gospel explains that salvation is in Christ Jesus, and Romans 10:9, says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”

Confession is the first step. We are also told to repent and be baptized, Acts 2:38. That’s what we are only required to do. Then we are sealed by the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. Not until. It is Jesus who gives us the Holy Spirit when we believe on Him. You cannot worry about the Holy Spirit not guiding you if yo have not accepted Christ because He will not come. He only testified Jesus, John 15:26.

Forgiveness and salvation is based on God’s grace, Ephesians 2:8-9. He forgives our sins, 1 John 1:9, only in Christ. Sin is not believing on Christ, John 16:9.

Upvote 0

Hopes

Jun 11, 2013
✟25,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well as I understand it if your still alive then you could not have committed the unpardonable sin. Only if you die rejecting Christ then thats the unpardonable sin. Maybe the reason your not feeling overwhelmed with guilt is the Holy Spirit is only going to show you what you can handle as far as your sins. I still to this day remember things I did and feel the need to repent for them. So for me at least its been little by little because I think the Lord and the Holy Spirit know what I am capable of handling at a given time. For me at least I didnt feel like it was a one time and done type of thing (repentance wise).

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well as I understand it if your still alive then you could not have committed the unpardonable sin. Only if you die rejecting Christ then thats the unpardonable sin. Maybe the reason your not feeling overwhelmed with guilt is the Holy Spirit is only going to show you what you can handle as far as your sins. I still to this day remember things I did and feel the need to repent for them. So for me at least its been little by little because I think the Lord and the Holy Spirit know what I am capable of handling at a given time. For me at least I didnt feel like it was a one time and done type of thing (repentance wise).
I moved the message to here:

The fact that you say you have tried to seek Christ and failed, you are just not clear about what Christ offers based on salvation.

Galatians 5:19-21 is all of us. All of us, me, you, and everyone you know identifies with these sins in some way - so are you worse than any of these? God says even if we lie, we still identify as a murderer because lying is a sin, and sin is the transgression of the law, and if we break one law we break them all.

So, there is none righteous, Romans 3:10. So, this is the very reason we have been offered a free gift to be saved.

Because God knew none of us was able to walk righteous, Titus 3:5.

To explain reprobate mind. Reprobate means a depraved, unprincipled, or wicked person. I just showed you a list in Galatians 5:19-21. To turn you over means God saying “Ok, go ahead, I offered and you did not accept, so I will turn you over to your wicked mind. I remember my mother tried to talk me out of doing something that she thought might get me in trouble. I wouldn’t listen, so she said, we’ll go ahead, you won’t listen, I’m going to turn you over to make your own bad decision. This is the same thing God is saying.

All of us are in a reprobate state of mind before we accept Christ, but in Christ God gives us, peace, et., Galatians 5:22-23.

A hardened heart: So our hearts are hardened because every human being is born with a nature that’s hatred against God, a carnal nature, Romans 8:7. You are no more sinful than anyone else. God decided to forgive us through Jesus and give us His Nature, His seed to make us Children of God, 1 John 4:4, Galatians 3:26, to where having his seed we now cannot sin, 1 John 3:9. He crucified our old nature on the cross with Christ, Romans 6:6.

Are you saying you gnash your teeth when you read the Bible? What are you trying to do? Because you only need to believe.

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth: to be honest, until God open up my full understanding about this, all I can say is we are offered salvation and if we ask for forgiveness in Christ, God forgives.

Another important issue to be aware of. We wrestle with powers, principalities, Ephesians 6:12 that tries to stop us from coming to Christ. But this is not your fight, it’s God’s fight. We just read the gospel, pray, and let the Holy Spirit guide us and strengthen us and remove anything that Opposed Christ.

Blaspheme the Holy Spirit couldn’t be forgiven under the Old Testament. After Jesus’s death and resurrection, we can’t blaspheme because under the new testament we can be forgiven.

I hope this helped you some

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟738,082.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I’ve heard that God has written His law on every person on earth even the ones who haven’t heard of Him is that true? I also do have some guilt in my life. So then my conscience isn’t totally seared.
The Bible says that our consciences will either justify or condemn us. God does write His law in our hearts, even those who may never have formally known Jesus.

You need to realize however that you have not committed the unpardonable sin. The Bible describes the cross in the following way:

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

From that we see the cross covers all sin from the day we were born to the day we die. There is no one sin that is unpardonable if we seek repentance.

Where the Bible speaks of the unpardonable sin, it was referring to a group of Pharisees who rejected even Jesus's miracles, calling them the devil.

The unpardonable sin is a state of heart that refuses to repent even when shown clear miracles. There is no one sin that is unpardonable.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I’ve heard that God has written His law on every person on earth even the ones who haven’t heard of Him is that true? I also do have some guilt in my life. So then my conscience isn’t totally seared.
Jeremiah 31:33, is God saying the old covenant with Israel will no longer be required. Under the new covenant in Christ God will write the law (from the old covenant) on our hearts - this is accomplished by the Rightiousness that is imputed onto us by Christ, Romans 8:3-4, and His Holy seed, the Holy Spirit that He gives us, which causes us to walk in righteousness by way of the Fruit of the Spirit, because Having these, there is no law against us, Galatians 5:22-23.

1 John 3:20 relates to guilt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says that our consciences will either justify or condemn us. God does write His law in our hearts, even those who may never have formally known Jesus.
I’m not clear what you are saying about those who may never have formally known Jesus but still can have God’s law written in our hearts. How is that possible if the righteousness of the law is inJesus, which we receive when we accept Him.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟795,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
It's true. Read Romans 1 very carefully, we all have a conscience, and we all know (but ignore, push away) the fact that God exists. Some things are self-evident. Wherefore, we are all without excuse.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟738,082.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m not clear what you are saying about those who may never have formally known Jesus but still can have God’s law written in our hearts. How is that possible if the righteousness of the law is inJesus, which we receive when we accept Him.

Rom 2:12-15 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

The scripture suggests that men will be judged by the way they live, in connection to their conscience. It is my belief that a person who may live in a remote tribe untouched by the gospel will still be judged fairly by God according to the way they lived in connection to what God revealed to their conscience during their lifetime.

But the scripture is clear “as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law“, we have the written law, so will be judged by it. No man having received the written law could say “my conscience will judge me”, for God says that man will be judged by the written law. As for those who may die without the written law, I believe they will be judged by their conscience, and what God reveals to them.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's true. Read Romans 1 very carefully, we all have a conscience, and we all know (but ignore, push away) the fact that God exists. Some things are self-evident. Wherefore, we are
Rom 2:12-15 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

The scripture suggests that men will be judged by the way they live, in connection to their conscience. It is my belief that a person who may live in a remote tribe untouched by the gospel will still be judged fairly by God according to the way they lived in connection to what God revealed to their conscience during their lifetime.

But the scripture is clear “as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law“, we have the written law, so will be judged by it. No man having received the written law could say “my conscience will judge me”, for God says that man will be judged by the written law. As for those who may die without the written law, I believe they will be judged by their conscience, and what God reveals to them.
Thank you for providing your views. It’s a scripture I need more study on.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
Texas
✟81,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One theologian I admire, once said something like, "When I get to Heaven, I expect that I will be surprised whom I find there, and whom I do not, but most of all I expect I will be surprised to find myself there!"

We seem to be unable to keep from having assumptions concerning what "believing on the Lord Jesus Christ" looks like. Our conscience now accuses us, now justifies us, but God is greater than our conscience.

It may be difficult to do, but try to see this life as being about Christ, and not about you. If indeed God has chosen you for his own, there is nothing you can do to undo what he has determined to accomplish— you have not therefore, committed the unpardonable sin. If, on the other hand, you are not one of his, you are already condemned anyway, because you don't believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. You are afraid, and rightly so, but come to him whether with full emotion or empty feelings. Present yourself as you are to him. He already knows what's going on with you.

"A bruised reed he will not break.
A smoldering wick he will not snuff out."

"He that comes to me, I will certainly not cast out."
Seeker, you might find the following article helpful.

R.A. Torrey - THE DEVIL HAS ENTERED ME! (krowtracts.com)

Regards,

John

• Love
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FameBright

Jan 20, 2021
Biloxi
✟22,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The unpardonable sin is a state of heart that refuses to repent even when shown clear miracles.
Hit the nail on the head. I'd probably regurgitate everything you said whenever someone thinks they've committed the unpardonable sin.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟965,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I have committed the unpardonable sin...
You have not committed the "unpardonable sin" as it is defined by Jesus in Matt. 12:24-32, but you can still end up in Hell if you never repent of your pardonable sins.
I have no Holy Spirit conviction over my sin. None whatsoever. I do have a little guilt though. I have been actively seeking Christ for a few months now.
The only conviction an unbeliever will receive is for a general need for Repentance.

Do you struggle with OCD?

Upvote 0

Indybap

Mar 16, 2023
Woolston
✟13,867.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Since I have no Holy Spirit conviction whatsoever but still have guilt. Does that mean it’s too late for me?
The fact that you are asking this, means you are seeking, haven't closed the door of your heart to receiving Jesus as your Saviour.

No human is perfect and always falls short. That's why Jesus saves as you are, unmerited , unearned, a free gift.

Salvation is believing Jesus is God, that He was born of a virgin, lived sinless, died and rose again.

That by believing in Him, you receive eternal life.

That's all through the book of John and thru other scripture.

Now if you keep resisting and pushing away the conviction of God to draw you to Him.. then He will honour that and withdraw conviction.. leave you to your own devices..not force you.

But if you give in to that convicting power of Jesus.. you'll be saved by believing in Him

Upvote 0

SplendidSeraphim

Spreading love and cookies
Apr 6, 2023
California
✟9,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Please don't worry. The fact that you care is a sign you haven't. The only unforgivable sin is final impenitence. And that's only because the person doesn't want the forgiveness! God doesn't force Himself. This isn't the case with you. At all.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Some people have a very high threshold for feeling empathy towards others , themselves and God. You say " none whatsoever " yet you also say "I have a little guilt" so meditate on that tiny bit of remorse you feel , as I believe this is where He is doing His work in you. If you continue to seek Him in true humility and not quench His Holy Spirit ,He will help you achieve true repentance through His Holy Spirit then you will begin to overcome doubt.
Blessings.
To be honest I have no conscience at all. My conscience doesn’t operate like a normal human being.

Upvote 0