Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
jellybean said:
i just mean that this board maybe should let us have a small say in some matters. After all it is a community board, and for sakes of sounding lame (or lamb) we ARE the black sheep of the family... :sorry: )

This is a christian community board . To be the black sheep of a christian family , you would still need to at least be a christian .

Tell me something and keep in mind this is purely hypothetical . Lets say the NAACP had an african american message board community but to promote understanding and peace , allowed those of other races to post there . Do you think that as a white american for example , one should be able to insist on moderating at that board or be called discriminatory even though they were a guest on only one portion of its forum? Would the same white american be able to claim they should be allowed to moderate even though they couldnt possibly know everything involved from that point of veiw , and also call oneself the " black sheep " of the same family , just because they can post there?

Where is reason anymore?????????

Upvote 0

meebs

The dev!l loves rock and roll
Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Angel4Truth said:
This is a christian community board . To be the black sheep of a christian family , you would still need to at least be a christian .

Tell me something and keep in mind this is purely hypothetical . Lets say the NAACP had an african american message board community but to promote understanding and peace , allowed those of other races to post there . Do you think that as a white american for example , one should be able to insist on moderating at that board or be called discriminatory even though they were a guest on only one portion of its forum? Would the same white american be able to claim they should be allowed to moderate even though they couldnt possibly know everything involved from that point of veiw , and also call oneself the " black sheep " of the same family , just because they can post there?

Where is reason anymore?????????

i never meant the black sheep of a christian family. Yes this is a christian board and yes im glad im allowed to post after deconverting, but all im saying is there is some bias against us and we are not even allowed to protest. personally im not just talking about moderation. Im saying we are not even allowed to protest a little when we are told of for something that others (ie the christians) are allowed to do. Or is this not an equal oppertunities board?

(and the sheep thing was a little BAAAD joke)

(and just because i tell bad jokes doesnt mean i dont take this seriously).

Say i owned a atheist forum which was allowed a certain amount of non-atheists, would i allow say a christian such as yourself to moderate. yes id have a limited amount or let them have there say if they are cheated. Id let you moderate withing the confines of the rules, with non-bias.

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
jellybean said:
i never meant the black sheep of a christian family. Yes this is a christian board and yes im glad im allowed to post after deconverting, but all im saying is there is some bias against us and we are not even allowed to protest. personally im not just talking about moderation. Im saying we are not even allowed to protest a little when we are told of for something that others (ie the christians) are allowed to do. Or is this not an equal oppertunities board?

(and the sheep thing was a little BAAAD joke)

(and just because i tell bad jokes doesnt mean i dont take this seriously).

Say i owned a atheist forum which was allowed a certain amount of non-atheists, would i allow say a christian such as yourself to moderate. yes id have a limited amount or let them have there say if they are cheated. Id let you moderate withing the confines of the rules, with non-bias.

So repent, believe and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and the issue is resolved. There is your opportunity.

Or look at it this way: a person that hasn't gone through the requirements of attaining the recognition as a physician from his/her peers doesn't really have much footing to stand on when objecting that he/she can't practice medicine among his/her peers. A weak analogy, but it has it loosely conveys the reasoning. Besides all this talk, it isn't a given that even Christian members WILL be allowed to be a moderator. The site has its considerations for application and all will not qualify for various reasons; although. people are still welcome to apply.

Upvote 0

sparklecat

Senior Contributor
Nov 29, 2003
✟10,001.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
ChristianCenturion said:
2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 4Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, appoint as judges even men of little account in the church! 5I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? 6But instead, one brother goes to law against another—and this in front of unbelievers!
These verses are discussing judging conflicts between believers. We are talking of having a nonChristian mod in the all members section. And no, apparently all of the current staff are not competant to judge, nor adequately choose judges/punish abuses of power, if the complaints of biased and unfair treatment that came up simply in the threads on this subject are anything to go by.

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sparklecat said:
These verses are discussing judging conflicts between believers. We are talking of having a nonChristian mod in the all members section.
I am aware of what I posted and what is being discussed.
And no, apparently all of the current staff are not competant to judge, nor adequately choose judges/punish abuses of power, if the complaints of biased and unfair treatment that came up simply in the threads on this subject are anything to go by.

IF people were guilty before proven so, IF all that was required was an accusation or IF it was a matter of people disagreeing equated one person's guilt, etc... but those aren't the case. You may keep the gossip based reasoning. :|

Upvote 0

Kgreg

Nov 1, 2005
New York NY
✟1,773.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
ChristianCenturion said:
One would think that the conflict of interest with a non-Christian being given a leadership position within a mission statement of uniting all Christian as one Body would be self-evident. Not to mention the various scriptures that reflects poorly on unbelievers or the world being the influence concerning affairs of believers.

1 Corinthians 6:1-11
1If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints? 2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 4Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, appoint as judges even men of little account in the church! 5I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? 6But instead, one brother goes to law against another—and this in front of unbelievers!

7The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? 8Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers. 9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Matthew 6:24
"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
~~~

If the person doesn't accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, then they make that choice and part (and least) of the consequences of such is not assuming a position of authority AS IF THEY WERE a believer.

Exactly!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

sparklecat

Senior Contributor
Nov 29, 2003
✟10,001.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
ChristianCenturion said:
IF people were guilty before proven so, IF all that was required was an accusation or IF it was a matter of people disagreeing equated one person's guilt, etc... but those aren't the case. You may keep the gossip based reasoning. :|
I think the vast amount of complaints of discrimination is evidence enough that people feel discriminated against.

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sparklecat said:
I think the vast amount of complaints of discrimination is evidence enough that people feel discriminated against.

And it is well understood that people can "feel" something that has no relevancy to or justification by the facts.
BTW - if an unbeliever "feels" that they are being treated wrong in a place that focuses on believers, they are free to go elsewhere. CF does not attempt to claim that it is the only way to know about Jesus Christ and visitation is not mandatory. While it may be legitimate to address real issues, I see nothing provided that shows that applies to this discussion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maize

Unitarian Universalist
Jan 10, 2005
VA
Visit site
✟15,714.00
Faith
Unitarian
sparklecat said:
Anyone, Christian or non-Christian, who feels that way are free to contact me and I can point them to a place that is tolerant of all. CF has never claimed to be tolerant of other beliefs, so don't expect discrimination not to happen. I won't post it here because I'm sure that would be inviolation of some rule. So PM me if you want to talk.

Upvote 0
Maize said:
Anyone, Christian or non-Christian, who feels that way are free to contact me and I can point them to a place that is tolerant of all. CF has never claimed to be tolerant of other beliefs, so don't expect discrimination not to happen. I won't post it here because I'm sure that would be inviolation of some rule. So PM me if you want to talk.
Ive talked to a number of people via PM in the last couple of days and the general feeling towards the Mods is...well...

g-8police.jpg

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In A Perfect World said:
I dont see why people are against it. Can't be that hard for any mod to lock and edit threads based on the rules.

Would that be the same rules that many secularists take issue with anyway?
Example: only allowing Christians as moderators. :idea:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

In A Perfect World

Jun 19, 2005
CT
✟17,022.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
ChristianCenturion said:
Would that be the same rules that many secularists take issue with anyway?
Example: only allowing Christians as moderators. :idea:
No - it would be the rules like:

no flaming
moving OT posts
locking threads in violation
issuing warnings and bans to members

etc. There is no reason why a Christian wold be better at observing rules set forth by the site than a non-Christian.

Upvote 0