Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Freedom in Christianity speaks of liberty from bondage to the ideas of various voices, I am sure; but we need to be sure we are in conformity to the ways and mind of God, and not using freedom to indulge our flesh and call it a godly life. Truly the Word of God is our only authority for the Christian faith.

The foundation and essence of the Christian path is quite well set forth in John 1; John 3; John 14, I see. If we embrace that truth we will do well going forward in our walk with God ....right?

Upvote 0

New Legacy

Dec 7, 2013
✟2,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Truly the Word of God is our only authority for the Christian faith.

Where does the bible say that?
Also, how does one determine the authentic interpretation of the word of God? I am assuming by "Word of God" in which Word is capitalized you are referring to scripture. Most Christians say "Word of God" when referring to Christ and "word of God" when referring to scripture.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those of us who study the Word of God and are devoted to God, know the truth of what I said. We do not look to man's ideas and reasoning for truth about God and His Kingdom and mind, and highly esteem His Word, as often shown in Holy Scripture.

Upvote 0

New Legacy

Dec 7, 2013
✟2,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Those of us who study the Word of God and are devoted to God, know the truth of what I said. We do not look to man's ideas and reasoning for truth about God and His Kingdom and mind, and highly esteem His Word, as often shown in Holy Scripture.

Can you answer the questions though?

Also, how does one determine the authentic interpretation of the word of God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Romans 3:4
4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

So the Bible says trust fully only what God has said. His word rules over all others.

2 Peter 1:20-21
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

God moved men to speak His word. Those words are true. They are also not open to interpretation. So how do you get the right one?

Proverbs 2:1-6
My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; 2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; 3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; 4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; 5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. 6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

All of the words of God are true. Not one thing He says is a lie. We get the right interpretation through reading His whole word. If one scripture says thou shalt not (and no other scripture gives conditions where you shall) then the correct interpretation is thou shalt not.

If the scripture says thou shalt not and then another one some place says thou shall do this or that then we should look deeper into the words and see why it is ok in one place and not another. Gods word will explain itself if we care enough to cry out for it and look for the answers like hidden treasure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums