No more Counter Strike for me :) :(

CHR15T05

Christian Fundamentalist
Nov 15, 2003
✟15,602.00
Faith
Christian
Well all my favorite servers have migrated to 1.6 which means STEAM is compulsory. I have chosen this time to stop playing CS as I was addicted anyway.

While it will be hard, it's better than installing Steam on my system and kissing my download/bandwidth limits goodbye.

Good bye Counter Strike.

Kokopelli

Stoic seeker of the truth
Dec 11, 2003
the arm pit of the world
✟16,447.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The UK Cowboy said:
I aint played CS for a while, Whats Steam?

AFAIK, Steam is Valve's new way of delivering patches and other stuff over the web. From what I've heard, it's more of a pain than it's worth. I never got into CS as it seemed the servers where filled with clanners or n00bs that stand there and watch you get gunned down before they decide to try and take out the player that just shot you.

Upvote 0

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟23,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Steam was released at least a year before it was ready! :D
It works, but my friends said they wound up having to re-install it almost monthly when it first came out.
I don't play HL mods anymore either, 'cept occasionally at small LANs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CHR15T05

Christian Fundamentalist
Nov 15, 2003
✟15,602.00
Faith
Christian
Dont get me wrong. I enjoyed CS once I got used to it (and got better at it) but I am using the cross over to steam as a good land mark at which to give it up.

CS really was far too adictive for me, and I have had loads of ex-players warn me of how it wasted so much of thier time and lives.

It's strange that it should even still be around and played my so many people. It's sooo old now! A few new models and textures can change the fact that it is simply OLD!!!!!

(Still, might get it again on Xbox when it's cheep lol)

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Felron said:
Well there are millions of people who agree with me, and barley any who agree with you.

Even games i hate i can still say there awsome if it is a good game.
^_^ Argumentum ad Populum, aka the Bandwagon Fallacy.

In any case, I don't think it's a good game anyway. People thought chariots were awesome before they found out about cars too. :) Actually, let me rephrase that. It *used* to be a good game, before it got dumbed down to appeal to the masses.

Upvote 0

CHR15T05

Christian Fundamentalist
Nov 15, 2003
✟15,602.00
Faith
Christian
Once again I'll start by saying "I do like CS" but I truelly belive that it's global popularity is due MORE to it's ease of copying (especially for Cyber Cafe's) than the games excellence.

Let's face it... MILLIONS of people must have got hold of CS after a conversation like:
"Look at this game. It's quite good."
"Cool, can I have a copy?"
"Yeah sure, just dont use this serial number, use......"

Am I wrong? lol
(Not that I condone this. DOnt get me wrong. I dont! But it's a fact!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CHR15T05

Christian Fundamentalist
Nov 15, 2003
✟15,602.00
Faith
Christian
Dark_Lite said:
CS is a free mod to DL. Half-Life is the one you don't want to be taking CD keys for... ^_^
Yep, but whether you download the mod, or purchased the retail version, it's still HL at the back, even though I suspect many CS players have NEVER played HL.
Eitherway, it's easy to copy.
Even the download NEEDS HL (is that what you were saying anyway?)

Upvote 0

MiccyNarc

Cynic
Dec 18, 2003
Longview Texas
Visit site
✟19,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
www.redorchestramod.com
^^ least arcadey game there is...a mod for UT2k3 (the irony is killing me :p)

I'm addicted to it, and you don't need steam. Of course, there aren't nearly as many people on this as there are on CS, but still, it's a lot of fun.

Upvote 0

CHR15T05

Christian Fundamentalist
Nov 15, 2003
✟15,602.00
Faith
Christian
Fire Ox said:
www.redorchestramod.com
^^ least arcadey game there is...a mod for UT2k3 (the irony is killing me :p)

I'm addicted to it, and you don't need steam. Of course, there aren't nearly as many people on this as there are on CS, but still, it's a lot of fun.

Woooohhhooooaaaaaaa, that looks AWSOME!!!!!
Think I'll be downloading that.

I was playing UT2003 last night in a frantic game of CTF and was thinking it was almost a shame. The graphics in UT2003 are STUNNING and the level design is exellent. It all runs sooooo smooth and fast even on older machines BUT......
The game play is sooooo fast you get no time to appreciate any of that LOL.
Still I was thinking as I looked at a certain pattern of shadows moments before I died... If I were to do a MOD.... id use the UT2003 engine..... or maybe UT2004 ;)

Upvote 0