• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

No inappropriate content or Masturbation for a Month! (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aintzaJainkoari

Dec 4, 2006
✟572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First of all, this is not to make you feel guilty, so take it as not condemnation for what you should've done in the past, but to help you do what God wants you to do in the future.

When you are tempted to sin, and this is meant especially for those of you with problems with resisting mstrbtion and prngrphy, think of what Jesus did for you on the cross, and think of how much the Father loves you.

It always helps me do the right thing or give me peace when I think of how much God loves me. And remember, the Father is perfect and loving and wants what's best for you, so if your earthly father was bad or abusive, remember that is only an example of how God is NOT. :)

1) He sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins.
2) He loves each person and want to have a personal relationship with them, and if you are saved, you are literally His son or daughter.
3) No matter how much you've messed up in the past, or how gross you feel about your sins, your Father will forgive you when you repent, and ask Him to save you from all sexual sin bondage and to give you the desire to do what is good and to be focused on what He want for you.
4) And of course, think about your reward in Heaven for doing the right thing.

Reactions: sinneD
J

jesusfreak29

Unfortunatley, that is the same story for me. I made it 7 days (the most I have made!) but I dont know what happened. Satan just spoke lies to me in my mind and that made me loose my judgement. :doh:

I feel awful. I knew that this might happen. In order to succeed it takes a few failures to make it. By Gods grace, I will make it to 7 days and more. Look on the bright side, I have made progress by going longer without it.

1 day down, 29 left....You all are in my prayers :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Canuk

Sep 28, 2006
✟8,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had tried to post yesterday, but got caught in the thread split and lost what I had written.

I just wanted to encourage all of you - I know exactly how difficult this battle is - I've fought it all my life. You can gain victory over it though - be accountable, understand your battle (triggers, etc), rely on God for strength.

Freedom and healing are a journey, not a destination. It's a long process....slips will happen, but look at them as an opportunity to get better, rather than beat yourself up about it.

Good on all of you for being open and honest about your struggles.

Upvote 0
J

jesusfreak29

I had tried to post yesterday, but got caught in the thread split and lost what I had written.

I just wanted to encourage all of you - I know exactly how difficult this battle is - I've fought it all my life. You can gain victory over it though - be accountable, understand your battle (triggers, etc), rely on God for strength.

Freedom and healing are a journey, not a destination. It's a long process....slips will happen, but look at them as an opportunity to get better, rather than beat yourself up about it.

Good on all of you for being open and honest about your struggles.

Thanks for the advice...I really needed to hear this, some of my closest christian friends believe masturbation is okay and I was thinking that it was okay...but I prayed and hearing all of this brought me to the truth...masturbation is not okay...

Anyways, thanks for all of your advice!! Theres temptation everywhere, by Gods grace I shall make it another day

2 days down, 28 days left...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Canuk

Sep 28, 2006
✟8,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm at day 2. Trying to make it to day 3. This is so hard. Sometimes I'm even scared to go to bed for fear that I'll fall again.:sigh:

The next time you feel really tempted to act out, make a list of everything you are feeling. The reason I suggest this is that every time someone acts our habitually they are trying to meet a need, or ease some kind of pain. If you can figure out what you are really trying to accomplish when you touch, it might aid in your journey to stop it altogether.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The next time you feel really tempted to act out, make a list of everything you are feeling. The reason I suggest this is that every time someone acts our habitually they are trying to meet a need, or ease some kind of pain. If you can figure out what you are really trying to accomplish when you touch, it might aid in your journey to stop it altogether.

This can be helful. But many times the list would consist on one item. the normal human sex drive. People don't need to have needs to get into masturbation. And unless people recognise that they do have a sex drive that isn't going to go away for the next few decades they will most likely struggle in their thinking about how to reach their goals for masturbation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Princess Leia

God's ragamuffin
Oct 17, 2004
Fargo, ND
✟861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm on day 6 here... almost masturbated two nights ago, but only by the power of God was I able to restrain myself. My biggest problem right now is not that I touch, but rather, that my thoughts are lustful when I do. Prayers are always needed and appreciated!
Hugs and prayers for all of you,
Princess Leia/Kendra

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.