Not open for further replies.

peschitta_enthusiast

Aug 13, 2004
✟482.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I am glad to find a fellow Peshitta-believer! Yes, he speaks true. There are many many proofs for the Peshitta being the original. Linguistic, historical, codes, word-pair studies and also Koine Greek comparisons prove that LXX and GNT are not Koine, they are "Semitic translation Greek". I have compiled these proofs and are on my free 300page book, I have done this book free as a minor thankyou to God who is too good to me:

http://www.peshitta.netfirms.com

Regards and God Bless,

chris

Upvote 0

joetst2

Sep 2, 2004
Southern California
✟112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
sracer said:
The problem with differing translations is not necessarily the words that are used, but that these wording differences are used by some to promote doctrine that isn't correct...

(NIV, 1 JOHN 5:7-8) "[7] For there are three that testify: [8] the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement."

(KJV, 1 JOHN 5:7) " For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

Some Christian denominations do not believe in the Tri-unity of God...and they use the wording in the NIV translation to support that position.

THAT is where the danger lies. But for those mature Christians who have a solid understanding of Biblical doctrines, the particular translation used shouldn't make a difference.
I have always been very hesitant to use any other translations for deep study and memorization other than my NKJV. Two days ago I bought my first NIV bible and the first impressions are that it's a very solid translation. I have encountered a few verses in which the verse appears to read differently, or at least I perceive it slightly differently than the what I have come to know so well in my very familar NKJV.

However, in reference to the above scripture comparison, the NIV translation is actually more accurate based on the now available manuscripts. Older English translations include the additional text in verse 7 (such as the KJV), but this is not found in any Greek manuscript or NT translation prior to the 14th century.

Upvote 0

only1wolfman

Sep 5, 2004
Little Rock, Ar
Visit site
✟234.00
Faith
Baptist
joetst2 said:
However, in reference to the above scripture comparison, the NIV translation is actually more accurate based on the now available manuscripts. Older English translations include the additional text in verse 7 (such as the KJV), but this is not found in any Greek manuscript or NT translation prior to the 14th century.
I do not know who told you that but they are very sadly mistaken. In fact it is the opposite way around. The original greek manuscripts of the New Testament do have those words with the exception of about 5% of them(It is one of the 5% that the NIV was translated from, the Codex Sinaticus). In other words 90%-95% of all the greek manuscripts agree fully and word for word (which is how it was translated;; not including the italicized words of course) with the KJV Authorized Version 1611 and each other. Here are a few websites that cite this:
ww.biblequery.org/ntmss.htm
ww.exorthodoxforchrist.com/niv_-_intro.htm
ww.biblebelievers.com/JEcob1.html
ww.geocities.com/benwebb.geo/KJV.html
members.aol.com/rbiblech/MiscDoctrine/TextualCriticismOfTheBible.htm
ww.godandscience.org/apologetics/bibleorigin.html

Upvote 0

only1wolfman

Sep 5, 2004
Little Rock, Ar
Visit site
✟234.00
Faith
Baptist
Jeffery said:
Inspiration is the act of God by which He made every word of Scripture completely without error and completely what He wanted.
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are writen in this book. Revelation 22:18-19
KJV AV1611

Be very careful my friend. If someone was not going to eventually add or take away from God's holy word. He would not have told us this. Ever heard of false doctrine and teachings. It happened in the days of the apostles and it still happens today.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.